World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Emex

Severe Buttocks Pain

Emex

Hey Everyone,

So... I've been having this recurring and very painful pain in my left butt cheek.... followed by an outbreak maybe a week after I start to limp from the pain.

I was just curious how common this combination of pain/outbreak is with the general population on this forum?

Initially I just assumed that I am getting older and I am out of shape... but then I started to notice an outbreak occurs while I'm limping... and after googling "buttocks pain herpes" it gives plenty of other people who feels just like I do.

Doctors don't link the two events... but I wanted to get a general idea from the forum.

Thanks guys! :)

Misty67

Yes, I have had pain in my buttocks as well. This last OB my booty actually twiched which was very annoying.

Don't know if it's an age thing, I'm so spring chicken either! :)

Hope it gets better for you soon!

pinkdaisies

I've always had chronic back pain, and since HSV-2 I haven't had anything new. Although my BF who also has HSV-2 has complained of sciatica, it's hard to say if it's linked to HSV because it's unlike any of the symptoms listed here. There is no "electricity" or "shocks", and it doesn't cause numbness. He does complain that the symptoms are very painful, even sometimes too painful to stand up. But that is rare.

Pain is less severe these days, but now in both sides of his buttocks.

What are your symptoms? And are they chronic?

Emex

Thank you for replying. :) Yes my pain is too severe to stand up... I've been limping and hunched over, as if I'm 80yrs old, for about 4 weeks now. Pain killers, Muscle relaxers, and Neurotin are the medicine my doctor prescribed... and it only barely helps... For now it's only on my left side.. so left leg, thigh, calf, and buttocks. I am completely in agonizing pain MOST of the time... this whole thing began when my last OB happened. I documented it also during my previous OB before that... very uncomfortable and very convincing that my life sucks. :( Ouch.

Thank you for sharing your information though, I really appreciate hearing how HSV has affect YOU. :)

Have a wonderful day....

HT75

The pain you are experiencing is more related to you psychologicaly than physically.

Ok! We all have experienced the pain but it is not that bad or that overwhelming when you have accepted your status. I remember the first couple of years I felt the same.Over the years I just take the pain as period pain and beleive me the period pain or a frozen shoulder pain is worse:)

When you get an outbreak, just tell yourself, this is going to go away within a few days. Wear lose clothing, keep your self dry and clean, keep a positive mind, laugh a lot (that helps like magic and specialy if you have a partner who loves you or there for you to hold you ), eat plenty of green vegis, drink atleast 2ltr water, avoid the alchohol, and first few years cut the caffine intake ( more than 10 years on I am a caffinoholic and have no issues) and above everything DO NOT LET ANYONE STRESS YOU!

Love yourself......you will find the love who accepts you (there are pleany of women and men out there brave enough and has a loving heart).....and SMILE......pain will be gone at no time:)

jackhertz

IMO the pain in the buttocks/lower back is definitely related to an outbreak. it is like clockwork with my body. 2-3 days before an OB i will get the pain/numbness/sensitivity in either my left or right buttock (never both). whichever side the pain is on is where the OB will appear. along with the pain comes the feeling of a mild flu (slight cough, congestion, tiredness) as well as stomach pains/gas.

actually 80% of the time I will get the symptoms listed above without an OB. so not too sure about that

Hottfoxxy

I too would get the excruiting pain in my rare end hurts line hell very uncomfortable but I found as soon as I got on daily suppressants the pain went away thank GOD!!! I HATE HERPIES it's the devil I swear

Vidhya
The pain you are experiencing is more related to you psychologicaly than physically.

Ok! We all have experienced the pain but it is not that bad or that overwhelming when you have accepted your status. I remember the first couple of years I felt the same.Over the years I just take the pain as period pain and beleive me the period pain or a frozen shoulder pain is worse:)

When you get an outbreak, just tell yourself, this is going to go away within a few days. Wear lose clothing, keep your self dry and clean, keep a positive mind, laugh a lot (that helps like magic and specialy if you have a partner who loves you or there for you to hold you ), eat plenty of green vegis, drink atleast 2ltr water, avoid the alchohol, and first few years cut the caffine intake ( more than 10 years on I am a caffinoholic and have no issues) and above everything DO NOT LET ANYONE STRESS YOU!

Love yourself......you will find the love who accepts you (there are pleany of women and men out there brave enough and has a loving heart).....and SMILE......pain will be gone at no time:)

I like this message :)

Adamindful

Thank you Jackherts

I read this and had one of those moments. The only difference with me is the pain also goes into the thigh on the outside of the leg only. About 60% of the time no OB. Thank you its more info than my MD gave me.

Emex

I'm glad to see the community here... the thoughts and feelings are wonderful.. thank you for sharing your feedback... I do find myself thinking about small things entirely too much... and sometimes that's dangerous... leads to assumptions and false beliefs and stuff... but on my journey of OB and symptoms I'm just trying to connect the dots with a blindfold on it feels like... Anywho!!! Thank you all so much for participation on my discussions.