World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ScottishLassie

Bleeding?

ScottishLassie

I visited my dr yesterday because of painful blisters. I was already fairly sure that this was genital herpes, the dr agreed and I will get the results of the swab test in 2 weeks. I've been put on a course of aciclovir for the moment. However almost as soon as I returned home from the dr, I started experiencing another symptom that doesn't seem to be really mentioned on any forums or websites. I'm bleeding pretty badly both from the sores and vaginally, like a period. It's definitely not my period, as I'm on the pill and can tell exactly when it's due. Can anyone tell me if this is a normal symptom of herpes or should I get back to my dr?

Also the pain is unbelievable! I am taking ibuprofen and paracetamol and using an ice pack but still in absolute agony. Does anyone know of any other tried and tested remedies that have helped with their pain? I read on a website that a warm bath can help and it did seem to help when I tried it but then I read somewhere else that sitting in a bath may slow down healing and that a shower is better. There seems to be so much conflicting advice and I'm totally confused!

I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!

JBnATL

You need to go back to your doctor. Bleeding is NOT a symptom of herpes, so something else is causing you to bleed.

In regards to the pain, soaking in a bath with epsom salt works wonders. Also if you can find some epsom salt lotion that will help alleviate your pain too.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

ScottishLassie

Thanks for your advice, JB. Bleeding seems to now have stopped as quickly as it began, but I'll go back and see my doctor. Haven't seen Epsom salt lotion in the shops around here but will keep my eyes peeled for it now!

Thanks.

Daydrmr

Hi scottishLassie!

I was diagnosed with my very first HP2 outbreak in October. I had a very severe case, with about 50 blisters in and around my labia/clitoral area. I was in so much pain that I wanted to rip my labia off my body. I couldn't sit,stand or urinate. I got a hand held shower massager for cleaning, used a water bottle when urinating, and Lidocaine gel for the excuciating pain. I can honestly tell you that without that gel, I would have lost my mind. It took about 8 days before I felt much better, and in about 16 days was almost healed. I also use a dilution solution of Tea Tree Oil right on the sores. I have been taking 1200 mg of L-lysene on a daiily basis along with my meds. I have had one other outbreak when I got my period, but it was no way near as painful and I only had 1 sore. So please believe me it does get better with each additional breakout. I wish you a quick healing and feel free to get in touch with me anytime if you have any questions! :)

another statistic

I am glad to hear that the pain will subside, I am on my first out break, I am going absolutely insane!