Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ihatehim22

how to find a new guy

10 posts in this topic

How is it that i find a new guy accepting of my "condition"? my family keeps telling me he will come along but truthfully i just want to have sex. is it fair for me to have sex with some random guy or should i inform him of my condition? Im just downright horny and i dont know what to do

You need to tell people first. If you don't want to wait to learn if you can trust and so on then go straight for the herpes dating sites and even the non herpes dating sites and reveal before you meet those guys. Herpes or no herpes, there are guys who also just want the physical thing. Always be cautious though, there are stalkers, and assholes too. You can't just "trust" people.

Battery Operated Boyfriend - from my experience a very good option, although make sure you have plenty of batteries (I've been known in the past to use the batteries out of other things!)

Find someone on positive singles - you can look for just hook-ups, and then you do not need to worry about having any talk or the chance of spreading the virus, you can just get to business. This is a very common virus - there are people with herpes looking for all different kinds of relationships, and people without herpes who are not afraid of it! The trick is to accept yourself, once you do that, everyone else will too!

Just be careful, herpes is not the only thing, and by far not the worst thing, you can catch while having sex. Very truthfully, with hookups it is always best to have protected sex. But you should always tell that you have herpes before hooking up.

I understand your sexual frustration, I love/want/need sex but finding a random guy is not worth it. Use your imagination until you find someone accepting ;)

Nobody here is going to advise you to have sex without telling, because most of us are the result of someone else's making that decision.

Some people will have casual sex with you anyway. Or you could put an ad on Craigslist (unlike a herpes dating site, it's free. But I might be worried about the guys who turn up.)

Always disclose....I know it sucks, but you have to. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Seeker1960
      I have used Voltern topical gel. It is for nerve pain and by prescription. I dont use nerve pain meds either. Methol gel also works well and can be bought without a perscription. I tried lidoderm patches with mixed success. You can also try lidocaine spray by prescription. I think Voltern is the best. Good luck
    • gonnakillher
      @Seeker1960 Thank you for your input. I never bank on the rarities. Too many odd things have happened to me in the past. I'm going to order the Western Blot at 6 months. Btw, what do you take/do to relieve the symptoms? I cannot take Neurontin for the nerve pain or I'll lose my job. I've taken Acyclovir 3 different occasions and it has helped tremendously. Thanks again
    • Ntnbutanxiety
      My bloodwork took 5 days. Good luck.     
    • herp-derp
      I was just diagnosed with genital HSV 1 that was transmitted orally. I've done research on the difference between genital HSV 1 & 2, but I wanted to hear it from you guys. Are outbreaks less common? Less likely to transmit to another's genitals due to it being HSV 1, but is highly susceptible to pass to another's orally?
    • Seeker1960
      Hello @gonnakillher I have very similar atypical symptoms. Most here have typical symptoms and those of us with atypical sympton get advice that our symptoms are not HSV related. The reliance on blood tests alone cannot exclude HSV infection especially if you are having symptoms like yours. The blood test can miss up to 30% of hsv positive people.  I came up postive for HSV1 via Western Blot. You can order a kit directly from the University of Washington. You will need to have the blood drawn and spun. It may or may not help as no tests are 100% accurate especially it seems with atypical cases but if you test positive you can have confidence in the result. If you test negative and still have symptom HSV cannot be excluded unless other forms of treatment resolve you symptoms.  The Abvic test is coming out soon and may offer a much better diagnostic blood test than what is currently availible. Keep searching for the cause of your issues until you are confident of what you have found to be true. I am not a Doctor so I will not proclaim that "you dont have herpes". I only will say listen and evaluate for yourself what is going on. If you think you have H after an exposure, then it could be H.  Good luck in your search for answers. Unfortunately for some with the atypical H symptoms the search can go on a lot longer until we get either a positive swab, blood Test or infect a partner.  
    • Free73
      nerve pain is not typical for herpes. It is far more common for shingles. The number of people who present here with 'nerve pain' is over stated. Tingling and unusual sensations are common, but to be experiencing what you call nerve pain in feet and ankles is not common at all for herpes
    • gonnakillher
      have any form of HSV is contagious...symptoms or not
    • gonnakillher
      were you sexually active within a couple weeks of this occurring ? what are the details on that?  i have gone through almost the same. hoping to get a western blot as Lisajd mentioned. 
    • gonnakillher
      i haven't had any fluid blisters. i also have folliculitis and mouth sores. both symptoms of herpes viral infection and definitely not associated with prostate issues. but i greatly appreciate the advice. any suggestions on how to get a western blot when your doctors basically refuse to help..?
    • cantdoit
      I don't have a grudge against anyone actually.  I don't even hold a grudge against the person who gifted me.   
  • Featured