Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ihatehim22

how to find a new guy

10 posts in this topic

How is it that i find a new guy accepting of my "condition"? my family keeps telling me he will come along but truthfully i just want to have sex. is it fair for me to have sex with some random guy or should i inform him of my condition? Im just downright horny and i dont know what to do

You need to tell people first. If you don't want to wait to learn if you can trust and so on then go straight for the herpes dating sites and even the non herpes dating sites and reveal before you meet those guys. Herpes or no herpes, there are guys who also just want the physical thing. Always be cautious though, there are stalkers, and assholes too. You can't just "trust" people.

Battery Operated Boyfriend - from my experience a very good option, although make sure you have plenty of batteries (I've been known in the past to use the batteries out of other things!)

Find someone on positive singles - you can look for just hook-ups, and then you do not need to worry about having any talk or the chance of spreading the virus, you can just get to business. This is a very common virus - there are people with herpes looking for all different kinds of relationships, and people without herpes who are not afraid of it! The trick is to accept yourself, once you do that, everyone else will too!

Just be careful, herpes is not the only thing, and by far not the worst thing, you can catch while having sex. Very truthfully, with hookups it is always best to have protected sex. But you should always tell that you have herpes before hooking up.

I understand your sexual frustration, I love/want/need sex but finding a random guy is not worth it. Use your imagination until you find someone accepting ;)

Nobody here is going to advise you to have sex without telling, because most of us are the result of someone else's making that decision.

Some people will have casual sex with you anyway. Or you could put an ad on Craigslist (unlike a herpes dating site, it's free. But I might be worried about the guys who turn up.)

Always disclose....I know it sucks, but you have to. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• LillianPanos
      Just received email from Bill Halford Rational Vaccines saying his vaccine achieves nuch more shedding reduction than Genocea. Bill'S reduction in shedding from 50-100%. He explains thoroughly what Gen-003 does. Go to Bill Rational Vaccines website ebsite. 
    • Chip Clark
      We said we'd have data from our Phase 2b trial in Q3 and we just made it.  Here's yesterday's press release. http://ir.genocea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=991389 The bottom line: - We are seeing in this Phase 2b study that one of the 2 dose levels (60 mcg/protein + 50 mcg/adjuvant), using material made for Phase 3 and beyond, works thus far against the virus almost exactly the way the old material.  The higher 60/75 dose does not, seemingly because the new formulation is more potent and thus over-stimulates the immune system (which is a thing, with T cell responses). - The 60/50 dose worked really well against clinical symptoms in our last study at 6 and 12 month time points, so yesterday's result gives us reasonable confidence that this dose will again work well at those time points.  We'll report the 6 month data in January. - Overall the program is on track:  we expect to enter Phase 3 in 2H next year.
    • Chip Clark
      Not sure what specifically you might be looking for but let me try to convey the main points: - We are seeing in this Phase 2b study that one of the 2 dose levels (60 mcg/protein + 50 mcg/adjuvant), using material made for Phase 3 and beyond, works thus far against the virus almost exactly the way the old material.  The higher 60/75 dose does not, seemingly because the new formulation is more potent and thus over-stimulates the immune system (which is a thing, with T cell responses). - The 60/50 dose worked really well against clinical symptoms in our last study at 6 and 12 month time points, so yesterday's result gives us reasonable confidence that this dose will again work well at those time points.  We'll report the 6 month data in January. - Overall the program is on track:  we expect to enter Phase 3 in 2H next year. 
    • fitzjust1
      Sorry i cant log into Fitzjust account so im on fitzjust1 https://www.facebook.com/jus.fitzpatrick add me facebook and ill intro to the group.   
    • Sanguine108
      I don't know why you confidently cling so tightly to your narrow beliefs.  As if common sense wasn't enough, here are some anecdotal incidences.
      1- person on PS talks about how he's had oral HSV-1 for 10 years.   One day, he had an outbreak, went to urinate, touched the sore then touched his penis, a genital outbreak then followed.
      2- Girl needed some chap stick, and decided to use her sister's without asking.  Sister happened to have o-hsv1 and the girl then contracted from the chap stick.
      3- friend shared chap stick with another who has o-hsv1. Didn't cross either of their minds and she gets o-hsv1.
      4- another friend was raped and got genital-HSV1 from just sex, no oral. (swab confirmed)
      5-Members on this board and other groups have oral-HSV2 and get recurrent outbreaks. (all swab confirmed)
      6-Member has HSV on her hand and face.  When she has an outbreak on her face, her palm starts blistering. These anecdotal stories are relevant, whether you believe them or not.   I apologize if you feel triggered by this. It's about being mindful with the decisions one makes.  If people want to be bull-headed about their choices in life then the risks will follow.  These aren't pie in the sky, outlandish stories.  And the stigma is further enhanced with you labeling this as stigmatic.
    • Cal56
      Yes, lyrica for nerve pain, Aldactone for the weird adrenal disorder I have, Valium for muscle pain. I also take. Supp from the Netherlands calledPeaPure for peripheral neuropathy.
    • Free73
      Sorry to hear the Famvir didn't go well. Are you taking any other drugs for any other condition?
    • Cal56
      Just an update on my second day of 125mg Famvir. My hair is falling out already (sigh) I'm edgey and argumentative. Keep on swimming , keep on swimming!
    • Cal56
      Hi Lisa, i only just realised that you are a fellow Aussie. I'm in Brizzie. Cal
    • Lisajd
      It's also important to remember that 80% of people have oral herpes anyway and most don't care because its just cold sores.  And if you have had it for a long time and not having outbreaks your risk of transmission would be lower.  Regardless having herpes is not the worst thing in the world for some it actually is but that's really about how you let it affect you
  • Featured