World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
DJ5

Heeeellllpppppp mmmeeeeeee!!!!

DJ5

Background

Just finished a course of antibiotics. Flew to a new country for a term of school. Upon arrival had severe diarrhea for two days. Found out it was a c.diff infection from the anitibiotics.

3 days after arriving, went out that night and ended up meeting a girl, dancing, and kissing.

Due to time change, different diet, different bed, location etc.... wasn't sleeping at all. bad insomnia for next 12 days.

(day 1) 12 days after kissing. cold sores started to appear on lips. Started treating topically with oil of oregano. (from now on only get approx 3 hrs sleep per night)

(day 6) must have applied something to cold sores, not washed hands very good - while taking out contacts both eyes shortly after began to burn become red, discharge watery fluid. Pain in eyes got worse and worse. (transferred to both eyes)

(day 8 )Pain was bad, went to ER, looked at eyes and said there was no damage to the cornea's yet. Given 10 days of Valtrex (2x500mg). Didn't do anything.

(day 10) Cold sores & Eye pain / flare up's continue. Saw optometrist, still no damage to cornea, said looks like viral infection, without corneal ulcerations they would not give any treatment.

(day 15) Took a pee, had some dribble left over that didn't shake off so I grabbed a tissue and wiped the end of my p*****. While doing so, my finger under the tissue basically touched my urethra when the tissue got wet from the dribble. About 30 mins later could feel some tingling inside my urethra, Over the next couple days, tingling moved down the urethra.

(day 18 ) sever pain in urethra. swollen p*****, feels like a hot iron is being placed against the inside of my urethra. No visible sores.

From day 6 - 20, lost appetite and was eating very little, lost 18 lbs in 2 weeks. Then started eating again but digestive system had stopped working, ended up in ER with clogged colon. Went on treatment, now it is working more or less

(cold sores, p**** pain and eye pain/ flare ups continue to occur every day)

(day 45) Swab test done on healed-ish sore (negative), test for other std's (negative)

(day 60) Demand Famvir, start 500mg twice a day for 5 days then just once a day. symptoms lessen in intensity but still occur 24/7.

(day 70) Blood test taken (bioplex igg) (negative for both types)

(day 72) run out of Famvir. 2 days later, eye pain is unbearable, red sores appear on outside of p****.

(day 73) get more Famvir (250mg 2xday). Red marks on p**** go away without forming into anything.

(day 86) get pus filled cold sore on lips swabbed (waiting for results)

cold sores, eye pain / flare-ups, p**** pain are all constant, all day long for the last 3 months. No official test results for herpes, but the last swab taken should be definitive. The lip pain, unsightly cold sores, Eye pain, p**** pain are all debilitating.

Don't have HIV, lupus, cancer, etc....... HELP / ideas?

Famvir dosing chosen by myself, doc will only prescribe Famvir to take during flare ups (3x500mg one time) but I just take it everyday because symptoms continue. Costs 100$ for 7-10 days. Keep in mind, i'm overseas in another country, with poor health coverage. Spent around $2000 on doctors visits, medication.

JBnATL

If the Valtrex didn't do anything and your swab and blood tests came back negative then I don't think you have herpes. Herpes isn't that easy to spread around.

I hope you can find a doctor who can adequately diagnose you.

Good luck!

JB

DJ5

Like I said, the last swab will be definitive when the results come in, and the famvir does help a bit. The valtrex may have been helping, but I didn't think it was because I was still getting outbreaks. There's not really any doubt that it's herpes, I just need to find a way to stop it.

Girlyproblems

You said it's puss filled?? It doesn't sound like herpes... Cold sores are filled with clear fluid not puss!

DJ5

well, these 'cold sores' I am getting which are only on my lips basically form like acne (but much more pain/tingling/burning) and then become filled with a creamy/white/yellowish fluid. If you pop them the puss comes out sometimes with some blood.

