World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
TheBestMe

Diagnosed October 14th

TheBestMe

Where do I begin?? I went into the doctors because I wanted to be sure of my Status. I have been involved with someone for about six months now, and I felt that things were getting serious. I know it was kind of late to decide to get checked out, but I did so anyways. Thinking that everything would come back negative, I was very confident until I received the phone call that I was HSV2 positive. I had initial feelings of hatred...anger...pain...and above all i just felt dirty. I cried and cried and cried. After I gained the stregnth to tell him, he decided that he was going to go get tested. He was very uplifting and supportive...until he found out that he was negative. At first, he was still loving and all of that...but now he treats me like I do not exist. He ignores my phone calls and text messages and just treats me like I am nothing. I am learning to cope more with my situation. I have read everything in the world about herpes, and although I feel like it is not all that bad physically..emotionally I am a wreck. One minute, I am as confident as ever...and the next, I am crying my eye out. He was the only person I could talk to and now I just feel alone. I guess that is why I am reaching out to others that are experiencing, or have experienced what I am going through....I know this is alot...but I guess this is just my cry for help...so please...HELP!!!

all around good guy

I'm sorry to say this, bit he should feel thankful that he doesn't have it. I think he needs to get more educated about it and learn that you are most likely asymptomatic and good chance you caught it from someone who also was asymptomatic. Not everyone has out breaks so it's hard to really know who has it and who doesn't. That's why it spreads so easily. Most people dot know they have it. Him acting like this and being mad at you, he's basically saying he's mad at you for you not being a virgin. That's what it really boils down to. Because you were just unlucky to be with someone that didn't know they had it, and you didn't know you had it. If his feelings twards you were true, and he was educated about the virus, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. All it is is a skin virus that causes a sore from time to time. No health problems aside from the occasional outbreak and some discomfort. If he cares about you, or at least did care for you, he should really get educated about it and he will realize, it's not worth throwing away a relationship for. There's a decent chance he will contract it in the future.

molly78

You've come to the right place.

Where do I begin?? I went into the doctors because I wanted to be sure of my Status. I have been involved with someone for about six months now, and I felt that things were getting serious. I know it was kind of late to decide to get checked out, but I did so anyways. Thinking that everything would come back negative, I was very confident until I received the phone call that I was HSV2 positive. I had initial feelings of hatred...anger...pain...and above all i just felt dirty. I cried and cried and cried. After I gained the stregnth to tell him, he decided that he was going to go get tested. He was very uplifting and supportive...until he found out that he was negative. At first, he was still loving and all of that...but now he treats me like I do not exist. He ignores my phone calls and text messages and just treats me like I am nothing. I am learning to cope more with my situation. I have read everything in the world about herpes, and although I feel like it is not all that bad physically..emotionally I am a wreck. One minute, I am as confident as ever...and the next, I am crying my eye out. He was the only person I could talk to and now I just feel alone. I guess that is why I am reaching out to others that are experiencing, or have experienced what I am going through....I know this is alot...but I guess this is just my cry for help...so please...HELP!!!

You've come to the right place. Poke around here and read what others say about the 'gift'. No doubt, you are in shock like we all were (are)! But, the fact remains is that it is a common disease with 1 in 5 women and 1 in 8 men. You have just joined the club that nobody claims to be a member of but in fact many. many people have h.

Be glad that you found out your friend is fair weathered. Now is the time to focus on you, your health and how to move forward in a more healthy way. You don't need to tell your parents, your friends or anybody in your circle, duh...

Come here, meet people who know what you are going through and that support will get you through your rough patches. People who do not have this, do not understand how common it is and they will draw the wrong conclusions.

Here you will find advise on how to have "the talk" when you become serious with someone down the road.

Don't beat yourself up about it. What's done is done. Just begin making the best decisions about your body and your life from this point forward.

TheBestMe

i feel better already

Thanks for the inspiration. I think that my feelings are moreso hurt from the way this guy is acting towards me. It's not that he is mad at me. He just treats me like I am worthless and dirty. Like he can talk to me when he wants and ignore me when he wants. But like you all have said I am learning to just take this time to love me for me. And like I keep telling myself. it could be a lot worse. I'm pretty sure that this all came about from my ex. We were together for about three years and I found out he cheated on me countless times. I went and got tested before but now that I'm doing research. I see Tht the hsv test is commonly not included in the package. Anywho I am so happy I found this place. Thanks for your feedback. :p

s7evans

Hi... I was diagnosed on Oct 13 and had the exact same situation. The guy I was seeing was supportive and talkative until he found out he doesn't have it... now nothing! He talks to me but not like he used to. Funny thing is I knew he wasn't the one for me i was just dating him and having fun. He just proved to me he's not a great guy. Doesn't take away the fact that it still hurts to be rejected. I'm still trying to work past that. Its' nice to know there is someone else in my same situation. Good luck on your journey!

mochajezebel

I'm sorry your feeling this way and just to let you know I'm feeling the exact same way right now. I'm waiting on my partners results as of right now and I have that fear deep down that he will leave if his test is neg. I have not been the World Greatest Partner hint my username but he cares for me I at least feel those feelings from him through his actions.

I'm at a lost for words to say to him right now because honestly before finding out about my HSV-2 I was determined to make the lifestyle changes needed to preserve my life (and actually do it without deceiving this time) but I feel as though I'm too late and this is the final straw in our relationship. I hope that your situation comes out for the best and I would like to keep in contact with you.