World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
italiansbes420

22/m/ohio single with H for the first time

italiansbes420

so me and my g/f broke up. I've never been single with it so its a little scary. any advice? do you date someone with it or without it?

Butterfly of the Moment

I would focus on becoming right with yourself first. I know it's hard. And I know it's scary. You'll get through this. You have to accept you still have a lot to offer...you need to believe in your self worth. Because once you have it, it will be a lot easier to date again and your overall quality of life will improve. Someone will want you again. Whenever I feel down, I always refer to this link to give me much needed perspective: http://www.hsvblog.org/herpes-simplex-virus-hsv-101/

Some people only will use dating sites or find people who have the herpes virus. But a lot of people do not. Please don't feel you have to limit yourself.

TheOneTruth

Yeah, I understand completely. Broke up with my girl too and say to myself, "what now?" It's scary for me too when I feel like I might end up getting rejected because of this. I guess you want know unless you try because I know there good understanding people out there. Doesn't mean I believe it lol. *sigh*

italiansbes420

i have had it for over a year and i have come to terms with it. I'm a nice guy and i have tons to offer .i've never had to have "the talk" so it kinda scares me!!!