World's Largest Herpes Support Group
helpiamconfused2

Herpes Cure Available to Us Already? Dr. Thorpe (Bavi) Interview

helpiamconfused2

Check out the full link below:

http://www.bmedreport.com/archives/4486

The significant part re herpes is:

"He (Thorpe) went on to state that this may not matter because the current thought is that you might be able to deplete the pool of virus during the active phase of infection and if the latent pool of virus can not be replenished then it will die out."

This is similar to the thought of George Eby who has said the same thing about continuously applying zinc to the affected area.

A question for those of you (probably all) who understand science better than me...

Let's say, we take all the known natural herpes killers - every day:

Olive leaf extract

Lysine

Licorice root

Indole 3 carbinol

Resveratrol

Supplement our immune systems with:

Beta Glucan

Zinc

Echinacea

Andrographis

Multiple vitamins

Garlic

And, wash the boxer shorts area with Purell daily and apply a known viral killer daily to the affected area which will stay on all day (zinc, or I found this lotion product that claims to kill everything it comes into contact with - including viruses) then why can't we kill herpes ourselves - if Thorpe's theory is correct?

If his theory is correct and one stuck to this for a year - shouldn't something like this work to kill herpes?

wwdamron

Yes, I have been working on a book and this uses some of the same ideas i have on curing HSV with what's currently available. I believe in this theory except i have a slightly different approach but very similiar with a few extras, I wont reveal my complete theory until after I have finished my book.

calmcollected

1) What does "if the latent pool of virus can not be replenished" mean? Isn't the problem that there is always that latent pool that can never be wiped out?

2) When is the book scheduled to hit Amazon? Have you cured yourself using this theory? Or somebody else?

helpiamconfused2

Calm - my understanding is that the latent pool cannot be replenished suggests that when the virus becomes active it travels from the ganglia to the skin and causes problems.

If it is consistently killed off (can't replicate) and if the skin were to be continuously kept virus free (purell and something that stayed on there post washing), the virus would stay killed off and couldn't return to the ganglia. If the virus didn't return then eventually the virus within the ganglia would get smaller and smaller and eventually die off.

That's the theory as I understand it.

WWD will have to opine re his book, etc.

Note: George Eby, who has several zinc products on the market to treat colds has espoused this theory for a long time...

calmcollected

In the interview Thorpe says "IF the latent pool of the virus can not be replenished..."

Does this mean that virus leaving the ganglia actually returns there to hide under normal circumstances, if it's not barraged w/ every assortment of killer herbs, supplements, ointment etc.?

And out of curiosity, why did you not include oil of oregano on your list? Or kelp? Or any of the antiviral drugs?

Also, does Lysine actually kills herpes, or more like starve it, or is that difference even relevant?

Dreadful Melody

Hello, new here so bear with me. If this theory is true wouldn't daily doses of current antiviral have the same effect? I'm currently attempting to deal with my condition by using a twice daily dose of echinacea, andrographis, and olive leaf extract. I've been taking these herbs for three months and have noticed a decrease in the severity of the out breaks but not a decrease in the frequency. I have apparently contracted a strong form of the virus as I'm dealing with outbreaks every three to four weeks. Ouch. Has anyone here used the zinc treatment you speak of that can validate it? Thanks for any info.

cakes

So is this theory true .. ??? I believe it... Whos going to try it???

officefan

Im currently bombarding my 10 week and counting outbreak with Valacyclovir, olive leaf, lysine, andrographis, beta glucan, cycloferon, isoprinosine, artesunate, echinachea, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, vitamins c, d and e, glutamine, licorice. No relief in sight--the little pimples refuse to break and the redness and papercuts are just endless. My faith in herbal supplements (and approved drugs apparently) has been shaken by this shitty disease. If anything, my outbreak has spread since adding oil of oregano. Personally, I don't think herbal remedies are the key to killing this. Sadly, Bavituximab is not an approved drug. And, like most cancer drugs, if it gets approval, this one will be prohibitively expensive, something akin to $10,000 for a course of treatment (most insurance company wont approve an off-label prescription). That being said, if it does get some kind of emergency approval for, let's say breast cancer, I will be the first person raiding my 401k for even a tiny chance to destroy this hideous virus.

wwdamron
1) What does "if the latent pool of virus can not be replenished" mean? Isn't the problem that there is always that latent pool that can never be wiped out?

