World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Alswaiting10

27 M Houston

Alswaiting10

Just saying hi to the site. I'm over feeling depress about my condition but still very much angry about the situation. A little background, it's been a year since I discovered I have HVS 2. Here's the interesting part at the beginning of that year IGG for HSV2 was negative I broke up with my girlfriend at the time and casually dated (no sex) mid year another test still negative. Hooked up with a friend had a little fling and ended it in August, later i meet my future fiance whom we decide to wait til we get married (no sex :( lol). In December 2010 had my first outbreak so of course I suspect my friend the last person I had sex only she tested negative on her IGG...So what the hell!:madd: Oh after my outbreak my fiance got test she's negative.

After that I did research I found that most occurrences happen 2 to 12 days after initial infection, 2-12 days i was going to and showering at the gym religiously, thats the only place my penis was exposed to the dangers of the world lol. I know it sounds crazy but it all true.

cat333

Heyoooo... I'm from Houston as well!!

From what I understand, there are lots of occurrences of false negatives when taking a blood test. The only sure fire way to test for herpes is taking a swab of an outbreak. Meaning the girl you slept with tested negative but probably has it and is asymptomatic. That's just my guess.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this but welcome to the site! This forum is a great place to get information about the glorious gift of herpes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Quest
      They did a hole punch as a swab for me, requested a PCR and it was not done. And they don't swab with cotton my other was swabbed with a rough surface to pick up skin. 
    • 35hope
      that was for the latent virus
    • normakiut
      Well, if I were you I would totally tell him. It is important that he knows what he has and gets tested, that way he can be more careful in the future and avoid transmission to other partners. It's true that you can't stay mad at him forever and I thinks it's very mature from you to put the cards on the table, it's the right thing to do.  You don't have to accuse him, you just have to hit him with the facts, I think handing him your test results is a good idea, that way you can see how he reacts, maybe he knew he had it, maybe he didn't. When you dated a few months ago did you guys use protection?  I got it from someone who knew he had it but "thought" nothing would happen to me because he was asymptomatic at that moment.  Best of luck!
    • Atrapasueños
      @Cas9 In vivo inactivation of latent HSV by endonuclease-mediated mutagenesis
    • WilsoInAus
      No, genital HSV-1 transmission from genital sex to an uninfected person does happen, it is rare in its own degree. It happens to about 1% of couples in the discordant situation described each year. If your partner suggests he didn't know he had genital HSV-1, then I'd suggest he told a porkie pie! This compares to the 0.0001% or lower annual chance of reinfection! So no, there is no need to feel sad at all. You also seem to make out that having HSV-1 is some form of death sentence. It is usually the opposite. The cohort of people with HSV-1 are as healthy if not more so than those without HSV-1 and have similar or less morbidity (aggregate symptoms, pains etc.) than those without HSV-1. There is nothing impaired about a person having genital HSV-1. No shame, concerns, health deficiencies etc.  No fate but what we make! Choose a good fate!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.