Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ5

Lactoferrin?

2 posts in this topic

Anybody ever try Lactoferrin? It supposedly inhibits the virus effectively. There are two types, the normal one and the iron-depleted one called apo-lactoferrin which is supposed to be better for viruses.

Chime in.

I have never heard of it, and I have been reading about herpes for a long time.

I hope it works.

JB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• @lw@ys
      My apologies. Try typing "Betsy Herold Einstein HSV" into Google I am sure you will find several pages with info.
    • boricacid
      He has what? Genital HSV-2, right? So, there are risks involved with dating someone with genital herpes...  there will be about a 4% chance you will contract the virus every year, on average, with condom use and anti-virals.  Keep in mind, genital herpes is not a life-threatening condition.  I'm so happy to hear you are trying to get educated and want to be there for your partner.  You may find that love is worth the risk.  Oral should be fine, as well, HSV-2 doesn't tend to transmit genital to mouth (always a small chance, but it's small).
    • Unsure88
    • boricacid
      I had one right after the other--the worst oral break out I have ever had, followed by the my first HSV-2 genital outbreak (one lesion).  Lowered immune system is probably a big factor in getting both at the same time.  I don't know.  
    • faithandhope55
      Has anyone ever had an outbreak of both oral and genital at same time?  I think I am and it is freaking me out.
    • Createss Galore
      Congrats on your romance! Not easy to come by. I'm sure many others will respond to your question over time. I don't know. I know you are hoping so, probably with all of your heart. I doubt that anyone is immune, but others will talk to you about the high unlikelihood that you will catch it from her. Some will testify that they've been with their non-H significant others for years and not transmitted it. I wish you all the best in happiness and fulfillment, and that you make this woman very happy should you decide to pursue the relationship. Just A Note: There are different types of H tests that pick up different types of info about the virus. I don't know what type of testing you have had, but I hope that it has been everything that is available. Also, I believe that there are certain batteries of tests (don't know if it's STD tests) that do not include HSV. If no one else has answered after a while, you should search this forum about all that I've mentioned above. Take care!
    • thebear123
      June 4th was my date of exposure. About two weeks later, he said he saw a small, shallow ulcer and told me I had HSV. He prescribed me Acyclocvir 400mg 3x day. I took 2 generic pills before I got a PCR swab that night. That came back negative. I took the igG a few days after and that came back negative for both strains as well. However, I've been experiencing the tingling in both my urethra (twice - once a month at the beginning) then once on the corner of my lip on Sunday before I posted this. 
    • Createss Galore
      I think most who answer often here would ask if he has been tested.
    • Createss Galore
      I've read (and I assume studies have been done) that HSV feeds on arginine. If this is true, it makes sense that lots of it, or even a little for some, could encourage an OB. And if foods high in arginine are eaten into and during an OB, it can prolong them and increase the severity. I also read that lysine can help because the HSV cells think it's arginine (which they like) and they go for it when it's present. So it makes sense to me that if the lysine content in the body is higher than arginine, then HSV cells have more of something to feed on that stunts their growth, or at least doesn't encourage it. Don't know how true all of this is, but I learned these things after I had been having problems with some foods and HSV, when I had no idea what was happening. When I learned what seemed to make sense to me, I could look back and see that that is what happened. I ate some of the worse trigger foods, and especially I over-indulged for extended periods. Terri Warren is certainly an educated healthcare provider who cares about the H community. I've also said to others that the lysine benefit could be largely placebo. If so, that's fine with me. I'll take whatever help I can get, lol. But lysine of not, the most common H trigger foods give me problems. If I eat them, I do so infrequently and very moderately. So I agree with you about moderation and keeping a normal diet.
    • Createss Galore
      If it wasn't the peanuts that affected you, it was the amount that you ate for sure. Too much sugar can do it too. I don't eat corn much, because grains are a problem for me. I messed myself up real bad once before I understood about the food connection. Ate huge amounts of corn tortilla chips for several nights. It was the excessive amount of corn every night, and some say salty foods can do it too. Not sure about that, because potato chips don't cause OBs for me. It was the corn, which is high in arginine, and on every H no-no list that I've ever seen.
  • Featured