World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mcnulty

Captain's Log: Outbreak #4. Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky.

mcnulty

These posts are a sort of herpes journal for me...so I can look back and track the exact progress and development of my relationship with this virus.

I started suppressive Valtrex about 3-4 weeks ago and I've just had my first outbreak since then. I felt some zaps and itches two nights ago (long night, lots of alcohol, lots of stress). The next morning I saw a little red bump on my wang. Before going to bed, I saw three more red bumps beginning to form...small ones. I decided to try one of the remedies I've read about on this website and put toothpaste on them. This morning they have all but disappeared. I don't think any of the bumps are big enough to scab over, and if they follow the same pattern as they have been recently, they should be gone by tonight/tomorrow. In addition to being small, they are painless.

I am not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky. I appear to be lucky in the sense that my outbreaks are mild and painless. I appear to be unlucky, however, in the sense that they have so far been quite frequent...this last one is a bit of a bummer because it popped up even though I'm on 2x500mg of suppressive generic Valtrex a day...proof that either this drug doesn't work for me or, more likely, that my virus is particularly virulent. On the other hand, I will say that this 4th outbreak has left me surprisingly unfazed. My morale is more or less intact...I don't know why this isn't depressing me more, in fact. I guess you just get used to this (it's been 3 months now).

JBnATL

Don't discount the Valtrex. Perhaps it is working and preventing even more painful outbreaks. Valtrex has proven to be effective against this virus..

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB