Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scaredstupid

Red bumps on butt...should I be worried? PLEASE help!!

4 posts in this topic

Never had any symptoms before, none of the flu-like stuff or swollen glands people mention.

But pretty consistently for the past 4 months or so I've been getting little flesh-colored or reddish bumps on my butt cheeks. They're not like zits though.

They usually have no symptoms, but one itches sometimes. There's no fluid inside, they don't look blistery and never burst or anything. New ones pop up and then go away and new ones pop up again. They're not in clusters or anything, and when I've scratched one the only thing that comes out is blood.

Could this be herpes?

I'm female, never had anal sex, and have no bumps on or around my vagina or anywhere else. As far as I know I don't have HS-1, never had a cold sore or anything.

I'm really freaked out--I don't have health insurance, so can't go to a doctor, but am really freaked out. I've been with the same partner for over a year, we've both been tested for the general STD's, but I don't know if they automatically check for herpes along with that.

Please help! Any advice or info? Anyone experienced the same condition?

I don't know if you have herpes or not. I've heard pimples on the butt can just be boils. I would go to the doctor or clinic and get tested. If you have a current pimple, they can take a sample to test for herpes. You can also get a type-specific (HSV1 or HSV2) blood test. They may try to stop you from getting the blood test (because they're misinformed), but you should insist on it.

Good luck and take care! :)

more info.

From what I have read and been told and experienced, there is no "text book" case. They say that possibly is why it goes un diagnosed and passed on so preventely. I also had the same symptoms at 1st. My rear end and the back of my legs got sore, then about 3 days later my Fiance noticed a red bump on my left cheek. We thought it was a spider bite or something, but the pain kept geting worse and then within a week there were 5 red bumps, just like you describe. My Dr. would NOT diagnose me based on that alone. It took me going back to her twice and calling day after day saying the pain was getting worse. I did get blood drawn and Yesterday the results came back positive. For me, the rear end pain was worse then it spread, probably due to the stress of the whole thing.

If you don't have insurance, you can go on line and find free clenics that will test you and your boyfriend. Males seem to be able to have the virus and be symptomless, so your boyfriend may have it and not know it. At any rate, you should both be tested. I suggest reading on this site on any and all links to the right and on the home page you can find. Please let me know if you need anything else.

definately go get checked. don't waste your time waiting for it to "run its course" and in the meantime maybe infect someone else.

i waited, and it got worse and worse. i found out yesterday i am indeed infected, unfortunately.

in all honestly, it doesn't sound like herpes in your case. but be on the safe side. i went with the free clinic route. there's always one in every metro area. its totally confidential and totally free. just do it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• hopeful Rylee
      Where does it say 2018? I will email them if I can get contact info. I sure hope something, anything will work for us.  The stigma we face is terrible. 
    • Lisajd
      It is good of you to not be bitter. You asked about disclosing. Everyone is different in terms of when and how. Its like you said in your post, she asked about your sti status. Thats an approach you can take.  You may have hsv but you can catch other stuff still so you would want to know what thet may have
    • hopeful Rylee
      I thought this drug was booted out of clinical trials.,,
    • Blahdittilyblah
      No it never really became painful as far as the sores go. The only thing that ever hurt was the lymph node on the infected sides swelled and that was irritating. Mild itching and tingly as well. I can't fault someone for something they didn't known about maybe she did maybe she didn't but her word is all I can take so that's what I take. its just as devastating to her as it is me, what's done is done time to cope manage and go back to our normal selves. 
    • Lisajd
      Hello welcome. You are one of those they class as assymptomatic.  Trying to find out when and who is not easy.  If you have had no obs its not likely you will.  Your body is suppressing the virus nicely. Know though that stress or anything that weakens your immune system or changes in hormones can cause an ob.  You may have had a minor one on the past and brushed it off as an infection or rash even.   Please know it takes time to asjust but it doesnt change who you are. Just need to tell the new guy
    • Lisajd
    • LillianPanos
      ok I feel for you I thought for 3 mos I had H2 now not sure 5 mos later... get both copies and let us know exactly what it says.. this is a process. When I called the primary I mentioned the gyno was saying she did not request the proper test, I said it very nicely, her defense was well you have it in the genitals it should not matter but it does! I have been seeing her for over 20 years I was a bit disappointed in her...not sure I want her as my primary anymore.
    • Second_chance
      I'm going to get my actual results tomorrow. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. My HSV 2 antibody test just said negative and second culture came back negative but the first culture was positive. 
    • Sanguine108
      I've taken my prescription of acyclovir once.  My symptoms subsided on and off but the side effects of acyclovir really turned me off to it.  I felt disoriented, back pain/kidneys and burning urination.  But after the 3rd urination the burning subsided.  I've never felt that way on any herb or herbal formula. Some notable hangups and cautions with SJW are as follows:
      -photosensitivity - don't go sunbathing on SJW.
      -for brain-neurotransmitter drugs, it'll exacerbate their effects. Not a good time.
      -If acyclovir is the only drug you're taking then SJW will help eliminate it from the body.   SJW is essentially a blood purifier.   It enhances some liver enzymes that degrade substances in the body.   Cortisol, the stress hormone is something that's broken down by the same enzyme group.  So SJW has these indirect ways of enhancing wellness. Not all SJW is the same.  If you have herbal capsules then it's probably very weak.   I used these liquid-glycerine extract SJW from Gaia Herbs.   Bottle said to take 1 cap, 3x/day.  I just took 1 a day.  Was strong enough.   I made a thread about SJW, search for it and it'll be more in depth with drugs of concern.  Opiates are another that will exacerbate SJW. Honestly though, find a resveratrol supplement with Japanese knotweed in it and try that.   That way you won't have to worry about all the SJW mumbo jumbo.  The Japanese knotweed is directly targeting the genitals and would be a good first step toward ruling out whether this helps or not.    That's Japanese knotweed or it's latin name, Polygonum cuspidatum.   
    • Cierra23
      Just a few days ago I had an OBYGN appointment for a regularly scheduled pap smear. I asked if I could be tested for STD's, not because I was showing any symptoms just because I wanted to be aware and safe since I have encountered a new partner, who is now my boyfriend. I got the call regarding my results and was told that everything came back negative except for HSV-2. I had no idea what this was so I google'd it only to learn that it was genital herpes, now I am freaking out!! When did I contract it? How long have I had it? Who did I get it from? And the list of endless questions go on. I have done mass amounts of research since being diagnosed but I am still sick to my stomach about it. I joined this forum in hopes to find some kind of emotional relief or reassurance. I have had no outbreaks or have shown any symptoms of the virus but now I am worried about it. What can I do to try and prevent from ever having an outbreak? Suppressive medication? My doctor said they only prescribe that to people who have recent outbreaks.  I guess it would just be nice to chat with some people who can relate and maybe have similar conerns.
  • Featured