World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
down2earthdiva

IgG blood test negative 6 months post exposure

down2earthdiva

How is it possible that I had a HSV-1 and HSV-2 negative blood test when I'm having regular outbreaks? I want to believe the test because I don't have horrendous symptoms and never have but I can't ignore that something is different with my body. I'm so sick of my doctor telling me "that doesn't sound like herpes" and "that doesn't look like herpes." I was really hoping my blood test would prove him wrong but instead I could tell he was pleased that instead my results proved ME wrong.

Usually my outbreaks are barely noticeable by sight but I can FEEL them. I have monthly itching, burning, tingling, pin prick like sensations and sometimes I'll get a little bit of redness or small mosquito-bite like lesions. If I don't have sore-like symptoms to swab and I don't have the antibodies in my blood, how can I receive a definitive diagnosis? RealisticGal, what's your take on this? I NEED HELP.

OnTheRise

OMG. I can completely relate to you! I have the exact same issues with my doc. My blood test was HSV1+ and HSV 2- at 6 months but have frequent tingles and pin prick feeling and tiny red spots. No blisters. Also left leg buzzing, for lack of a better description. I can't get a doc to prescribe me meds to even see if they help.

OnTheRise

Also over the summer I was just completely exhausted. I had massive back pain and leg pain on and off for a month. My last exposure was in April. No sex since then. I had what I think were subtle symptoms shortly after then much worse starting in June. I read what others go through with initial outbreaks and I think nope maybe I don't but these symptoms can't be ignored. Do you get dry skin patches anywhere?

Number7

Have either of your doctors said it possibly could be celiac disease? I have my doubts about the igg blood tests also because of what happened to me but celiac disease also causes all kinds of weird symptoms.

OnTheRise

I never really considered it but I am so sure it's herpes. My butt tingles and i feel like I'm sitting on brillo pads but when I look there is nothing there. Occasionally I too get the small mosquito bite looking lesions with no head. I don't see any fluid in them but they are so small and there are usually only one or two. Last week I had a martini and broke out in hives on my abdomen. Everything is on my left side...always. I can't see HSV 1 being this active so I am sure it 2 but negative tests. Do I keep testing? What if there is never anything to swab? I am miserable!

Whip El Crack

I am in the same boat.. i am post negative after six months... after total 5 iggs.... my doctor doesn't think it is herpes nor does it look like hsv... the only difference i gotten the so call like pimples around groin and legs and armpits... My doctor is looking at diabetes... because i also have tingling in the feet and hands...

RealisticGal
How is it possible that I had a HSV-1 and HSV-2 negative blood test when I'm having regular outbreaks? I want to believe the test because I don't have horrendous symptoms and never have but I can't ignore that something is different with my body. I'm so sick of my doctor telling me "that doesn't sound like herpes" and "that doesn't look like herpes." I was really hoping my blood test would prove him wrong but instead I could tell he was pleased that instead my results proved ME wrong.

Usually my outbreaks are barely noticeable by sight but I can FEEL them. I have monthly itching, burning, tingling, pin prick like sensations and sometimes I'll get a little bit of redness or small mosquito-bite like lesions. If I don't have sore-like symptoms to swab and I don't have the antibodies in my blood, how can I receive a definitive diagnosis? RealisticGal, what's your take on this? I NEED HELP.

Hey, I just happened across this post...

The American Social Health Association recommends that areas of erythema (redness) should be swabbed, not just blister-like lesions. You can see their guidelines for providers here:

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_toolkit/recommendations.cfm

Maybe you could share that whole section of the web site with your docs, so they would do a swab/culture...

beautifulwomen

Have the same problem, but I am certain that I have HSV. I get the erythema but not the blister it is painful and I can self inoculate to another location

Whip El Crack

How many times have tu tested and how long after exposure?

RealisticGal
Have the same problem, but I am certain that I have HSV. I get the erythema but not the blister it is painful and I can self inoculate to another location

When you say you can "self inoculate to another location," what do you mean...precisely?

I ask because there is a great deal of confusion about this.

:wavey:

beautifulwomen

self inoculate, I mean I can move it to another location.I have had 3 blood serum test. Up to 1 year after initial exposure I am going again to get another one soon.

RealisticGal
self inoculate, I mean I can move it to another location.I have had 3 blood serum test. Up to 1 year after initial exposure I am going again to get another one soon.

I was asking you to explain exactly what you mean by "another location."

Self-inoculation can occur. It would mean spreading an infection in one location, such as a facial/oral location, to another location such as the genitals or the eyes.

But some folks get confused. They believe that if they see a sore in one place, then get another sore a few inches away, that self-inoculation has taken place. For example, if someone had a sore on their labia majora, then a new sore popped up on their buttocks, then perhaps another on their upper thigh, they think they have "spread" the virus. That is not the case.

beautifulwomen

I understanding what you are saying, there is spreading ( which I have experienced ) and inoculation in a new location ( which I have also experienced) I am trying to be very cautious but I must shed when I am not aware of pain since I have infected other locations.

RealisticGal
I understanding what you are saying, there is spreading ( which I have experienced ) and inoculation in a new location ( which I have also experienced) I am trying to be very cautious but I must shed when I am not aware of pain since I have infected other locations.

So (if you don't mind me asking), in which locations do you have HSV? How long have you been having symptoms? Do you know what type you have?

:wavey: