World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Whitney

Married, pregnant, and newly diagnosed...

Whitney

I've known for a few years that I have herpes type 1...I rarely get cold sores, though. Well, husband and I messed around with a younger friend of mine, and I had a painful bump. It was gone within a week, but I had the lab test me at my 8 week check up for my pregnancy. Both type 1 and type 2 came back positive. I'm PISSED. We're all at fault here, but it would have been nice if said friend had gotten herself tested...I didn't think it was an issue. Stupid me, I guess.

Besides being pregnant and hormonal as it is, I want to bawl my freaking eyes out. My question is this...can my husband still go down on me? From the little info that I have found pertaining to that, the answer is no. He doesn't want to get oral herpes, but I told him he'll probably get it anyway (if he hasn't already) since I have it. Anyone have any legit info??

WarriorKing

There are antiviral medications and lysine to greatly reduce the chance of transmission. But you can't promise 100% that he can't get it orally. He likely already has HSV1 and as for getting 2 also orally, orally is not where HSV2 likes to reside so it doesn't do very well orally.

Whitney

Thanks

Yeah, I told him I'm sure he already has HSV1...I just don't want to live without him going down forever :(

GodHope

Most likely he already has oral heroes. Send him for a blood test