World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Happyhopeful

Westover Heights Test method?

Happyhopeful

Hi. Has anyone done the westover heights home swabbing? I've contacted them but Im curious about which testing method they use. Is it PCR?....or the other basic viral culture that has the hight false negative rate.

Sharp

Westover Heights At Home Testing

Hello,

I too am interested in doing the Westover Heights at home swabbing. Did you end up doing it? I'm really curious to know how it worked out for you. How much did it cost? Was it easy to do?

Thanks!

Happyhopeful

hey there yes i contacted them. it was last year sometime though so i can't remember all the pricing. They won't mail you anything until you schedule a phone appt with one of their nurses ..terry warren or the other nurse there in the clinic. That phone appointment is charged by the minute. But She was very real in terms of answering my questions. They charge per week for the swabs. The confusing part for me at first was that...it is PER VIAL not per swab. A vial holds about 7 swabs..so a weeks worth basically. (which have to be overnighted back to the clinic once completed)Therefore...it won't tell you which DAY you had a positive sample...only that at the end of that WEEK of swabs...you had a positive detection. I wanted to try it to just get an estimate on if/when/how much undetectable shedding was occurring. However it was advised that it is much more valuable to use this info to see if your regimen/meds/treatment is working in terms of reducing shedding. hope that helps some.

Sharp

This is amazing info, thanks for giving it to me. I have had no sores genitally, just intermittent itching and dull pain, and no doctor I have been to has been wiling to do the swabs with me. I need to know for peace of mind and so I can inform future partners. I've already scheduled an appointment with one of the nurses there (Terri Warren is out of town unfortunately) but I'm excited to speak with her about this and have a bit of knowledge ahead of time.

You don't know how much it means to me that you replied to this thread. You replied so quickly even though the last post was 7 months ago! It often feels like I am searching endlessly with no answers, and this has helped me out greatly. I think you make an excellent point in using this information in the future. Depending on the results of a few weeks, I plan to start treatment to diminish the shedding and this would be extremely helpful to see if it's actually working.

I'm really excited that this opportunity is out there!

Happyhopeful

Hey there sure. glad I could give the info. I think my first phone appt ended up being like $150. and I THINK the swabs were like $150 but don't quote me on that. Yes once she explained to me that that was the best reason to use it ..it made sense. I am very hopeful to try that if ANY of the actual planned vaccines come to market because in my case it would be difficult to tell if something is working any other way. Good luck.

Sharp

Did the tests actually work? Did some come back positive for you?