World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
DGal73

Something I wrote today...Non H related...

DGal73

Why being in a relationship is like the Wizard of Oz.

You will often get caught in an (emotional) tornado, like Dorothy's House.

Things will often (seemingly) fall out of the sky on you, like the house on the Witch of the East.

You will find yourself on a golden path for a while, like the Yellow Brick Road, where everything seems bright and shiny.

There will be people telling you what what path they think you need to follow, like the Munchkins, or Glinda,with your best interests at heart.

You will find unexpected treasures like the ruby slippers.

There will occasionally be people who try to take those treasures away from you, Like the Wicked Witch of the West.

There will be obstacles in your path, like the flying monkeys.

Sometimes you will just want to lie down and not think, like in the poppy fields.

Life will throw things at you, like the apple trees.

There will be times when you need friends to support you like Dorothy has Toto and her entourage.

Sometimes you'll need your family, like Dorothy.

Sometimes things will be not what they seem, like the Wizard.

And most important:

You have to be adventurous, like Dorothy.

You need to have brains, like the Scarecrow.

You need to have heart, like the Tin Man.

You need to have courage, like the Cowardly Lion.

You will discover that some of what you thought you were looking for or needed you had all the time, if you look within, like the companions do with the Wizard.

DGal73

Well thanks! I wanted to make it a little cynical too, but had my reasons not to...Thanks, I haven't gotten flowers in AGES!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • North Saranac
      I have not had sexual contact for at least half a year with a partner of more than four years monogamous, one non-protected encounter four years ago different women and then a few more non-protected over ten years ago.   One morning, I woke up after a having bad night time sweats (common) with a bad itch in my pubic region hair on right side about halfway between my penis and belly button. I did not look closely to later that night and noticed a large red rash, but don't believe I looked that closely. At some point I noticed a blister or something and tried to pop it and then walked away, I think being in denial I didn't want to look that closely, so I cant describe symptoms. This was on a Saturday or Sunday. The following Monday I went to work, where I do a physical demanding job al week, I noticed the area that had the rash showed about four areas that were infected (either cut or blistered) and would burn at night time during the week, They were located on my right side, directly where my belt buckle rubs. During the days that work week, my belt buckle would drive and rub in the area ( my buckle is metal square with pointy but not sharpe edges), I tried to pull my pants up and get the belt off the area but that was not always possible. After work that week, I took the weekend and then next two days off of work, the shooting pain evidently stopped and the area after a another week or two looked to be healing.  Week before symptoms: I have been under stress at work and the previous two days before the rash / OB I was working on a boat with another person, we were sharing work equipment and peeing with out washing hands (could he have had it and spread it to me through sharing of phones, equipment if he peed and then touch my phone, then I peed (sorry if stupid question)? My belt could have also been digging into me also, I have been wearing this belt for over a year and never had a problem. Currently, I took a Herpes 1 and 2 test from stdcheck using quest and it came back negative. Symptoms Dec 2/3 test Jan 21, negative results Jan 23. The area in pubic region is still red and appears to be scared but no open sores.   I know it is crazy but with the those symptoms I am still worried. Was that too soon to get a test? Is there any chance of getting if from a co-worker if they have it and touched the same things you did? Would you recommend getting another blood test in 3 months? Thank you for your input.
    • T9000
      Doctors will tell you this, but it's incredibly irresponsible of them, and it's advice that needs to be ignored. You always need to disclose your status before having sex with someone.
    • T9000
      The general public is just really poorly educated when it comes to virology in my opinion. Part of it though is just the fact that there's only so much information a person can remember and care about at one time. However I've always felt like HPV is way more openly discussed than HSV, at least in women's spaces.
    • Forest
      Here is the full science and documentation behind the herpes patent . RNA GUIDED ERADICATION OF HERPES SIMPLEX TYPE I AND OTHER RELATED HERPESVIRUSES   https://patents.justia.com/patent/20180000970   I hope this will help answer your questions.
    • T9000
      The fact that there are so many people contracting hsv-1 genitally from as little as one sexual encounter leads me to believe that it likely more 'tuned' to the genital region than medicine realizes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.