World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
peacelover

Question about Outbreaks

peacelover

Hi everyone,

Not sure exactly where to post this, but I have a question. I can tell you the exact day that I was exposed, and this was nearly four months ago. I did not have any visible symptoms of herpes but was paranoid and got tested for everything about a month later-- found out through blood antibody test that I have herpes 1 and 2, unfortunately. I remain to have no visible symptoms, since, which I know is something to be grateful for, but I have had a lot of general pain physically (and definitely emotionally!) which I know contribute to both unhealthiness and possible outbreaks. For some reason, I am choosing to believe that I was probably exposed to herpes 1 as a kid and will not suffer an outbreak from that. Wishful thinking, but hopefully that is the case.

As far as genital symptoms, I had itching but chalked it up to a yeast infection I was later treated for. I know its possible to have mild outbreaks and not know it, but I definitely have had no external outbreaks of cold sores. I am female, and was just treated for another yeast infection (had been on a long course of antibiotics) but it has not gotten rid of this burning I feel internally. I can feel a burning/pain which feels like it is my cervix, it is not excruitiating but definitely noticeable and worrisome not to mention annoying. My question for anyone who might be able to help: could this be an internal outbreak even though it is not a constant pain and gets worse at some times more than others? More of an off-and-on for about a week or so but getting more noticeable? It does not itch, either. I know everyone is different but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. If not related to herpes, what else could it be? Should I be worried? As someone who has been constantly worrying for four whole months, I'm ready for an answer, but with no visible outbreaks, I am just confused.

JBnATL

Well unfortunately only your doctor can really answer your questions.

Fortunately for you, you will not suffer much from this. Some women are in so much pain they have to go to the ER.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

in2theblue

So if I have GHSV1... Is it possible that it could randomly OB on my lips like regular Hsv1 because it "prefers to be there" or will it stay GH unless I spread it to myself (via no hand washing or getting hsv1 orally from another person with the virus?)