World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
CuriousMunkee

Hello All

CuriousMunkee

I am new to the forum and I got on here as someone who is dating and in love with a guy who has HSV1 orally... I don't know if I have it or the antibodies. So many people in my life have it and I share drinks and utensils and makeup and whatnot freely with many of them so I am almost positive I at least have the antibodies which I guess means I have HSV1 too?

Ahhh so confused as this is all so new to me. I just went to my doctor on Wednesday and explained the situation to him and that I wanted blood work to see if I have it. So I am awaiting the results.

Well thats me. I am on here to learn :) I look forward to meeting many of you!

JBnATL

80% of adults have it, so more than likely you do. However you did NOT get it from sharing utenils, drinks or make up. The ONLY way to spread it is from skin to skin contact. You probably got it as a child from a kiss from a relative.

Good luck!

JB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Mike2026
      Ok well the red spots have gone away, do you still have any external symtpoms?
    • blurneworder
      Looks a bit similar to what I have. People will tell you it’s not herpes because it’s spred out or does not look like herpes, but my doctors are running out of answers/prescriptions to give me. ive had a host of other symptoms never before felt in my body. my tests are negative for now. I had a swab yesterday, but I’m not sure if it was an area that will yield anything. It was more a plea of something hurts, please swab this. its taken me months to get someone to swab me. I recently found out a hospital did not test my blood for HSV even after I requested it. Messed up, huh?
    • Mike2026
      @WilsonInAus You've helped me before what do you think?
    • Mike2026
      Here are pictures to help.
    • Mike2026
      Ok So I had unprotected sex with a girl about 5 days ago and the day after I had masturbated an abnormal amount for whatever reason. The following day I noticed my urethra and penis had a bit of pain and then I began to have abnormal pelvic pain, though the lymphnodes in my groin area were not swollen or sensitive. After about three days the pelvic pain continued and my urethra soreness continued as well despite my lack of masturbation. I have also had abnormal headaches and my usual lower back pain as an active athlete. No sores or lesions of sorts just a couple of red spots as I had shaved recently before having the unprotected sex and all these red spots are painless and do not itch. I have also had a constant urge to pee. I am on a rollercoaster of convincing myself that I do not have it and then hitting the internet with my symptoms and going into a panic that I could have HSV 2. Am i being a hypochondriac or should I be worried? Thanks guys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.