2) When is the book scheduled to hit Amazon? Have you cured yourself using this theory? Or somebody else?

my book is not only about a possible cure, but about hsv in gheneral a complete study, treatments and the cure is only a theory which i have not tested and have not tried yet. but I think it is the closest thing we have to a cure is treatment including anti-virals and supplements. It will be months before i'm finished with it.

wwdamron
Im currently bombarding my 10 week and counting outbreak with Valacyclovir, olive leaf, lysine, andrographis, beta glucan, cycloferon, isoprinosine, artesunate, echinachea, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, vitamins c, d and e, glutamine, licorice. No relief in sight--the little pimples refuse to break and the redness and papercuts are just endless. My faith in herbal supplements (and approved drugs apparently) has been shaken by this shitty disease. If anything, my outbreak has spread since adding oil of oregano. Personally, I don't think herbal remedies are the key to killing this. Sadly, Bavituximab is not an approved drug. And, like most cancer drugs, if it gets approval, this one will be prohibitively expensive, something akin to $10,000 for a course of treatment (most insurance company wont approve an off-label prescription). That being said, if it does get some kind of emergency approval for, let's say breast cancer, I will be the first person raiding my 401k for even a tiny chance to destroy this hideous virus.

Try Red Marine Algae (read up on it , its going to be in my book) and doubling or tripling your dose of valtrex. if that doesn;t work you may need to try Famciclovir or possibly injections, ask your doctor.

calmcollected

Officefan: Are you absolutely positive that your symptoms are herpes? It seems to me, from my own experience, and reading on the Internet, people who have various types of genital irritation, both w/ H and w/o, that maybe people who have had herpes obs become a little more susceptible to having other kinds of irritations in the genital area, that could have to do with yeast or fungus or anything else. I am not a doctor, and have very little science background at all, but judging from my own experience and those that I read on this site, I think that could be a possibility.

helpiamconfused2
Hello, new here so bear with me. If this theory is true wouldn't daily doses of current antiviral have the same effect? I'm currently attempting to deal with my condition by using a twice daily dose of echinacea, andrographis, and olive leaf extract. I've been taking these herbs for three months and have noticed a decrease in the severity of the out breaks but not a decrease in the frequency. I have apparently contracted a strong form of the virus as I'm dealing with outbreaks every three to four weeks. Ouch. Has anyone here used the zinc treatment you speak of that can validate it? Thanks for any info.

Your question re valtrex is a good one and I thought about it, too... Unfortunately, I don't have an answer and although we've all written Dr. Thorpe he will not reply to any of us... I would guess that since it is not a 100% suppressant that some of the virus makes its way back to the ganglia (under this theory) and stays alive like that. I don't know but that would be my guess at the theory. I would guess it would require persistence and consistency to make it work. Kind of like a fire... You'd have to keep putting water on it until it was no longer smoldering or capable of re-igniting so thats why I'm guessing a year or more of both taking something and keeping something on the skin. Note: Thorpe is a PHd and noted expert so the theory may be plausible but my interpretation thereof my not be right...

If this theory is right, if you took valtrex or something else that helps to fight it and ALSO kept something on your affected area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for say a year (skin) that kept it killed off from the skin too then there wouldn't be anything to return back to the ganglia. Following Thorpe's theory it would "eventually" die off.

There was a post on here a while back by someone called "Dexter" who claimed he cured herpes by using zinc applied to the skin.

In short, I think it is worth a try. My thoughts:

1. Take something that inhibits viral replication: indole 3 carbinol, resveratrol, olive leaf extract and licorice root and maybe even lysine. I think all of these daily during the period.

2. Wash with Purell at shower time (kills at the time of shower but you may miss a small spot allowing it to find a place to "live"). Rinse it off kind of fast since it has alcohol in it and burns.

3. Apply something like zinc, or I found a lotion that claims to kill all viruses (or at least every virus they've tested it on) and leave it on the skin all day every day (increase your chance of covering the place you may have missed in step 3). I think if you use Purell in step 3, the lotion is the way to go since it can be soothing yet it has antiviral properties.

4. Do this for a year or longer - whatever it takes. Who knows how long "eventually" is.

Again, who knows if it works. Is it worth a shot? In my opinion, yes - particularly since there is nothing else out there. Note: Google George Eby + Herpes + Zinc and you'll see his theory is similar to this. Of note, he has spent his adult lifetime studying colds, viruses and zinc...

MsLucy

Officefan, I'm no herbalogist, nor am I a dr, but just reading the list of stuff you're taking every day makes my liver cringe in fear. I know these are all considered 'natural' supplements, but that isn't synonymous with 'harmless'. Too much of anything (even the good stuff) will hurt you. I do hope you've researched dosages and interactions thoroughly, and that you're being careful about this. There's no point in alleviating your obs, if you ruin your health otherwise in the process. Just be safe, okay?

helpiamconfused2
Officefan, I'm no herbalogist, nor am I a dr, but just reading the list of stuff you're taking every day makes my liver cringe in fear. I know these are all considered 'natural' supplements, but that isn't synonymous with 'harmless'. Too much of anything (even the good stuff) will hurt you. I do hope you've researched dosages and interactions thoroughly, and that you're being careful about this. There's no point in alleviating your obs, if you ruin your health otherwise in the process. Just be safe, okay?

