World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
canbehappy

Spent Thanksgiving in Urgent care!

canbehappy

Hello folks!

I was diagnosed with HSV 1 on the genitals today. I have been through a lot of hardships in life, so originally I was really distraught. I was just laid off, I had a really bad leg injury this summer, and now this. I guess bad things do come in threes!

That being said I am a class clown, and find myself becoming an optimist. I am surprised at how I reacted to the news...

My current boyfriend and I were best friends before we started dating. He is a sweetheart. He recently had a cold sore, and even though he didn't come near me with his mouth when he had an active sore, I am sure he transmitted the virus accidentally before his cold sore was painfully apparent.

I was mad at him at first, but I realized that was unfair. I can't believe 1) that I have genital herpes and 2) that I will have this for the rest of my life. I feel the best course of action is to be calm and optimistic: I guess stress makes the symptoms worse. TO be honest I am more afraid of the financial ramifications, seeing that I just lost my job.

Hi.

inquiring1

Generic acyclovir is reasonbly priced in the U.S. Some peeps take supplements like L-Lysine, and/or colloidal silver.

inq