World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
toot

Thank You!

toot

My girlfriend of 5 months recently had an vaginal infection that had her doctor predicting HSV-2 90% for sure. The test are still in process. I have never had any symptoms for cold sores or genital. Her infection is really painful and slow to heal. We are both educated middle age people. The wait is on - up to 2 weeks.

Anyway, I am thankful I found this site. The moderators are very concise explaining that this is a skin virus like chicken pox and others that we have all had. The apparent social sigma and future relationships and fear of outbreaks are the hard part right now.

Because it's not clear where this came from, I will probably have to go back to 3 former partners to declare this, if it's positive. God, that will suck...

I really love this woman and pray, regardless of the results, that we have a strong enough bond to get past this.

It's helpful to read and share. Hang in everyone.

JBnATL

Don't assume that if she has it you have it too. It really isn't that easy to spread especially from a girl to a guy. Here is a link to a great article on transmission rates. As you can see it isn't easy to spread:

www.hsvblog.org/herpes-simplex-virus-hsv-101

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB