World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sirenn

just got my blood test results back...

Sirenn

I was expecting to get a positive result for at least one type, but it turns out I have both types which pretty much put me in a depressing state. I've never had any visible cold sore near my mouth so to find out I have HSV-1 is shocking, but then again 80% of the population has it. The thing that really gets me is that HSV-1 has been linked to Alzheimer's which is a scary thought. I hope they come out with a cure in my lifetime.

cecil45

I really hope so too. I have had genital herpes for years and while I know now how to manage it, I would really like to be totally worry-free for the rest of my years. A lot of people really don't realize they have it since the sores can be mistaken as a pimple or something else.

Movingslowly

It's finally possible to cure people of this virus. Yes, it may be another 10 years before a cure/drug is on the market, but people need to stop down playing this virus saying, "It's only a minor skin problem." It's not even considered a skin disease, IT'S NOT A SKIN DISEASE. IT'S A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE AND LIVES WITHIN THE NERVOUS SYSTEM. No fucking virus lives in your body for years without causing damage. It's linked to many serious illnesses and one them being Alzhiemers disease. HSV1 is the number one cause of infectious blindness world-wide. It's dangerous to newborns if not managed properly. There are researches saying it's linked to prostate cancer in men. It's increases your risk for acquring HIV without or without symptoms of HSV. Genital herpes diagnosis causes signficant psychological issues. It's dangerous and causes severe outbreaks in people who's immune systems are compromised. This virus needs to be addressed before our next generation of children are all infected with this crappy virus.