World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lookingforhope

will vivagel protect men?

lookingforhope

Sorry if this question has already been answered...just wondering

wastedhousewife

From what I have read, I don't think so at this time - but it may be something they start to look into more seriously as they research. Don't give up hope!

cakes

what was the bad news i cant seem to find it

Monique
I have some bad news about Vivagel today on Google news...

Vivagel is going ahead. I have not read anywhere of any 'bad news' or that trials have been suspended. Coldwar if indeed you did read 'some bad news about Vivagel on Google news' can you please post the link?

woodrose
I have some bad news about Vivagel today on Google news...

is this really necessary? If you have helpful information please provide a link. Otherwise why bother to post a statement like this?

Monique
is this really necessary? If you have helpful information please provide a link. Otherwise why bother to post a statement like this?

Exactly. Why people make these statements and then don't follow up with the actual proof is beyond me......

CarlMMagarle
Sorry if this question has already been answered...just wondering

Yes, it protects men. I came across this forum while doing investor research on Starpharma (the maker of vivagel and vivagel coated condoms). Here is my response to the same question from Starpharma investor relations:

Thank you for your email.

VivaGel doesn’t discriminate between the sexes. It simply acts to reduce the virus available for infection – so once VivaGel inactivates a virus, it's not able to infect anyone, whether they be male or female. With respect to the condom, the VivaGel is on the outside and the inside of the condom, so both male and female (or male and male) get the intended action of the product.

Kind regards,

Investor Relations