World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Bang theory

need practical advise please

Bang theory

I have known a guy for a while and I am falling for him. He is absolutely one of the greatest men I have ever met. He confided in me he has HSV2. We are not intimate yet and truthfully I was taken back first but right away realized this did not change his personality or character. We are both falling for each other. I am considering of getting involved. But before I let him know my decision I need to know few things from the general public.

When one has breakouts - can they still make out and touch every where except the genitals. (he has break out twice a year)

If there is absolutely no breakouts and no shedding, then does the sperm contain any of the viruses?

Did anyone ever get pregnant while dating a man with HSV? without getting infected as well?

In practical sense how much time after the breakouts does one usually have sex?

Do you really have to use condom for the rest of your life or you learn the cycle and find the months or days when you can get away without condoms?

why is it easy for men to pass to women and not the other way around? I read this somewhere and it did not make sense to me (same reason I asked about the sperm)

If I give a hand job to a shedding genitals, then do I catch the virus in my hands? assuming I did not know.

When shedding, is it more contagious to genital to genital or to any skin like even my leg touching it by mistake? assuming we sleep together naked.

I really appreciate your feedback and it will give me practical sense of what this entails. I love him and never met anyone like him but I need some answers to these questions in order to move forward and also I can ask him more intimate questions. He is feeling very sensitive right now because he has been hiding for a long time.

Thank you

BT:D

WarriorKing

Be sure to private message this user: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/member.php?21976-RealisticGal , she is also H negative.

During breakouts it is best to avoid sex, even for just general hygiene reasons, cuddling and hugs are great. Now he could use manual manipulation or oral for you if he washes hands first, and he doesn't have HSV1 oral.

No virus is in sperm.

I waited until the skin was completely healed back to normal before sex.

You don't have to use condoms. In fact you can still get it with condom use because other touching tissue. He can be on anti virals and lysine to lower the risk to you, but you still have to accept that you could get it, nothing is 100%

Women have more exposed soft tissue, like herpes likes.

If you have no scrapes or cuts, then getting it on hands is low risk, especially with lube. But of course don't do it during outbreaks.

The genitals are the most likely to have the transfer of the virus because of the type of skin.