Maybe not all herpes is clear fluid, might depend on the person. I am typically acne prone so maybe that's why it looks more like acne (ie. bacteria gets in there too). Who knows, but it's bad. Hopefully I will get an definite answer one way or the other this coming week, but I'm almost pos it's herpes.

Girlyproblems

I could be wrong but that sound like a bad bacterial infection to me!!!

But I don't even know what my cold sores are!! I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out what is a cold sore and what is not!!! Like right now I have a slip in the middle of my lip from chapped lips, but it's shiny not scabby, but it's not getting bigger and doesn't hurt unless I pick at it or open my mouth too wide...

DJ5

as far as I'm concerned, if there is anything on the lips, ie. small cuts, redness, red spots, whiteheads, etc... it it herpes. Before getting this, I never had any of these problems, and like I said I am acne prone (which I do have under control).

Girlyproblems

It could very well be herpes, but herpes is not the only thing that causes stuff on your lips, there's something called impetigo.

DJ5

Yea, but that doesn't make cold sores that burn/itch etc... and from the pics i've seen, it looks pretty different than just lip sores. Believe me though, I'm praying it is anything other than herpes. But I seriously doubt it at this point...

Girlyproblems

I'm just letting you know that it is not 100% yet that it's herpes. Did you ever ask the girl you kissed if she gets cold sores?

DJ5

I asked her about getting sores on her lips, and she pretended like she didn't know what I was talking about. But I have seen her after the fact with sores on her lips, so she clearly gets them. Basically, don't think she can be trusted. If I find out it's impetigo, I will give you a massive kiss!!!.. (well wait, i don't actually mean that considering the circumstances....but you get the idea)

DJ5

Naw, impetigo only incubates for 1-3 days.... Mine took 12 days before I stated getting sores, and seems to respond a little bit to antivirals... Plus I don't think the intense pain is usually associated with impetigo...booo

Girlyproblems

Humm... Well... IF it is a cold sore... Then I think it might have gotten infected because it normally doesn't puss, it seeps clear stuff, then crusts yellow! Also this is "classic" symptoms. Well maybe you didn't get impetigo from the girl... Where exactly on your lip is it? Is it towards the Lining of your lip? Did you shave? I mean if it's near the lining and you shaved the area with an old razor, you cld infect the area.

Well I still hope you don't have it, given your other circumstances!

I was in a similar position as you, but I had a blister on my lip, popped it unknowing that it's a cold sore, well I had girly problems already so during that day I had touch my genitals because I was trying to clean the area, then it hit me that the blister is prolly a cold sore, I freaked out and Cldnt recall if I washed my hand throughly before touching myself... And then I got my test results (blood test) I came back pos for hsv1, so now I'm still freaking out about passing it to myself! Trust me though freaking out about it only makes things worse and gives phantom symptoms!!! So try to relax, and think positive until you get firm results!

DJ5

You would know if you transferred it to your gents, it's painful, but can only usually happen during your primary breakout, like me: exhibit A. and the cold sores are usually mostly on the lip and a bit on the skin above the lip (or below for the lower lips) It's not from shaving. I won't shave for days and new ones will pop up. Please just kill me.

Girlyproblems

It's just really really hard for me to believe that hsv symptoms will last 86 days!!!! Usually with a cold sore, just like any type of hsv you may have a bad out break but it will go away in ~3 weeks if it's really bad and then be gone with no symptoms then after some time of being symptom free it will come back less severe! It seems to me that this is a on going problem that hasn't cleared up, giving me the impression that it's bacterial! Especially since you are easily spreading it around to other parts of your body!

