Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill26

AIC316 UPDATE good results with ONE WEEKLY DOSE !!!

2 posts in this topic

AIC316 was safe and well tolerated at all doses administered and led to a significant reduction of viral shedding in a dose dependent manner. The strongest treatment effect was seen in the 400 mg once weekly and the 75 mg once daily dosing groups. Moreover, AIC316 led to a significant reduction of the amount of HSV found. This highly suppressive effect of AIC316 on viral replication also correlated with a significant clinical benefit: the proportion of days with reported genital lesions was reduced from 13,7 % to 1,1 %; the number of recurrences was substantially reduced as well.

does that mean cheaper medicine?

i mean, tablets of 400 mg of aciclovir are damn expensive

in the results of the new AIC316 it showed goods results with 85mg daily and 400mg weekly

smaller tablets means cheaper production right?

Guess we can hope a 2014 super herpes medicine affordable?

and ONE WEEKLY dose! Thats an upgrade in life quality =)

OMG I'm praying this makes it! Acyclovir is pretty cheap where I am...20 bucks for 30 400mg tablets without insurance and with my insurance its 12 bucks. I'm asking to be changed to Valtrex (well its generic valcyclovir) but that's expensive on or off ins :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• persevere1
      29/m hsv1. are there any single girls in the Chicago land area that would like to chat? 
    • Livenhappy
      I understand. Unfortunately, this is a lifelong situation and letting a skin condition, albeit a painful one when it shows up, should not dictate to you. Trust me, I am almost 50 years old, you don't want to carry fear of a blister or two around with you forever. 
    • Whoreallyknows
      @Jeremy Spokein, reading through all of this, I so greatly feel your pain.  I am 25...turning 26 this week and got diagnosed last week. I just utterly can't believe it. I just got out of a 7 year relationship and I've been in the same boat of wishing I had tried to make it work with him. I consider myself an amazing catch also...but with this diagnosis it's been really hard for me to regain my confidence. I was so happy to be free from a relationship that brought me down and now...I feel like a prisoner. I had just gotten a promotion at work...career changing for my young professional career, super charismatic, very friendly..I thought, how could this happen to me. I didn't want a relationship after ending mine such a short time ago but now it has me worrying about not finding one, thinking about babies...that I never ever wanted before, being so alone...I can't imagine being in a foreign country finding this out. My 2 friends I've told said it isn't a big deal but I feel like that's just bc they don't have it...I'm trying to dig myself out of this depressive hole I sank into but I can't seem to shake it. How are you doing now? My symptoms are starting to subside....just trying to fight through the mental anguish. I took all my pto days and wasn't able to do anything last week. First real day back at work and thankfully I've been able to pull it together so far. I'm here if you would like to talk.
    • Deepak
      I have continuously pain while urine from last 3 years. I think there is no doctor who can heal me. Some said I have STD so of said I have UTI and other told me I have nothing. Please go with a good doctor. 
    • Christine.D
      I'm from Bmore 
    • Sarahbby28
      Is one month long enough to build some antibodies 
    • Terrell
      My lady and I have been unprotected as well for 5 months and she's ok thus fr she only has hsv1 and I hsv2
    • Terrell
      More than  50% of new genital cases are from oral hsv1.
    • WilsoInAus
      How do you know you have herpes?
    • WilsoInAus
      There is no evidence of that, we know that HSV-1 sheds as little as 1/10 of HSV-2 and the transmission rate may even be lower. Please provide.a reference to the CDC article.
  • Featured