World's Largest Herpes Support Group
brahmanett083229

hooyyaahh!

brahmanett083229

Ok so before i left for bootcamp there was a lot of drama. A lady from my job found out that i had herpes and she tried her hardest to get me kicked out of the navy. She told my recruiter that i shouldnt be allowed to go to bootcamp and i am a risk hazard. It hurt me so much but it made me even more determined to go and kick ass. well i am here to say now that I GRADUATED BOOT CAMP BABY AND YOU DID NOT HOLD ME DOWN. i had two or three minor outbreaks from the stress of bootcamp but it didnt affect me one bit..i was a little nervous about the girls noticing in the showers but we had to shower so quick that no one noticed :)..im so excited to be a sailor now HOOOYYAAAHH!! for anyone out there that is nervous about joining the military with herpes dont be. you will be fine and at least now we have free med insurance :) this is all i wanted to say..im just happy lol:D

Amazing

I'm going to see an army recruiter tomorrow. Do I need to tell that I have it up front? And should I tell MEPS about it? Congrats on graduating Boot Camp...I've been bumming myself out on whether to tell or not, but I feel there's nothing to be ashamed of...Your post has helped and I plan on just being honest...

brahmanett083229

no dont tell them..the only time herpes comes up is during dental..one of the questions is do you have herpes but just say no..if you have hsv2 and ur not having an outbreak then they wont know lol..never answer yes to anything that you dont have to..it wont effect you at all trust me

Starletdust

Congratulations!! The b**** who called you a risk hazard is just down right LOW and karma will come around to bite her in the a** one day :) good luck with your new life as a sailor! When I was in jr high I wanted to join the navy sometimes I still think about it just for the free health insurance like you said and help with college.. but congrats again :)

Fairy dust

Go girl!!

I did 14 years in the Royal Air Force and had H for about 13 of them!! It doesn't stop you doing all the things expected of you but just make sure you look after yourself to try and keep ob's to a minimum especially during strenuous and tiring times.

I wish you a fantastic and fulfilling career!! x

LuckyOlSun

Well this was my greatest fear when i found out 2 days ago. I'm leaving for Army basic training in two months and i just hope it doesn't hold me back much. I just wanna enjoy the experience.

AndrewFromPhilly

I may be wrong but isn't lying about it or hiding it during MEPS or Dental grounds enough for a dishonorable discharge?

LuckyOlSun

I got it after i went to MEPS. And trust me there is a whole bunch of other stuff i was "advised" to "forget" to inform MEPS about.

Everyone who enlisted from my recruiting station has never been in hospital/visited a doctor once in their entire lifetime.

Its just how the recruiting process works.

kismet23

haha i knew you were in the navy the second i noticed the HOOYAH lol. Thats some bullshit that they almost tried to fuck you over with getting in. There is SOO many people on my ship that have some sort of disease. Now there even letting those with AIDS stay on ships, before they kicked them out right away. I'm glad you made it. You've been in a few months now so how do you like it and are you ship or shore duty?

RealisticGal
Ok so before i left for bootcamp there was a lot of drama. A lady from my job found out that i had herpes and she tried her hardest to get me kicked out of the navy. She told my recruiter that i shouldnt be allowed to go to bootcamp and i am a risk hazard.

Man --- what did you do to make that gal so mad?

Didja piss in her corn flakes or something???

Was she gonna have to pick up the slack and do more work when you left? :motz:

At any rate, BIG CONGRATS on your graduation from boot camp, and thank you for your service to our nation! :proud:

MartinChen
Well this was my greatest fear when i found out 2 days ago. I'm leaving for Army basic training in two months and i just hope it doesn't hold me back much. I just wanna enjoy the experience.

hi, Luckolsun, my friend got herps after he went to MEPS, and he will ship in DEC, he so scare, can he pass the bloodtest at bootcamp? the boot camp do the STD test ?? what happen to you ? how can i help my friend ? tell the recruiter or go to the bootcamp ? waiting for your advise .........thank u ...........

Tdj

I'm actually joining the Navy in the near future. My next step is meps for my physical. My thing is, of course the navy is full of men. Some of which I know I will find attractive and wouldn't mind getting to know. Here lies the problem, living on the ship and say I do happen to meet a fellow sailor and things progress with him. My biggest fear is telling him, and him telling others.. especially on a ship where you're pretty much trapped and everyone knows everyone. I would hate to be known as "herpes chick" ya know? I know it would make it all the more difficult for me to even want to get to know someone and begin a possible relationship.