I know... But I'm not sure how long I've had hsv1, i might have had it since I was a child, but my mom says I've never had a cold sore, but my mom my dad all my aunts get cold sores, my ex bf back when I was 16 got cold sores so I could have gotten it at age 16, OR I could have recently got it, because my Bestie gets cold sores frequently, and one day she told me to try her drink, I drank from her straw without thinking, she had lip gloss and she drank from in one second before I did, so the straw was glossy, well then right after I noticed her putting on cold sore cream on her lip!!!!!!! I freaked out but didn't say anything to her... Two weeks later I had a blister on my lip!!!!!! It was only one, that's when I touched myself trying to clean myself... 5 weeks later I took a blood test hsv1>5. so I'm not sure if I've had it... Or if I got it from my Bestie. Honestly I hope I already had it, because I really dont want to pass it down there. But after I popped the blister my lip was back to normal in three days! So idk... But now I keep biting my lip of having splits in my lip that look shiny like it's weeping but it never ulcerates, and just looks like a cut that's shiny, it doesn't even scab unless I pick at it until it bleeds. It's just shiny for three days then the third day it looks normal!! So I know a blister with clear fluid is a cold sore, but what about a cut that's shiny... Idk..,

DJ5

well the girl i caught it from, we made-out for quite a long time.....so I got a shitload of virus dumped in me a one time, not just a brief touch of a straw. Maybe that matters... I really wish it would have been just a peck. FML. I didn't really like this girl either, I was just kissing her to be nice because we danced for a bit and I could tell she wanted to kiss me....SO much for that. And then I walked her home, because I didn't want to be a douche and just leave her after kissing her... Then she hinted to come to her room for you know what, but that is where I had to draw the line. Because I don't have 1 night stands. Didn't end up mattering in the end tho... boo me

Girlyproblems

Yeah but at age 16, I dated a guy hsv1 positive for 3 years!!! We made out intensely ALOT and I never got an ugly outbreak at all! Actually I don't remember ever having anything wrong with my lips, then a couple years back I would freak out about cuts I had on my lip, cuz I bite my lips all the time, but it never ulcerated or turned into a blister, I didn't get a blister until two weeks after I shared a straw! Ugh... Still my aunts kissed me all the time as a child, cold sore or no cold sore... So idk!! But now after sharing straws that one time I've noticed my cuts looking shiny!! Errr but idk if I'm being paranoid, I use to kiss my bf all the time even when I bit my lip cuz I never thought I had hsv, now I'm sooooo scared to kiss him at all!!!! Especially if I even have a cut from me biting it!

DJ5

he doesn't have hsv1 for sure?? should get checked. But yea tough. Maybe stop biting your lips for a bit and if you have a juicy looking cut form that you think might be a cold sore then go get it swabbed.

Girlyproblems

Nope he has never had a cold sore in his life!!! He hasn't gotten a blood test though, I think that he thinks if he does get one and it comes back neg then we both will be too paranoid... Idk tho. But he said that he loves me and it's not a deal breaker, I told him, "sorry but for your and my own good I cannot give oral sex ever again, I want to make sure not to pass it genitally" He is fine with it! But man, I'm on a mission to try to cure my herpes!!!

DJ5

I was on that mission.... That mission ended when my primary outbreak went past 2 months.... Now I'm just trying anything to make it stop.

Girlyproblems

See that's why I don't believe it's hsv, even the worst outbreak doesn't last two months!!! But well Ive been trying everything, now I'm just trying to supress it but I keep getting cuts like two times a month. Well I would get it swabbed but I'm leaving the swab tests to my genital area, so far I've had three swabs, all come back neg!!! But there was one time I should have had a cut swabbed but the dr wouldn't do it, she said that it's already healing and it's just a cut, not herpes, (I had a cut under clitoris hood, had a dr look at it the next day that the cut popped up) altho it did already look like it was healing fast... But still wish I wlda had it swabbed.

DJ5

shit, yea definitely better just to swab when in doubt, stupid doctor. I've read some people take forever to get a positive swab, like 6 or 7 times... I've already had 2 swabs come back neg but they were clearly bad samples.... one had already healed, and the other was just a bit red. Plus I had put tea tree oil on them about an hour or so both times before being swabbed (didn't know I was gonna get swabbed). This last swab I did was gooey with pus (i know, gross) so if this comes back neg then I know I don't have herpes. But I'm not holding my breath.

