• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stars

• youareallstardust

• AmiDreaming

• jennabro

It is not as bad as you think. Read all you can about this and you will see that it really is no big deal. 80% of adults have it in one form or another. You can live a normal life with this, I know, I have.

Many people have told me that getting genital herpes changed their lives for the better. Many start eating healthier, start working out and are more selective in whom they date.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

• 2 weeks later...

In college as well...

It's not bad at all! Always be honest with someone about it before you sleep with them or really engage in any sexual situation. Those who laugh or judge, are often immature or join in with the stigma surrounding herpes!

Enjoy College!

-Hachi :yowie:

im also in college. this is my first semester. i have not been diagnosed yet but i am pretty sure that i have it. i starting to just kinda accept it but its really hard.

I'm also in college. I hate to say it, but herpes has definitely effected the experiences. Think about it.. We will never be able to have that random sex or have spontaneous relationships. Herpes will always be in the back of our minds whether we'd like to admit it or not.. Worst part is I have oral as well, which makes it hard to communicate with others without thinking they're staring at your huge herpes outbreak on your lip.. Ugh. It's hard, could be a lot worse, but still hard. At least we know we're not alone.. It feels like it majority of the time, but seriously think of how many students on your campus are suffering and feeling the same way we are. There has to be TONS. 1 in 4 peopl have genital herpes and 80% have oral. We're not alone and that's what usually keeps me going. The stigma freakin' sucks...

Hi, it could be worse you could be 16 and have it like me. I got it about a week ago and this is the worse pain ive ever been through. When I frist found out I thought my life was over I cried non stop for days. I cant go to school cause I cant move cause my OB is so bad but hopefully it will get better soon. Im in a lot of pain but im just keeping my head up and thinking this will be the worst its only going to get better. I was worried that no one was going to love me and that I wouldnt have any friends but thats not true im the same as I was, I just have a new very common deisease. Everything will be okay. Just keep smiling (:

How can you all say it's no big deal? This is a life changing disease that has the ability to harm people you love. I don't understand the callousness with which you assert that "it really is no big deal". I'm so afraid that I'm going to accidentally infect someone, I'm afraid to touch myself. I'm afraid to look at myself.

I agree with Maria. It does change things. But I am beginning to realize that it isn't the end of my world. I wasn't one for random hook ups- my first and only one GAVE me herpes -_- But it is a big thing to have to think about right now. I think the biggest thing right now it educating myself one this too (might as well while I'm still used to reading bucket loads of articles!)

I saw what you posted after this, so I'm assuming your feelings may be different now. I just want to say that you won't "accidentally" infect someone. You know you have it, that means it is your responsibility to tell the people you sleep with you have herpes. If they agree then that means they know the risk and giving it to them wasn't an accident. It doesn't make you the bad person. I've slept with 2 people since I found out I had herpes. On top of that I gave a speech in one of my classes educating people about H and it was completely obvious I have it. No one treated me different I just had people asking me if I was positive. Honestly not as many people care as you may think. I can honestly say that it isn't a big deal. Now as far as my own problems with it yes. Those are a big deal, but as a whole..no. It isn't.

ps. I was extra careful about touching myself and I still am. It's just paranoia and it's normal.

How can you all say it's no big deal? This is a life changing disease that has the ability to harm people you love. I don't understand the callousness with which you assert that "it really is no big deal". I'm so afraid that I'm going to accidentally infect someone, I'm afraid to touch myself. I'm afraid to look at myself.

I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school. Herpes has changed my life significantly. Currently all of my girl friends have boyfriends... every single one of them, but me. Why? Because of being infected with herpes. I know it's possible for me to date but if I want to have an intimate relationship (which everyone does), I have to tell him and guys these days just aren't trustworthy. I could NEVER tell any high school guy because their all so immature and run their mouths. Makes me feel like I have to wait until college, and even then it's the same, except guys are a little more mature and understanding. Herpes keeps me from being normal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Herpes in college aint bad. When you walk around school take a careful look at people and you'll start to notice a shit ton of people with it on there lips or trying to cover it up. Next time you sit in your class think 1 in 4 has HSV2 and like 8 in 10 have HSV1 even if they dont show symptooms or have never had an outbreak. Shits cray cray huh.

Aww love its not that bad! Just be honest with yourself and who ever u have sex with! Many ppl contract herpes in college so you already beat them to it! Loll I am just trying to make you feel better! As a college I kno its hard dealing with it but its not impossible we are all here to support

Always love.

i am in college, too! it is hard for me but i would imagine getting love bumps at any age would be very difficult. what exactly is making it hard for you?

having HSVII is hard for me in college because i get extremely tired from OB's and the medications- all i want to do is sleep and cuddle with my cat. it is a real struggle to live life on life's terms- turn in assignments on time because my head feels really 'cloudy' during OB's which makes thinking/produsing work a challenge, complete readings when I'm passing out with my face in the book... It's also really hard for me to be in crowded spaces when I have an OB. I also have crippling anxiety so the combination can get deadly. there have been times that I am in the library (this happened 2 days ago) and i get these overwhelming feelings that i am disconnected from the universe and its people/i am poison to the world/etc and it induces a panic attack- i could not stop crying i felt like i was melting into the floor. luckily, my amazing boyfriend was there and took me to field so i could scream my lungs out and have a bitch fit at my herpes (i like to think of it as a 'her' and when im feeling low yelling//showing her whose boss makes me feel like a superhero)

it is a rollercoaster for me right now. i am having the worst OB since my first one in July 2011. it is so painful! and i am having a really hard time thinking positively...which is crucial to recovery.

Youareallstardust, I had the same problems with anxiety and things like that. I have been diagnosed with chronic depression and anxiety, they can give you medicine that is not addictive and will help. I've been on mine for almost 6 months now and I have only had 1 panic attack since then.