Navybaby101
Ok so before i left for bootcamp there was a lot of drama. A lady from my job found out that i had herpes and she tried her hardest to get me kicked out of the navy. She told my recruiter that i shouldnt be allowed to go to bootcamp and i am a risk hazard. It hurt me so much but it made me even more determined to go and kick ass. well i am here to say now that I GRADUATED BOOT CAMP BABY AND YOU DID NOT HOLD ME DOWN. i had two or three minor outbreaks from the stress of bootcamp but it didnt affect me one bit..i was a little nervous about the girls noticing in the showers but we had to shower so quick that no one noticed :)..im so excited to be a sailor now HOOOYYAAAHH!! for anyone out there that is nervous about joining the military with herpes dont be. you will be fine and at least now we have free med insurance :) this is all i wanted to say..im just happy lol:D

Did you take medicine for the outbreaks while you were at boot camp ? And don't they test you for that at boot camp?

brahmanett083229

Hey guys! Sorry for not replying. I gained so much confidence with myself that I just stopped coming to the site. I will try and answer all of your questions now. I did not take medication in bootcamp. When I first found out that I had HSV, I was taking medication. However, it seemed as if the medication made me have more outbreaks. I know my body very well now and stopped taking the medication years ago. HSV is not tested for in bootcamp. The only STD's that are tested for are HIV, Gonorrhea (probably spelled that wrong), chlymidia, HIV/AIDS, and syphilis. Anyone who goes to bootcamp should not disclose this. There is no way they will know if you don't say anyting.

Being in the navy doesn't necessarily mean that you will be on a ship. I have been in for four years now and have not stepped foot in one lol. However, if you do just be smart. I am a corpsman so it is hard for me as well. Since I work with the people that actually treat me, it can get very difficult keeping my condition a secret. If you meet a guy that you are very interested in, wait a little while. Feel him out. See how mature he is and decide wether he is worth telling or not. You can never predict how he will act but do not ever let that discourage you from living. you will have way more to think about than an ignorant immature person. Also, don't think that you are alone. Since I am a corpsman, I see many sailors come through my office that have herpes. its very common and you should never feel bad about who you are or what you are living with.

As for me, I am actually sea duty right now in the middle east. I PCS in two days and then im headed to Japan to work in a clinic. I have a boyfriend who is HSV negative that I have been seeing for two years now. When I told him, he didn't even hesitate. I love my life and I wouldn't change it for anything. I will make sure to keep in touch more with everyone. If you have anymore questions, please ask.

Hockeyawesome1

Would I be able to take hsv medication to Navy boot camp? I have genital hsv 1 and now I’m pretty sure I have it orally too. 

Hockeyawesome1

I have hsv 1 genitally. And I’m pretty sure orally now too. 

Hockeyawesome1

Blood test. Yeah the girl that gave it to me told me she had genital hsv1 after we had sex. She said she was too drunk and forgot to tell me. 

sameer82
14 minutes ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

Blood test. Yeah the girl that gave it to me told me she had genital hsv1 after we had sex. She said she was too drunk and forgot to tell me. 

How are you saying you now have it Orally too ..Are you getting blisters on your lips?? I so far tested negative but i have very high skin burning on my lips and skin keeps peeling off to . not noticed anything like a sore or blister on the lips ..

Hockeyawesome1

HSV1 prefers the oral region while HSV2 prefers the genital region. I have genital HSV1, and I may somehow have transfered it to my mouth. My tounge was not normal looking and I felt cold sores coming on my lips. I started to take 1 (1000mg) garlic capsules per day and haven’t had any cold sores. But I’m sure that once I stop taking the garlic capsules I will get cold sores. 

sameer82
20 minutes ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

HSV1 prefers the oral region while HSV2 prefers the genital region. I have genital HSV1, and I may somehow have transfered it to my mouth. My tounge was not normal looking and I felt cold sores coming on my lips. I started to take 1 (1000mg) garlic capsules per day and haven’t had any cold sores. But I’m sure that once I stop taking the garlic capsules I will get cold sores. 

So far you haven't done a swab test on the sore appearing on your mouth to check which type of HSV it is ..I have same issues i had rashes on my glans and i don t know i some how spread it to my mouth eyes and also to my nose ...I get tingling pain in my mouth and nose and red and itchy eye which is not yet recovered since 6 months ..But sadly my blood test are all been negative which makes it even more stressful by not taking medicine 

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

No swab? Sounds like you have an oral infection mate!!!

Hockeyawesome1
6 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

No swab? Sounds like you have an oral infection mate!!!

I had a genital outbreak a week after having sex though