World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Richard Pryor

Does Richard Pryor have herpes?

Richard Pryor

As you all know, I've been sleeping with this chick that has herpes. Total of 4 times over a 2 week span.

I've had some cold symptoms for the past few days... no fever, just a sore throat. But I get this once a year. Same symptoms.

Nevertheless, I got what looks like zits on my pubic hair area. My penis is clean, so are my balls and my ass. Only 3 zits in my pubic hair area. Doesn't itch or anything. No trouble peeing.

What do you guys think? Herpes?

I know, go get tested. But in the meantime...

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

ApplestoOranges

Judging by the trimmed appearance of the surrounding area, I say it just looks like a few clogged pores. OB's can be different for everyone, but I learned from my doc that an infection on top of dry skin has a very specific appearance-they look like blisters, which are filled with clear fluid that later break open and scab over. Without the presence of any other symptoms, it seems unlikely that you picked it up.

That said, you can never know for certain without a culture. But I would wait and see what happens with the bumps first.

5 Element

I would have to agree with Apples. The fluid in Herp outbreak is clear (at least in my experience), the fluid in these looks like the typical milky puss from a zit due to a clogged pore/follicle. Also Herp OB's are pretty inflamed and painful (especially the first OB). These don't look too inflamed, and if they aren't very painful then that's another sign that these are just your average zit. If you are doing some "manscaping" clogged hair follicles that turn into zits is pretty common. Even though the name sounds girly a product called "Bikini Zone" can help prevent clogged follicle's due to shaving and trimming the "hedge". I use it and it does work pretty well.

RealisticGal

The two previous replies posted here are reinforcing some misconceptions about HSV.

The "classic" HSV lesion is a blister with clear fluid that crusts over. But oftentimes HSV does not follow the "classic" path.

The problem with HSV is that it is a sneaky little bastard of a virus that did not read the "rule book" about how it is "supposed" to behave and how it is "supposed" to look. It can mimic many other conditions (and vice versa). Some of the typical things it has been mistaken for include: yeast infection, ingrown hair, paper cut, shaving rash, pimples, bug bites, poison ivy/oak reaction, jock itch, genital warts, even just a red irritated area due to tight undies.

The lesions are "expected" to be excruciatingly painful, itchy, irritating...but some folks do not experience any of those things.

The only way to know, as mentioned before, is getting the symptoms tested while they are still fresh. The best chance of getting an accurate result on a swab/culture test is if it is performed within the first 2 to 3 days of the appearance of symptoms.

"Wait and see what happens with the bumps" is not good advice.

Some folks only get one outbreak, ever. This might be yours. If it is, you won't have another chance to get a definitive (swab/culture) test.

My suggestion is to run quick like a bunny, right now, to a provider who has a clue. Get in now so you can get a sample taken right away.

Kitty123

RG is right.

Herpes has different forms of presenting itself. Not just a 'blister' or a 'lesion'.

My initial OB I had what looked like a 'zit' in my pubic area. It was Herpes. I have NEVER ever had another 'visible' or 'clinical' sign of an outbreak, but I KNOW I've had outbreaks. Just not with sores. Or at least not with sores I can see.

I didn't have the classic horrific 'inital outbreak' that many others here have suffered. I was able to pee, I wasn't in agony, quite frankly, my only problem was that my legs felt really wobbly and my leg muscles ached, and I suffered a yeast infection and a UTI. But I only had 1 small 'pimple'. That's it. Nothing else.

Richard Pryor

Well, it's gotten worse IMO

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

No itching, no trouble peeing, my genitals are intact, I'm working out as usual, no pain in my muscles.

But I've never had something that looks like this in that area, so I'm concerned.

I called the lab today and they quoted me $450 for some blood tests and culture tests. Bull shit if you ask me.

Should I just do a culture swab, which was like $150? I've had these 'zits' since Monday.

RealisticGal

The culture is what you need at this point. Get the blood tests too if you want your baseline status, but what you really need to do immediately (it's already getting late, since you have had the bumps since Monday) is have the sample swabbed and cultured.

As far as the pricing, welcome to the world of medical markups. It probably costs about 5000 bucks just to walk through the doors of an ER. Bandages? Uff-da! They're like gold. Medications tend to be marked up at least 700% of actual cost.

luckyCat

It looks like wtvr blisters you may have had before have broken open? You already said youre in the black financially so why mess around? Just go get both tests run so you can be clear about whats going on with your body...you only get one.

Richard Pryor

Went to an Urologist today, and he said it wasn't herpes. He said it was some insect from my dog... some type of lice.

He said no need to do blood tests nor a swab. He did tell me to stop sleeping with this chick, cause chances of getting it are high. He also said aclovir (or however it's called) will help if she takes it. He also recommended condoms.

RealisticGal

Glad to hear you went to the doc, but I'm surprised by his assessment. My understanding has always been that canine lice are not zoonotic to humans. The CDC agrees:

"Lice are parasitic insects that can be found on people's heads, and bodies, including the pubic area. Human lice survive by feeding on human blood. Lice found on each area of the body are different from each other. The three types of lice that live on humans are:

• Pediculus humanus capitis (head louse),
  • Pediculus humanus corporis (body louse, clothes louse), and
  • Pthirus pubis ("crab" louse, pubic louse).

Only the body louse is known to spread disease.

Lice infestations (pediculosis and pthiriasis) are spread most commonly by close person-to-person contact. Dogs, cats, and other pets do not play a role in the transmission of human lice. Lice move by crawling; they cannot hop or fly. Both over-the-counter and prescription medications are available for treatment of lice infestations."

Head Lice

head_louse_home.gif Adult head lice are 2.1-3.3 mm in length. Head lice infest the head and neck and attach their eggs to the base of the hair shaft. Lice move by crawling; they cannot hop or fly.

More

Body Lice

body_louse_home.gif Adult body lice are 2.3-3.6 mm in length. Body lice live and lay eggs on clothing and only move to the skin to feed.

More

Pubic "Crab" Lice

pubic_louse_home.gif Adult pubic lice are 1.1-1.8 mm in length. Pubic lice typically are found attached to hair in the pubic area but sometimes are found on coarse hair elsewhere on the body (for example, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard, mustache, chest, armpits, etc.).