World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
all around good guy

first ob

all around good guy

so i just contrated GH about 2 weeks ago, found out from the person that gave it to me that she was infected a week ago, and went to the doctor on friday the 29th which was within 24 hours of my outbreak. had many small blisters on the top side on the shaft of my penis. doctor saw it and said without a doubt, classic case, did a swab and started me on some meds. i dont remember what they are right off the top of my head cuz they are at home and im not, but i have to take 2 400mg pills 5 times daily for 10 days. still waiting for the tests to come back to make it official.

anyways, so far, for the most part, i have little to no pain, discomfort, or itching like most people say they have. granted i started the pills immediately, and after i got back from the doctor, i used a washcloth and soap and hot water and popped all the blisters. that wasnt even all that painful. but i popped them and then poured alcohol on the soars. its been a few days since then, and they have scabbed over and are not irriating or anything currently. but the spot is still there along with the scabs. and i popped them and did the alcohol because i found something on the net saying thats a good way to take care of it and checked with my doctor and he said its an approved way to do it.

so am i having little to no discomfort because im taking pills and popped the blisters and used alcohol? or am i just lucky as hell? cuz everyone, including the woman that gave it to me, say that its excrutiating pain and burning and i havent experienced it yet. secretly im hoping that the test comes back negative and that it turns out to be strep or staff or something. but i dont really have my hopes up, hence me joining this site.

trust issues

Hey, sorry you had to join the club. I would say your very lucky! A lot of members on here have terrible symptoms. You seem pretty calm with regards to all this, keep it that way.

all around good guy

id like to say im actually relaxed about it, but im just really good at hidding my emotions... im still kinda freaked out about it. im really scared about what is going to happen in future relationships. i already had a hard enough time getting dates and girlfriends and this IS NOT GOING TO HELP at all. but there is nothing i can do but learn more and more about the disease and try and accept it and be possitive. the good thing is that i am one that likes to do research so im reading everything i can find about H. im getting a much better feeling about it reading about the disease and reading stories on this forum. it helps me alot. it IS just a skin virus, not life threatening, and many many people have it already. its very common. nothing to let ruin your life at all. im just trying to accept it now.

trust issues

Take it one day at a time, as far as relationships go... you dont have to tell anyone anything until you plan on being intimate. I hope you accept it and move on, we only live once. Try and keep your mind busy on other things, im into music and cars (by the way is that your wagon?) oh and exercise helps, try looking into diet changes as well.

all around good guy

Yeah, I'm into cars and music also. More specifically, I'm into old cars and metal music. Problem is I don't have a shop to work on my cars. I have a big of a collection of projects going already. Just need to work on them. First on line is gunna be my 1973 Cadillac ambulance. My pic here is not of my ambulance, but mine is similar. I love it. I also want s hearse. Call me crazy, but I love those cars. So my collection so far is, from oldest to newest, a 1925 ford model T truck cab (which will be put on a flipped 30 model A frame with a caddy 472 and made into a rat rod, called project T&A, ya get it? Lol) then I have a 1931 ford model A todor sedan, a 1946 ford super deluxe Tudor sedan with the flathead still in it, a 1973 ambulance afore mentioned, a 1974 ford f100, a few not so big deal vehicles for derby and tough truck competition, and then my daily driver is a 2002 ford f150. I want to finish my collection by having something decent from each decade. All those are projects so far except the f150. And as far as music, I'm into a lot of music, but mostly metal. And I'm a drummer and singer/screamer and am looking for a band to play with. Plus I have many other hobbies but those are the main ones. So I have plenty of hobbies to keep me busy. It will just take time.

And far as diet and exercise, I was on a diet earlier this year, lost 40 pounds, and then my break up happened and I kinda stopped. Been meaning to get back on it, now I need to get back on it and change it a bit for the H. And then start working out. Get the rockin body I deserve. Lol.

But thank you for your advice. Just gunna take time to get back to semi normal.