World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Dazzlingeyes

Trying to make sense

Dazzlingeyes

I found out about a month ago that I have herpes. Devastation isn't nearly enough to describe the state I've been in. I've been crying every single day. I went to the doc for a regular annual and got a horrifying phone call a week later. They say stress can bring about outbreaks and I guess that's true because I never felt any affects of being infected until now..probably because of how crazy I've been over it. Lately I've been playing the blame game. First it was blaming the person who gave it to me and then finally blaming my situation on myself for being careless enough to let this happen. So right now I want to make sense of everything. I love my friends and family to death but I don't feel like I can't talk to them about this. And honestly, I'm too ashamed to. It feels soooo much better just being able to write this out and let it out.

WarriorKing

Herpes has been hosting on humans for thousands of years. You didn't do anything wrong. No blame required.

CourageousInDarkness

Dry those dazzling eyes, your gonna be ok :) Your still the person your friends and family love. It's alot to take in, but reading around this site will help you become more informed. The more informed you are, the more power you have over the situation :) The suns still gonna shine, people will still love you, and life will continue. Just keep your head up and remember all the positive things, no matter how small they may seem.

devastated31

I know exactly how you feel!! But keep your head up :)