World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jimx1000

Can I be Non-Shedder?? Or just lucky?

jimx1000

I've never passed herpes to any of my partners over the last 2 1/2 years since i got it. Herpes for me is extemely mild and thank god i only get it once every 2-4 months and only 2-4 tiny blisters. Healing time is 4-5 days and im good. Theres so may many other bad skin rashes and stuff that are really common such as ezema etc that i think are 10 times worse. Now of course thats just me, herpes can be a nightmare for other people obviously but for me its very mild. The point im making is i thought my life was over when i got herpes but in fact its no big deal for me. Its more of an annoyance that sets me back a week when i get it but nothing like i thought it was going to be. I dont get aches and pains, but just the tiny blisters that i pop and put the blue dimaclear on and use some valtrex that clears it right up. Anyways as far as shedding, i have avoided sex days after an outbreak has cleared up and have had ALOT of sex the past 2 1/2 years and never have passed the virus on. I am friends with every girl ive slept with and never had an issue. Is it possible for me to be a Non Shedder??

Vidhya
I've never passed herpes to any of my partners over the last 2 1/2 years since i got it. Herpes for me is extemely mild and thank god i only get it once every 2-4 months and only 2-4 tiny blisters. Healing time is 4-5 days and im good. Theres so may many other bad skin rashes and stuff that are really common such as ezema etc that i think are 10 times worse. Now of course thats just me, herpes can be a nightmare for other people obviously but for me its very mild. The point im making is i thought my life was over when i got herpes but in fact its no big deal for me. Its more of an annoyance that sets me back a week when i get it but nothing like i thought it was going to be. I dont get aches and pains, but just the tiny blisters that i pop and put the blue dimaclear on and use some valtrex that clears it right up. Anyways as far as shedding, i have avoided sex days after an outbreak has cleared up and have had ALOT of sex the past 2 1/2 years and never have passed the virus on. I am friends with every girl ive slept with and never had an issue. Is it possible for me to be a Non Shedder??

I am curious to know about that as well. I live in Europe and down here people are not put on daily suppressive therapy of any kind, unless their condition is serious. Something like the "daily Valtrex" that people take over there, and costs a fortune. Many websites will also encourage people to think that they are shedding virus all the time, like this one: http://www.thefacts.com.au/

This site is run by Glaxo Smith-Kline, which produces the anti-viral medication, so it's only good for them, I suppose, that we all believe that we will need daily medication for the rest of our lives, and that we are indeed shedding virus all the time, so we should buy their medication no matter what. "Speak to your doctor!", the ads over there say. As ads like this are not allowed in Europe, their main market must really be the US. How good for them that there is such paranoia and stigma around the subject down there.

I wish I could get more reliable information about this, from studies which are not paid by the drugs companies, and people could get more information impartially and without being terrorized by their ads and websites.

RadioLove

I'm curious as to laws and such that govern what drug commercials can and cannot say when advertising on the tv in other countries besides the US.

Vidhya
I'm curious as to laws and such that govern what drug commercials can and cannot say when advertising on the tv in other countries besides the US.

Each country in Europe has its own laws I suppose, but prescription only drugs are not usually advertized on TV or the media. People would find the Valtrex ads you have pretty scary and tasteless. Zovirax for cold sores - or lip herpes, as we would call it in most languages - is common, though. Medicine for Aids, cancer, or other serious diseases are not advertized on TV anywhere for what I know.