Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

People Who Have Herpes but Never Had an Outbreak

2 posts in this topic

Since it is established that people can have herpes and never even show a sign, I'm just curious how often people are asymptomatic? And if they are asymptomatic then would they ever get an outbreak or would they always be a carrier but never have an outbreak? Also, how do you know if you are asymptomatic or not?

The word "asymptomatic" means without symptoms. Those who are lucky enough to be asymptomatic are always asymptomatic. The only way to know if you are asymptomatic is to get a blood test that comes back positive but you never have an outbreaks.

Just because someone may be asymptomatic does not mean they can never pass it along. There is something called asymptomatic shedding which occurs sometimes. This article talks about it:

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Blondii
      @BoatyMcBoatface I don't get it either. It's like did they already know and just didn't care or are they scared? I just don't know. 
    • SureWhyNot
      Perhaps this is a reaction to something you are using topically on your baby or even the diapers. Such a sensitive area would react to any irritant. I truly hope you find your answers quickly and please know there are very intelligent people here to help because they have amassed a great deal of knowledge directed at this virus. We are very motivated to find answers for ourselves and to help others.
    • Gee170
      Yea what would the hate be about? Surely this is a wholey positive situation. 
    • Hansje
    • prayingforpeace
      Hi everyone I was diagnosed close to 3 months ago..I got herpes from an affair. I'm in an abusive marriage but can't leave right now. I turned to someone for comfort. He has always been asymptomatic. He got tested and sure enough positive for HSV 2. I was not surprised but I did want to make sure of where the infection from (husband vs other guy). Anyway I have found a lot of HSV support in the secret HSV groups on Facebook. Does anyone know of any secret groups on Facebook for people that have had an affair or who are currently involved in one (not necessarily HSV)? I do have a friend who I text almost daily who is in same boat and that has helped me greatly. If anyone is in a Facebook group like this please let me know.
    • Amymae2016
      He said it wasn't, but I still have my concerns as I'm doubting he's personally seen many infants with hsv. I wasn't sure how or where it would present itself. I appreciate the comment. Thank you.
    • BoatyMcBoatface
      I can't write much right now but I told the guy I think I got it from to get tested and get back to me and that was a month ago.  He said he didn't know that he had it..if he has it... I want to see him again and work through it but I'm sad that he's made me wait so long.  I don't understand why these guys don't respond to us or aren't concerned with their sexual health. 
    • Hansje
      Ah and I forgot, welcome here! 
    • Hansje
      Rational Vaxxer, can read your Tumbler but can't seem to register yet. I do not understand the haters. We all love you!!! 
    • Hansje
      Rational Vaxxer thank you for your message. It brings tears of happiness to my eyes. How great you must feel after so many years of suffering.  Many of us here wonder about shedding. Is it too early to ask? Can you tell anything about that? Enjoy your new life! And thank you for sharing here!  
  • Featured