World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Kitty3443

Diagnosed Halloween 2011

Kitty3443

Before being diagnosed, the main concern was this whole "who's to blame" thing. It was this whole drama of sleeping with my ex and him not telling me that he had slept with someone else (who is now his new gf) since we broke up (we had been sleeping together a bit since that time). And so she's blaming me, but I think it's her and yada-yada-blah! It was a horrible emotional time.

And when I found out I really have it, things sunk in and I felt abandoned and alone, like I'll never be able to love again. I hope to encourage others and be encouraged through this site.

Sirenn

I found out on Valentine's Day 2011. No clue whom I got it from and I felt like absolute crap. Alone, depressed and diagnosed with herpes.

blue98

I feel the same like no one is ever going to love me again!! Wow I always wanted to get married and have a prince charming....but now its like I'm the evil witch.

Movingslowly

Im blessed to say I was diagnosed a yr after I was engaged. My partner tells me we'll b fine and its too late to worry about who gave it to who. It still has ruined me. I feel like a walking contagious, dirty person. Any1 can become infected. Most ppl never know they have it. I wish I was asymptomatic, but then Im thankful to know I have so I can prevent from spreading it. I was never the type of person to sleep around and used protection with my few partners besides the ones that became serious relationships. We are not alone. There are millions infected and the statistics say its only on the rise.

Kitty3443

Come on now guys! Don't let life get you down! It's not so bad. Life goes on as usual. We still deserve to be loved and will be loved by that special someone someday.

query

Hello,

I was visually diagnosed the friday before Halloween but got the call Halloween afternoon that I have GH2. Well, how did I get it, was it the guy I was dating for six months April 2011-Aug 2011 or the new BF that we have used protection everytime. I called the ex just to let him know, and he wa pretty okay or so I thougth, thanked me for the aler and said he would go get checked. Well, the next day he texts me to say "how do I know it was him", well I wasn't accusing him, I was giving him a chance to get checked and be proactive. Do I think is was, well yes, bc the one time we didn't use protection I got what I thought was a yeat infection that was on and off from end July to sept, then it went away or so I thought. Met the new guy in Sept, and we had intercourse the week before I found out and within two days I could hardly walk I was in such pain, went to dr and was told it looked like herpes was given meds swabbed and the results came back Halloween. My apologies this is so long, because yes I felt dirty and that no one would want to be with me, well then I found this site and it has been such a help. Please get into the chat room, everyone there is understanding and knowledgable and have felt just like us. It will get better, I know and we will all be better in the long run.