Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LuxNoctis

Question about epsom salt baths

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm in the middle of my first ob, and it's quite horrific, as we all know. I have so many sores on my lower regions that they stick to eachother and reopen every time I move, thus preventing any kind of drying. I've read that taking a bath with epsom salt can help with the pain and help to dry the sores. However, I am wary of putting anything related to salt on open wounds. Does anyone have experience with this method during this stage of the ob? Thanks.

I tried it

Hi,

I had heard that epsom salt baths could help the sores heal faster, so I took my first epsom sald bath tonight. It was incredibly painful, but I'm not sure if it was the salt that hurt, or the soap, or even the water I rinsed with (from the tap, no salt). I'm not even diagnosed yet, but I'm convinced that I have this disease, so I'm looking for ways to treat it in conjunction with suppressive therapy. There has got to be something that we can put on these lesions to reduce the pain! I'll let you know if the epsom salt bath helps any. Mostly it just hurt bad enough that I almost passed out.

my help

I've been dealing with this now for 8 months..I've tried many many things so perhaps my excperiences can help you. For topicals..i've tried

many..(hbalm/ Peroxcide/Tree tea oil/ Chorofor..etc..)...the one and only thing that has helped me so far is 1 thing.I've been on acyclovir suppressivly and was still getting constant ob's. I was really getting to the end of the rope.... I exercise..eat healthy..take all sorts vitimins/supplements etc.. I had ordered some red marine algae supplements (after reading about other peoples good experiences on internet) and when I did they also had an red marine algae ointment..which i thought what the hell..I'll order that too at the same time.Well..as for the red alga supplements ..I'm not really sure if they helped me in any way ....but the ointment!!! It's been a godsend. Within 24 hrs my ob was basically gone!!! It helped tremendously with the itching/pain...that was gone in a few hours. How I wished I had known about this stuff when i had my initial ob or recurrent ones after. So far the only downside has been after applying it(I had been getting obs always on same area..my scrotum :( .... ) I have gotten an ob at the base of my tailbone...somewhere I've never had an ob before.From what I can see the virus does not like this ointment at all...so since it does not like the treated area..it found another spot :( at least at the base of my tailbone it is far less discomfort than on the scrotum!!!!! I've started putting ointment on tailbone area. Anyways...I have found this the most helpful to me as a topical by FAR!!! If you do try it...post your results...I'm curious if it was just me...or it works as well for others.I know others have had great success with hbalm...but it did not help me at all...I guess sometimes diffrent things work bette rfor others.The stuff was called rma healing ointment...I beleive it is made my Vibrant Health..but I did not order it from thier site...you can find it cheaper from other sites..just do a google. If you read thier site about it..they claim it has some antiviral properties...anyways...sorry for the long post...hope this helps...and I hope things get better for you soon..i know what it's like..i've been there

