World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lifeis2good

Single guy, just found out, and floored!!

Lifeis2good

Hi everyone...

I'm going through what I guess everyone here has at one point... My biggest worry is... I have so much to offer.. I got a surprise from what I thought was a serious relationship..

I still want kids and a family.. I know it happens, but would like to find a good girl for a lifetime of love, and this makes it tough to say the least..

Lots to learn here :)

salemnye

Yes it took me a half year to get over it. I'm still not sure if i'll ever find someone to have a family with and love forever and have them not afraid of being infected. I just don't let it distract me...which the only time i think about herpes is when I'm having an outbreak because I can feel it. 1 in 5 is affected with herpes so I'm sure you'll find someone and I sure hope I do too :)

s7evans

Well I just found out and I too would like to find someone for a lifetime of love... just can't shake the feeling that its not in the cards for me... I hope you all find someone! For now I know I am a fantastic person and have a lot to offer! That has to count for something when finding that special someone!! :)

flipgirl12

it really does sound like a lot of people do have this and while it is scary and painful it's not the end of the world! don't get me wrong, i'm not thrilled to find out that i may have herpes and I'm sure the next time i start to fall for someone it's going to be very difficult to tell them but i for one am not going to let it ruin my life. just like all of you i'm a good girl with a lot of talent. the last 3 days i have been feeling extremely down and feel like i am a sinner in church but let's face it...people make mistakes and you learn from them and i honestly didn't know that much about std's until a few days ago when i found out i might have them myself. one thing this has taught me is communication in a relationship and the importance of knowing the person before having sexual contact. Im 24 and have only had 2 boyfriends both for over a year. I can't imagine that either of them would have herpes but they are the only ones I've had sex or oral sex with...I haven't been with anyone in a year and a half and im just now getting my first breakout. Sex is not the only part of a relationship and i think that this is KEY to keep in mind. You want the love of your life to be your bestfriend, someone who won't judge you...no matter what, someone who wants to be with you through the good and the bad. Again this does complicate things but by getting to know someone before having sex is important to me and hopefully when that special someone comes along they will understand and take me for who I am.

Lifeis2good

Thanks everyone.. I see this as a blessing in a strange way.. It's like this.. I'm professional, healthy, fit, told I'm good looking, have a great heart and soul, and love to live life to it's fullest.. because of this, my attitude about relationships has completely changed. I can no longer take a casual approach, meaning, I have to be true and focused to the person I'm with. I've always wanted the person I have in my life to be my best friend and do everything I can to bring out the best in each other.. I no long have the luxury to think otherwise. If someone enters my life, and can overlook the fact I'm HSV positive, they will get an amazing man... I'm also looking stronger at my faith through all of this.. so.. another added bonus there. There are very few second chances in life, so I'm turning around everything I can to be more positive. Whoever goes through this challenge with me will surely gain from it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Godcanhealme
      @cas9 actually I think it’s you who doesn’t understand proof, proof by nature is subjective, so what is proof to me might not be proof to you... I have seen many cases where people have nothing to gain sharing their stories about herpes, and healing themselves, now if you continually search for this you’ll find it in comment threads or perhaps blogs.... perhaps they are lying? Well...Maybe some, but to think everyone who has claimed to heal themselves of herpes is a liar is simply a belief...  if you wanna believe that, go ahead, but after careful  analysis of many stories and researching the virus myself I am convinced the body can rid itself of herpes, what comes in, can come out, it just takes time and effort... But I like to keep it simple, God can heal anything so at this point you guys are just speaking nonsense  
    • Wanteducated
      So my 20 year old daughter and I just found out she has genital herpes.  She is away at college and dealing with it on her own.  I am trying to be as supportive as I can by reading everything I can find from reputable sites.  She is staying busy this week with as she is involved with her schools freshman orientation for the new class coming in.  She was told by an urgent care doctor that she had it Visually, they did a blood test and called her to confirm it is herpes.  I told her to ask what type and she was told they don’t really type anymore because there is to much gray area but that it is a new infection. From what I have read that seems odd and she should find out what type.  I told her to inform anyone she may have had sex with in the last 6 months, she said she told the guy and he was an ass about it which of course makes the emotional side worse.  She is emotionally a wreck about it and I am trying to help her understand it’s not the end of the world.  Of course being 20 she feels she will not have the chance to meet anyone who would want to date her now. Any advice would be great....she is still in the middle of her first outbreak but I think the antiviral has been helping since she went to the doc as soon as she thought something wasn’t right.  I just want to help her as best I can!
    • BuggedOut
      Sorry for the long post. Just giving some backstory..... Hello. I'm new to this site. I was told I had HSV2 about 5 years ago. I had no clue because I never had any symptoms. I was just getting some blood work done while pregnant after switching to a new ob/gyn and this was discovered. Pregnancy was ended for personal reasons. Still afterwards never had any outbreaks or symptoms or anything. Fast forward to June I started feeling irritated down there. I was dealing with a lot of stress at this time. I ended up taking a pic of what it looked like down there so I could see what was going on. I only saw 1 spot. In the pic you will see the spot on top. It always just looked like a crater or something. It never blistered up or popped or crusted up. I knew I had the virus so I started researching outbreaks and pics and things. I wasnt sure if this was an out break or not because most of what I was dealing with didnt match up. I never felt sick. It didn't hurt to sit or wear panties. I didnt have any tingling or itching or burning sensation. I just felt irritated. I know every case is different though. So then I researched some home remedies and I ended up buying lysine 1000 mg to take and also used tea tree oil and acv diluted w/ water. Once I started messing with it, it started burning when urine got on the spot. And I think I didn't dilute the acv enough. I took 2 lysine pills a day until I wasnt feeling anything down there. So after a few days this healed up and everything was fine again but the spot never really went away. Things have been settled down and no stress since then. All of a sudden yesterday morning I started feeling that same irritation again. This morning I felt around down there and felt nothing so I took a pic again and the thing on bottom is what I found. I put some acv and  tea tree oil on it again.  And same as last time...ever since I touched it, it's been hurting just a tad and it looks exactly the same. I'm not sure if this is a outbreak or not but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm just not experiencing most of the symptoms I read about. Can someone give me their opinion please? Thank you.
    • PeaceNeeded
      Hello I am very interested about your case because seems similar to my condition. https://honeycomb.click/topic/76355-are-these-my-secondary-outbreaks-or-what-pics Please let us know what doctors will tell.
    • Wanteducated
      So my 20 year old daughter and I just found out she has genital herpes.  She is away at college and dealing with it on her own.  I am trying to be as supportive as I can by reading everything I can find from reputable sites.  She is staying busy this week with as she is involved with her schools freshman orientation for the new class coming in.  She was told by an urgent care doctor that she had it Visually, they did a blood test and called her to confirm it is herpes.  I told her to ask what type and she was told they don’t really type anymore because there is to much gray area but that it is a new infection. From what I have read that seems odd and she should find out what type.  I told her to inform anyone she may have had sex with in the last 6 months, she said she told the guy and he was an ass about it which of course makes the emotional side worse.  She is emotionally a wreck about it and I am trying to help her understand it’s not the end of the world.  Of course being 20 she feels she will not have the chance to meet anyone who would want to date her now. Any advice would be great....she is still in the middle of her first outbreak but I think the antiviral has been helping since she went to the doc as soon as she thought something wasn’t right.  I just want to help her as best I can!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.