World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
whodat

Condoms and antivirals

whodat

Alright guys, have any females out there passed this along to a male while using condoms and antivirals? I know the risk is 1%. I feel like it must have happened at some point for there to be a risk at all.

blueaquarius

At this stage (only early 3 months since diagnosis) , I take anti virals and ensure condom use, and have not yet passed it on. but again i'm only 3 months into this :s

all around good guy

From my understanding from what I've read is that that little tiny 1% is based on a 365 day year which means, if you obstain from sex during prodrome and during the actual outbreak, and make sure you wait till 3 or so days after you OB to make sure it's fully healed. If you do this, you can have sex every remaining day of the year with condoms and antivirals and it's only a 1% chance. That's sex every day, who actually has sex EVERY SINGLE DAY. Granted, I would love to, but it just doesn't happen. Lol. So that one percent is even less because most people only have sex 2-4 times a week when in a relationship. So the chances are extremely low. Go get some. Lol.