OfficeFAn, I've never heard of the isoprinosine, artesunate, or glutamine in relation to herpes. Where did you get this info?

The only one's I've ever read about having clinical trials are:

Resveratrol (positive results)

Indole 3 Carbinol (positive results)

Olive leaf extract (positive results)

Lysine (mixed results)

Zinc (positive results)

I am with MsLucy - your symptoms don't sound like herpes. Most all research I've read says it comes, stays no more than 2 weeks, and then goes away, treatment or not...

You could, augment your regimen with applying a known killing agent to the skin such as zinc, etc. If it's herpes, and you're doing all you're doing AND added something to the skin I don't see any way it could survive as an outbreak (just my opinion).

officefan

Well, right before my diagnosis I went and got a breast lift (not that anyone will ever want to see them again) and it's a pretty brutal operation which I suppose takes a lot out of me in terms of healing so I'm thinking that's the reason why my body cant muster up the antibodies. I'm still pretty bruised and my surgery was in Jan so I guess it's true about surgery exacerbating symptoms. I havent been outbreak free since diagnosis. I wake up every day with this lovely reminder. Im trying neosporin ointment with zinc right now as well--I read somewhere that bacitracin (injected, not topical) was a potent and kind of dangerous anti-viral (when taken internally) so I thought the topical preparation couldnt hurt. I'm about to beg the unsympathetic docs at Sloan Kettering to allow me into the Chimerix trial--again. They didnt allow me in earlier because HSV isn't "life threatening" (meanwhile isnt it just an open label trial for 12 different viruses) but the psychological toll this is taking is definitely close.

Dreadful Melody

@Help, Thanks for the info. Wondering what the lotion your using is. Does it contain Zinc? Sounds like it would be easier to use than making a paste everyday as G. Eby suggests. I'm willing to try this and keep everyone updated on my results. Can you please provide recommended doses of olive leaf extract, etc. Right now I'm taking 80 drops of super Echinacea, four table spoons of Olive leaf extract, and 300 MG of Andrographis(standardized 50% Andrographolides)...no antivirals yet. I have been doing this for three months. I think this is a fairly low dose for our desired out come but didn't want to over do it at first. I have read that these herbs are very complimentary and have little risk of liver damage or side effects. I did read the post regarding the man that claimed he was able to cure himself with the Zinc paste but noticed the thread died before any conclusions could be truly gained. I believe that our bodies are our best weapons against this and with some "training" could over come the virus. Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

helpiamconfused2
@Help, Thanks for the info. Wondering what the lotion your using is. Does it contain Zinc? Sounds like it would be easier to use than making a paste everyday as G. Eby suggests. I'm willing to try this and keep everyone updated on my results. Can you please provide recommended doses of olive leaf extract, etc. Right now I'm taking 80 drops of super Echinacea, four table spoons of Olive leaf extract, and 300 MG of Andrographis(standardized 50% Andrographolides)...no antivirals yet. I have been doing this for three months. I think this is a fairly low dose for our desired out come but didn't want to over do it at first. I have read that these herbs are very complimentary and have little risk of liver damage or side effects. I did read the post regarding the man that claimed he was able to cure himself with the Zinc paste but noticed the thread died before any conclusions could be truly gained. I believe that our bodies are our best weapons against this and with some "training" could over come the virus. Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

The lotion I am talking about is called, "PureWorks". A rep from the company says it has killed all viruses they have tested it on. (S)he said the FDA would not allow them to make certain statements on their label. It does have on there "First Aid Antiseptic to help prevent infection." It also moisturizes. I think applying it after washing with Purell (Purell has drying effect, but you can buy it with Aloe in it)...

Admittedly, it is a guess on my part and I am reading into Dr. Thorpe's statement... I do think it is worth a try, while using known things (proven) that inhibit viral replication:

Indole 3 carbinol

Resveratrol

Licorice

Olive Leaf

Take other supplements to boost the immune system:

Echinacea

Beta Glucan

Zinc

Andrographis

I think this a a strong arsenal to use in conjunction with applying the stuff to the skin after washing in Purell. I am not a doctor, nurse or anything else though... Just extrapolating Thorpe's statement into something that is hopefully beneficial to all of us... and not to expensive to try either.