Thanks

thanks so much for your reply and the information! I'll be looking for the red marine algae ointment as soon as I get off work today! That's another thing I'm dreading, first day back at work with these damn lesions. Anyway, I'll let you know if it helps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• So. Florida
      Hello All!  I'm 60 and am in the first few days of my official OB.  23 years ago I was in a relationship that toward the end he cheated and got violent toward me.  During the stress of breaking up/moving out I developed what I called a large pimple at the top of my butt cheek that I showed to my PCP.  He assured me it WAS NOT Herpes but just stress.  He put me on Prozac and here I am 23 yrs later.  I never had any other lumps, bumps or breakouts.  Recently, I had oral sex with the guy I've been dating for 4 mnths (our 1st intimate encounter) and 2 days later I have a cluster ob the size of a quarter on my tailbone.  I have an appt with my OBGYN tomorrow to confirm what I already know.  I've cried, I've yelled and I'm confused.  Why after 23 years?  I feel like I might as well close up shop and never hope for any type of relationship at this point in my life....I feel so "damaged".
    • Clearme
      Why all the f- bombs and name calling? There's no plagarizing just info sharing! I even referenced the Authors mulitple times. Look you even used that recent article(crap as you put it) to help someone understand another form of delivery! I bet that hurt. Just say thanks for the info and leg work and move on...you'll feel much better! Einstein. ..I like it!!!!!
    • Lotofquestions32
      Thank you free73, when the rash comes back I will get a proper dermatologist diagnosis. You know the thing with doctors here... They will see a positive igm and for them you have both types, no matter if is unusual to have both types igm positive and always igg negative.  Thank you all.
    • dont quit!
      Yes those are valid concerns. I believe you had posted a link and or mentioned this before as well. I pay attention to your posts, haha. Being that HSV is a large virus and it's tightly woven DNA can indeed be a delay. Unfortunately for us, I see HSV as a genius of a virus. Very intelligent with billions of years of evolution on its side.  My apologies if I pestered you for feedback. I can tell you have been down/disenchanted with the cure process.  I just wanted to see if you had substance to your pessimism about Crispr. With that being said, I believe Crispr will find a way to edge out HSV. But I'm not sure if the Cullen approach is our answer. Anything can happen in science, it's basically all trial and error. Boooo!
    • LillianPanos
      So happy we have some humor abd passion here! 
    • dont quit!
      10-15 years away. 10 if it works and everything goes smoothly.  "If CRISPR is successful..how is it administered? Like a vaccine and epidural? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I don't know anything about health science technology" I'm not sure, they have really nailed down the administration aspect of the therapy. At first,i was thinking it was given via epidural but Einstein here has an article that states that they may use abrasion administration. Personally I could care less but cost wise the latter administration would be more cost effective.  
    • edcoop
      Hi All,  Need some expert advise – I contacted genital HSV2 on April 2016 (alcohol make you do stupid things). Even using a condom I contacted G-HSV2. Two days later the ONS, I had burning and tingling sensation which refuse to go off and I went to see a doctor after a month in May and doc ordered a blood test. The blood test came positive for HSV2 – IGG > 12 (anything above 1.9 is considered positive). Even this stage I don’t get the classic OBs. Instead I have constant prodome like burning, tingling on penile shaft & testicle (right side). Initial doc game in antiviral Valcyclovir for a week and send me off. It didn’t help at all. So I went back, and this time he gave me Acyclovir for a week (200mg every 4 hours) and this sort of helped. After a week, the prodome feeling came back along with UTI symptoms (burns inside the penile shaft & feels hard in the urethra region). So the doc gave me anti-biotic & anti-fungal course of 1 week to clear it off. It helped a bit but the problem still persists. I have tried to go the natural way – load up on Vit C, Olive leaf extract, Oil of Oregano, Vit B, Lysine & Bovine Colostrum. But nothing helps.. L So finally, I did a follow-up check-up with the doc and he gave me Acyclovir for a month and asked me to give it a try and see if it helps. But he wasn’t sure of the dosage. So he recommended me 200mg every 4 hours for 1 month. This sounded a bit tough to do, so I asked him to reconfirm is it every 4 hours.. He called up his colleague and later changed it to 400mg every 12 hours. My major concern is I recently went into a serious relationship and my gf doesn’t have HSV and I want to ensure I don’t pass it to her. And my question to you guys are (I’ve asked doctors the same question and here doctors are not so upto date on HSV and my last doc didn’t know the difference between HSV1 &2. so ya.. ) 1.     Does anyone take Acyclovir as a daily suppressant anti-viral and what is the dosage your doctor recommended? 2.     Since I don’t have OBs should I continue after this 1-month or should I stop – keep in mind, my main aim is not to spread this to my gf. 3.     Since I have constant prodome feeling – any chance to know when will be the viral shedding so I can stay away from sex? Thank you so much for reading and replying to this.. 
    • dont quit!
      There is no way to know the real me online, Einstein. I'm not being *tough, I'm being straight forward with you. Apparently you don't know how to read, I've told you already most of what you posted has been discussed and or been reviewed already. Why would I lie? To back up my argument? Yeah right, but believe what you are going to believe, I could care less. You act like that June article was written by yourself. Get real dude. Plagiarizing and vomiting all this crap. Smh.
    • My Ria
      You dont need to be a clean freak.  This will turn this into obsessive compulsive behavior.  You cannot catch it that way.  Skin to skin contact So towels are not an issue?
    • dont quit!
      Crispr is a whole new ballgame. Halford is old school, go with what works approach i.e. live vaccines. I'm cautiously optimistic about Crispr. If it doesn't work for HSV, I'm sure it will work for other diseases.
  • Featured