Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monique

Olive Leaf Extract and L-Lysine

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Tomorrow I am finishing my first course of Valtrex (500mg twice a day for 5 days) and I am now looking at alternative therapies. I believe some people have had some success with Olive Leaf Extract and L-Lysine so I'm planning to give them a shot. Can anyone let me know if I can take both supplements at the same time? Can these also be taken with Valtrex (assuming I have another outbreak again?). Thanks.

I take all three together... I told my Dr. and he didn't see an issue with this although he did say there was no medical research to support the effectiveness of Olive Leaf or Lysine. But he said if I think it helps then I should take it. I figure I'll do anything to eliminate OBs!

Thanks Hopefilled. Which brands are you taking and how many milligrams of active ingredient are there in each tablet (both Olive Leaf and L-Lysine)?

These articles from our Information library might be worth reading if you are interested in taking these:

Herbs for Herpes

Supplements

Hope this helps,

Shenda

I take lysine and olive leaf extract. I read somewhere not to take them at the same time. So I take the olive leaf in the morning and the lysine at night.

These articles from our Information library might be worth reading if you are interested in taking these:

Herbs for Herpes

Supplementsthan

Hope this helps,

Shenda

thank you Shenda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Lisajd
      You could have acquired both at the same time.  
    • Lisajd
      Welcome. You will get heaps of support.  Whats going on with you.  What type do you have and how long have you had it for.  Remember we all have down days.  Whats important is to pick yourself up and keep going
    • Lisajd
      Sorry you had so much pain.  the first 6 to 12 months you can get frequent obs. Your immune system has to fight the virus and also develops antibodies during this time.  You may need ti be on suppressivw anti virals for 6 to 12 months.  You need to keep healthy and avoid stress. Also do your research so you know what this means going forward.  A blood test of your partner will show negative for two reasons.  1 he does not have it or 2 he has recently been infected the last 12 weeks.  Has there been a recent stressful event or illness for you to bring the virus out. Were you ever tested for hsv prior to this partner? As time goes on and staying healthy your body suppresses the virus so dont assume you will have constant obs. 
    • Girlwithnoname21
      I completely feel your pain. Stay positive you are stronger than you realise x
    • Girlwithnoname21
      Hi all, just joined this website to hope there is someone out there In the same boat! I was diagnosed when I was 17 and have never really got over what happened. having a bad evening as many of you can probably relate to so thought I would give this site a go  
    • Maybe1day
      That theravax better dial my breakouts down to zero. All that hype is really just for the abvic tests. Uses very careful wording when he refers to theravax and "managing" the disease.
    • Stronginsepa
      Ill be impressed when I know where,when and how much? Talk is cheap
    • Maybe1day
      Probably after October 13.
    • LillianPanos
      Hi. Welcome your not alone. How were you diagnosed with herpes 2? Swab culture or bllod test? Did you get copies of test results?  How was your fiance tested? The virus can sit dormant and then come out. But typically for women we get the outbreak within 2-14 days of being infected. are you on antiviral medications?  This can help with outbreak.  Everyone handles differntly. Best to get rest exetcise not much stress. Avoid foods high in argine. Coconut oil mixes with tea tree oil gives relief use topically.      
    • Windsor1210
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2. I had a horrible outbreak. The symptoms were very severe. I went to my gyno and was very surprised to be diagnosed with HSV 2. I have been in a long relationship. My fiancé went and got tested via blood work as he has never had an outbreak and it came back negative. My outbreak lasted almost four weeks. It was honestly four weeks of hell. It hurt to walk and sit. Urination was pure hell...it felt like acid was being poured on my vagina each time. Well it's been almost two weeks since that outbreak has cleared up and I'm already having another one. Is this normal? That seems incredibly soon. I'm so frustrated. I'm so depressed abouted having herpes and now I'm just so depressed about back to back outbreaks.
  • Featured