Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scaredstupid

Red bumps on butt...should I be worried? PLEASE help!!

4 posts in this topic

Never had any symptoms before, none of the flu-like stuff or swollen glands people mention.

But pretty consistently for the past 4 months or so I've been getting little flesh-colored or reddish bumps on my butt cheeks. They're not like zits though.

They usually have no symptoms, but one itches sometimes. There's no fluid inside, they don't look blistery and never burst or anything. New ones pop up and then go away and new ones pop up again. They're not in clusters or anything, and when I've scratched one the only thing that comes out is blood.

Could this be herpes?

I'm female, never had anal sex, and have no bumps on or around my vagina or anywhere else. As far as I know I don't have HS-1, never had a cold sore or anything.

I'm really freaked out--I don't have health insurance, so can't go to a doctor, but am really freaked out. I've been with the same partner for over a year, we've both been tested for the general STD's, but I don't know if they automatically check for herpes along with that.

Please help! Any advice or info? Anyone experienced the same condition?

I don't know if you have herpes or not. I've heard pimples on the butt can just be boils. I would go to the doctor or clinic and get tested. If you have a current pimple, they can take a sample to test for herpes. You can also get a type-specific (HSV1 or HSV2) blood test. They may try to stop you from getting the blood test (because they're misinformed), but you should insist on it.

Good luck and take care! :)

more info.

From what I have read and been told and experienced, there is no "text book" case. They say that possibly is why it goes un diagnosed and passed on so preventely. I also had the same symptoms at 1st. My rear end and the back of my legs got sore, then about 3 days later my Fiance noticed a red bump on my left cheek. We thought it was a spider bite or something, but the pain kept geting worse and then within a week there were 5 red bumps, just like you describe. My Dr. would NOT diagnose me based on that alone. It took me going back to her twice and calling day after day saying the pain was getting worse. I did get blood drawn and Yesterday the results came back positive. For me, the rear end pain was worse then it spread, probably due to the stress of the whole thing.

If you don't have insurance, you can go on line and find free clenics that will test you and your boyfriend. Males seem to be able to have the virus and be symptomless, so your boyfriend may have it and not know it. At any rate, you should both be tested. I suggest reading on this site on any and all links to the right and on the home page you can find. Please let me know if you need anything else.

definately go get checked. don't waste your time waiting for it to "run its course" and in the meantime maybe infect someone else.

i waited, and it got worse and worse. i found out yesterday i am indeed infected, unfortunately.

in all honestly, it doesn't sound like herpes in your case. but be on the safe side. i went with the free clinic route. there's always one in every metro area. its totally confidential and totally free. just do it.