World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Newtothis42

Confused...symptoms strange...

Newtothis42

Hello, I am farily new to this. I may have had herpes for a long time and not even know it. I started dating someone after my divorce and before we became sexually active we agreed that blood tests were important. He had genital herpes without breakouts in years. Turns out I was positive too. The blood test confirmed it was not a new infection 2 years ago. I think the symptoms for me must have been close to nothing inthe past. However today I have all kinds of symptoms and feel horrible.. Not sure what to do. Can't believe I am writng this. Feel like I just want to stay in bed until this all goes away... sad and feeling sorry for myself. I'm sure all will be better soon. ....

OnTheRise

Hi New and welcome. I'm sorry you are going through this. When you tested were you positive to both type 1 and type 2? How about your partner?

Newtothis42

Hi thank you for the welcome. Still not sure how these threads work so ... I was diagnotsed with genital herpes (not sure if that's 1 or 2) and completely surprised. I'm sure my symtoms are not bad compared to others. And I reallyl shouldn't complain. it's no worse than a bad flu plus alittle extra kick! I think it's just the mental part that stinks... My boyfriend told me right away when we met and I was fine with it. Sounds strange that I'm not fine with my own herpes.. I don't even want to call my doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything to assist the symptoms... uhhhh. Guess I really need to though.

Well, it was nice of you to welcome me. Have a Happy Day tomorrow!

OnTheRise

I'm glad your symptoms aren't horrible. I think it would be a good idea to know your status and his as far as type and location. So many possibilities here. RealisticGal is a wonderful contact and can give you some good advice. I would message her and get some clear information on where to go from here. I think it would be wise to be evaluated by your provider asasp for a swab and culture to see what you have going on. I know it's frustrating but you seen like a strong, logical gal. Keep asking questions. Folks on here have a wealth of experience and good advice. You are not alone! Hugs to you!

Newtothis42

Thanks for the kind remarks. I will look for RealisticGal also. Trying to get squezed into the dr today. Meanwhile, he is the one that didn't even diagnose me correctly after I complained of symtoms for weeks strait in the past. Now I know what it was. Hoping this feeling of soreness all over goes away soon. Not motivated to even work today and that is not like me! Hope all is well on your end. Back at ya with the hugs! It's nice to know I am not alone even though it feels that way sometimes with this. Have a Great Day!