Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ggeek

Is Coconut Water OK for HSV2?

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

It's good to be here, and reading tips from other people.

I suffer from HSV2, and would like some inputs from you guys.

Now, I've seen threads about coconut oil, and coconut itself,

but I have not seen any thread about coconut water.

Do you think drinking coconut water is safe?

How much is safe enough? How about if I drink all the coconut water?

Would it be safe if I drank it everyday?

Note that I don't intend to eat the coconut meat.

I'm interested in coconut water,

because I have UTI problems once in a while,

and would like a healthier alternative as opposed to taking meds.

Thanks. Hope to hear from you. :)

Diet is different for everyone. Coconut water might be no problem for you. You could try a little and see how it goes.

I guess I'll have to try it out myself tomorrow.

Will post back and share my experience, after a week or two.

Coconut water is very good for you. I am not sure how it is for HSV health however, from an overall health standpoint, it is packed full of vitamins.

This relates to the oil and flesh, but may be helpful for your research...

Is Coconut Good or Bad for Herpes?

Coconut, particularly the oil of the coconut, is recommended to help a range of viral conditions especially herpes. Coconut oil is made up of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which have the ability to inactivate a range of microorganisms, including enveloped viruses like the Herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2.

One type of MCT is called lauric acid which can form into Monolaurin in the body. Monolaurin is an amazing compound which has powerful antiviral properties and has been shown in research studies to destroy lipid-coated viruses including HSV. It also stimulates essential immune functions which ward off herpes infections.

Once again, the Arginine content contained in coconut is of little significance in comparison to the benefits that this food can provide against herpes, especially if excess Arginine in the diet is balanced by a daily Lysine supplement. Further to this, like all oils coconut oil is practically 100% fat (lipid) and therefore contains virtually no Arginine anyway.

In my research, I came to understand that you would have to eat about a pound of coconut oil a day to get benefits from it. I cook eggs in coconut oil every day, have for years. Doesn't seem to have any effect - positive or negative - on outbreaks. Nor does it have an effect when used in combo w/ essential oils topically. Much better results with topical emu oil which is transdermal and carries the EOs into the skin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Jules31
      I had a weird smelling brownish discharge with my first outbreak. It lasted about a week. From what I understand, it's from sores on the cervix.
    • Jules31
      I did nothing and haven't had any scars. For me, it's about two weeks for sores to heal. That's without any antiviral meds.
    • Jules31
      Pointing the finger is useless. If she does come up positive for herpes, she'll likely think it was from you, so what would be accomplished?
    • Jeremy Spokein
      I don't think so. The tests were done in Thailand at once of the best facilities in the country, but the doctor said that it's "too expensive" to determine HSV-1 or HSV-2 (around $150-200). He said I'm better off waiting a few weeks then getting it done in the States. He said determining HSV-1 or HSV-2 wasn't a common request because both conditions are treated the same. So what do you think about the results? Is there another test JUST to determine HSV-1 or 2?
    • WilsoInAus
      Well so many people have HSV-1 that there really is little point in testing for it. IgM is just about always positive! It is too unreliable to conclude anything. IgG borderline is negative, at least at that time. IgG borderline is negative, was it type specific you think? Doesn't sound like it.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      I did take an IgM and IgG test at the hospital, but it was only done to see if it was a recent infection or a reactivation from an infection long ago that was just showing up for the first time. Herpes Simplex IgM was positive, and the IgG was borderline. The doctor said that the results confirm a primary infection of Herpes Simplex, not a reactivation. So I point the finger at the girl I was last dating, but she refuses to get tested for HSV because she says she had a "full STD test" twice already. Go figure...
    • WilsoInAus
      Yes you are after an blood IgG antibody test type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2. 
    • Jeremy Spokein
      A test to see if I'm gHSV-1 or gHSV-2? Any particular tests you recommend? Just regular blood test?
    • WilsoInAus
      Do what you are doing and gt your test at week 12, maybe put a popup reminder about then and try to forget about it in the meantime.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      I suspect it's HSV-2 because I started getting the "tingles" again and noticed a small developing sore/bump not even 3 weeks after my primary outbreak... I'm on day 3 of taking 2x 500mg Valtrex pills and I can still feel the tingle. I'm going to start suppressive therapy as of tomorrow. Hopefully just 1 500mg Valtrex pill a day will do it. Got a pivotal week ahead that's very important for my career and this is the last thing I can worry about now... Just making sure to get enough rest and eating well. Will resume exercising and hitting the gym hard after this week is over. I appreciate any words of wisdom/guidance! Still trying to make it through this emotionally, but I think I'm doing ok.
  • Featured