World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Girl20

Wondering if anyone can help me, new to this!

Girl20

Ok i am slightly confused. Sorry if this is too much information but am confused as to what's happening to me...

Over a week ago i began to experience a very dry vagina and the skin cracked and bled. I had just finished a course of antibiotics so assumed that this was a yeast infection. However my vagina (actual genitals as opposed to the vulva) began to swell and become very very painful and sore. I also had flu like symptoms- sore throat, the chills, achy tender feeling, nausea. A couple of days later i noticed that painful lumps- very large around the size of a pound coin- were forming. They were hard and sore.

I felt awful- i went off my food and i was in so much pain. I'm only 19 and have never been in such pain, although it didn't hurt to pee thankfully.

A few days on i began to notice some ulcers appearing on these lumps and inside my labia minora- I then became convinced that i had herpes after googling furiously. I also began experiencing a heavy yellowish discharge and i was in even more pain, this time it did hurt to use the toilet.

After reading this forum (and becoming so desperate for the pain to stop i no longer felt embarrassed) i felt strong enough to call the Dr and book an emergency appointment. She saw me and said it did look like herpes but took a culture of one of the ulcers just to make sure. she prescribed acylovir for a course of 5 days.

Anyway, just come to the end of my course. I had not had much time to examine myself recently as i have had ALOT going on very suddenly but i had been feeling alot better, all flu symptoms had gone, return of my appetite and gradually less pain- although still not able to walk any great distance.

However i have just checked and the swelling has completely gone, however the area between my vagina and anus is raw and bleeding. This is sore but not causing huge discomfort and i also noticed one lone large whitehead looking pimple on an arse cheek. which is odd seeing as originally the problems were around the genitals and these are now completely fine- with no ulcers at all.

I also have just checked my email. My dr has told me that my test for 'chlymida etc' was clear but the lab found a staph infection. There was no mention of herpes.

Do you think i have herpes? Or was this the staph infection all along? The only thing bugging me is that whitehead pimple thing as it looks like the typical 'herpes' illustration they show... although it is alone and not at all painful.

very confused. SO SORRY FOR THE LENGTH OF THIS POST. Hugely grateful of anyone who bothered to read it all.

dreamer101

My best advice would be calling your doctor or re vistiting his or her office...and getting all the answers you need.

peacelover

its great that you went to the doctor right away. was he or she supportive? i would also suggest going back to the doc. So, the sores were cultured and they were negative for herpes? When you go back, see if theres anything they can give you for the itchy/raw/bleeding feeling. That sounds very painful. Also, yellow discharge can usually mean something else (was it discharge from the sores or vagina?) Just to be sure you've checked for everything. You also may want to check for a yeast infection on top of all of this if you haven't already, I know that for me personally I can't take antibiotics without getting one. Hope this helps and feel better!