Dreadful Melody

@Help, Thanks for the info. It will be a full month before I can start any new treatment due to work. I'll have a sit down with my dermatologist when I return home and pick her brain on some of the treatments you have out-lined. Doing some searching here in the forums I found some rather dated info on the Resveratrol and Indole 3 carbinol. Seems as though, like myself newly diagnosed members are highly motivated and hopeful with regards to natural cures and has time passes their drive wanes and they settle into the acceptance stage. I have access to free medical services so if anyone has questions of their own please post them here and I'll get them answered by my doctor. I have a running list of treatments and supplements to get her opinion on and will update the forum on any incite into this issue she provides.

-Keep your head up, Dread

helpiamconfused2
@Help, Thanks for the info. It will be a full month before I can start any new treatment due to work. I'll have a sit down with my dermatologist when I return home and pick her brain on some of the treatments you have out-lined. Doing some searching here in the forums I found some rather dated info on the Resveratrol and Indole 3 carbinol. Seems as though, like myself newly diagnosed members are highly motivated and hopeful with regards to natural cures and has time passes their drive wanes and they settle into the acceptance stage. I have access to free medical services so if anyone has questions of their own please post them here and I'll get them answered by my doctor. I have a running list of treatments and supplements to get her opinion on and will update the forum on any incite into this issue she provides.

-Keep your head up, Dread

Let us know what the MD says... Most MD's are averse to anything that doesn't have an FDA stamp on it.

I'd like to know your MD's opinion on the comment from Dr. Thorpe.

Dreadful Melody
Let us know what the MD says... Most MD's are averse to anything that doesn't have an FDA stamp on it.

I'd like to know your MD's opinion on the comment from Dr. Thorpe.

Will do. I'll continue to dig through the net for other options as well. It's gonna be a long month but that gives me more time to research.

SillySlappa

depleting the pool of virus?

the current thought is that you might be able to deplete the pool of virus during the active phase of infection and if the latent pool of virus can not be replenished then it will die out.

So if I've had an active infection ofr 5 weeks now, am i somehow depleting my pool of latent virus because its not going back into my skin, instead im killing it and more and more are coming up and i keep killing it. or how is one meant to be able to deplete the pool of virus?

itsbeentoolong
I went and got a breast lift (not that anyone will ever want to see them again)

Officefan,

No one has seen my "girls" in quite some time, and maybe will never. But, I'd darn sure be happy just to see them lifted! :-) It's certainly at the top of my list if I come into some $$$$

angelwings03

ill try anything. im so making a list and going shopping tomorrow

calmcollected

I still don't understand exactly what is meant by the viral pool not being able to replenish. Before I go out and spend tons of money on expensive supplements I would really love for somebody knowledge, or at least pretending to be, to thoroughly explain what Thorpe meant by his comment.

Is it just me, or did there used to be more braniacs on this site who could explain all this technical stuff? What ever happened to Struggle?

But who am I to complain, I don't even know the difference between an enzyme and a hormone...

(That's a joke by the way, look up the answer)

wwdamron
I still don't understand exactly what is meant by the viral pool not being able to replenish. Before I go out and spend tons of money on expensive supplements I would really love for somebody knowledge, or at least pretending to be, to thoroughly explain what Thorpe meant by his comment.

Is it just me, or did there used to be more braniacs on this site who could explain all this technical stuff? What ever happened to Struggle?

But who am I to complain, I don't even know the difference between an enzyme and a hormone...

(That's a joke by the way, look up the answer)

Think of the Pool being the Infection in the Cells. In this case it is T-cells as it is with herpes, hiv and most other viruses. What I think you are refering to and to put it quite simply; Is what happens is you have a pool it dries up when you take anti-virals, but there is always a few drops that don;t dry out completely this is what we call the latent infected cells. If you can find a way to make it where the pool will never replenish, then you have conquered the virus and killed the last drops of infection. But they are evasive and hide and even though you kill off most which goes into the latent phase. Thhey are always their, what this theory suggests is if you keep taking strong doses of immune boosting drugs and anti-virals, that everytime the virus trys to come out of latency you kill off more infected cells. And also while its in latency you kill off some of the ones which are hiding in their latent form. So over a period of time you eventually kill off all of them you dehydrate the pool completely so to speak or at least replinish it enough to where it cannot ever come out of latency again and thus dies off. This is how I interpret it and it has always been a personal theory of mine, anti-virals combined with immune boosting drugs will kill it off over timer, if you don;t allow it to get out of latency , because once you do, then you have to start the whole process over again because the infection has replenished itself.