Everything else (besides the fact that this first outbreak won't stop) is herpes to the T. So when people say they don't think it's herpes because of that reason alone.... it doesn't really make sense to me.... My immune system is probably just shot.

But yea, living and not knowing if you have herpes in those cuts makes it hard till u get something definitive....

Girlyproblems

Yup I was pretty pissed that the dr didn't swab it, but she was right, the cut wasn't oozing or weeping it was dry and looked like it was healing fast, it ended up healing completely in three days, but man it was painful, I told the dr it was very painful and she said "yeah you have a cut on a very sensitive area it's going to be very painful" still I would feel much better if I had a neg swab on that cut. But I've told my whole story to the med help forum, and those people truly don't believe I have GHSV 1, they said my issues don't sound herpes related at all, even after I told them about that cut, a taste bud looking bump, burning, can't pee, the list goes on... But I had untreated bacterial infection for 5 months!!!! Which accounts for the burning and peeing problem. The bump was swabbed, neg, another cut I had was swabbed, neg. And my cervix was swabbed, neg. But I will keep going in if I have and suspicious things going on.

Now as for you, the fact that this is an on going thing is not the only reason why I don't think it's herpes, you also mentioned that it had puss, that's not typical of herpes, plus you have had some swabs done, altho there is a high false neg from what ive heard, which is why I keep demanding swabs with diff problems down there. Oh and the fact that you had an eye problem so fast with no ulceration... Idk it doesn't sound like herpes. For example, when I had that blister, I popped it then washed my hands and as I touched the water my hand with all the stuff on it flicked water right in my eye!! I freaked out, my eye hurt for a week, but it wasn't bad it just hurt, it didn't get watery or even look infected, a part of my thinks that the pain was in my head. And that blister I had was infact hsv1!!! So this leads me to believe that maybe it's bacterial that you have. Altho I could be wrong, but I'm keeping the faith!!!

DJ5

yea, not sure how I would describe the GHSV1 pain that I have, it's almost like the skin feels as though it's being pinched very hard while being lightly burn with a match at the same time but I look where the pain is and don't see anything. This is similar to the pain I get in my lips and it kind of comes in waves. Not sure if you get anything like this. My eyes will flare up too and go completely red with thick long red lines in them and be very red closer to the nose side, with pain as well (multiple times a day). I know what you mean about the doctors though, once they start to think you are imagining things, they pretty stop treating you. But I get the same thing, I told one doc that I was pretty sure I transferred it to my genitals cuz of the similar pain etc.. and he was just like, no no that is very unlikely, you are probably just stressed out about the cold sores, don't worry. And then the eye thing, he just looked at them and was like, there is not herpes infection here, and i'm like yea they are not flaring up right now.and then he thinks i'm even more crazy...

But much appreash on the faith. I'll take anything at this point. About a couple weeks ago some random guy started talking to me, and he asked how my time here has been, so I told him I had been suffering from a bad infection for the last few couple months and he asked if he could pray for me, and put his hand on my shoulder and said a prayer to get rid of this infection I was having. He was a pretty normal dude too... not some hippie. So I thought that was a pretty good sign. Now with your positive thoughts coming my way too, who knows. Maybe something good will happen for once.

Girlyproblems

Well I get burning feeling, but have been told it's cuz of BV, I use to get a hot feeling to, like there is a heater on high next to my vagina... Been told that's yeast infection... I've been extremely itchy. But after fixing all those NON STD infections now I have pressure on one side, I also feel pinching in diff places but nothing is there! When I had that cut, first I felt weird, but I was treating a yeast infection with cream so it could feel the cream irritating me and I scratched a little, then an hour later I took a shower, it really hurt to touch my clitoris, so I lifted the hood and saw the cut/abrasion, it was super red like the skin was torn off. The next day in the afternoon I had it looked at and the dr said it's already healing and it's healing like a normal cut should heal.

Wow! Yeah I've had alot of people praying for me, I've been having non stop girly problems for 6 months now!!!! It sux! But I think I'm almost at the end of it! I was on anti biotics three times!!!!