Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breakeveryrule

Masturbation when you have herpes?

8 posts in this topic

I wanted to hear from the guys out there with herpes how they handle masturbation? Are they afraid of spreading it to other locations on their penis while jacking off or getting it on their hands, etc.? What does one do? Never get off ever again? Wear a rubber glove? Tried doing it with a condom on but too hard to achieve the goal. Feel like I will never have sex or anything ever again. Help. :(

ok well im not a guy but i just wanted to reply-

- u have genital herpes i assume.... >>genital meaning its either going from ur penis to ur ass. so since u already have it, u cant spread it to the same genitalia.... and if u do have any fears of jacking off, rem u can always wash after u do it... hands/penis- surrounding area... washing is GOOD.

also wondering about this.

i am a guy.

pretty sure i'm in the middle of an outbreak (initial).

i withheld for a while but gave in to temptation.

usually when i masturbate i get red areas on my body, which go away quite soon. and this is not from physically exerting myself, i think it's some hormonal thing. when i'm especially horny this happens also. not as much as when i was younger.

anyway, i don't want to make the outbreak any worse by over-exciting my bodily activities.

also, my outbreak is not on the penis itself. i don't want to spread it there.

i was careful those two times, washing carefully before and after.

but my hands are getting really dry from washing them too much.

any advice?

Cruel

I think the cruelest thing about herpes is that during an outbreak or nearing one I get extremely sensitive and horny. Its not enough that I can't have sex but your going to throw the desire and passion in my face? Bastard of a virus!! It's a double whammy.

Does this happen to anyone else? I probably masturbate more during an outbreak than any other time just to will the extreme sensations away.

This may sound outrageous, but I've found that if I feel the beginnings of an ob coming on, sex will often stop it in it's tracks. Maybe it's the endorphins that are released. You have to catch it early, though. Once the virus is 'dug in', so to speak, it's too late.

And, no, you don't have to worry about spreading the ob to other locations on your genitals.

I'm like you phoenix I tend to feel most horny when an OB appears to be on the way and it often feels strangely satisfying?

Ditch the rubbers, go right ahead and have a good time!!!!!!!!!

Presumably you wash your hands anyway after wanking. So no harm, no foul.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• OhFuckMyDickHurts
      Look like I said raise money. I know it's a lot and without patents or licenses there is no real business plan for investors. Hence only use it for research, leapfrog the field and then maybe get investors on board as I've already shown it works and licensing may be easier. But it's expensive to do alone and NIH won't fund it.  As for finding a cure, I've spent some 8 months and $80K on this myself. I can put a new DNA vaccine on pause for a year and come back with more cash, but every outbreak...grrr..  accordingly if $$$ goals not reached and there is enough cash we can try my newer DNA vaccines designs in the Caribbean. I already have them lined up for possible production. As it stands I already can predict Amadeus/Genocea's company's success rates based on the work done in the past and what they published and I am sure I can boost it 30-50%. As for safety its actually quite benign and I already know the dosing and combinations most likely to work. No need to run 2-3 clinical trials over 5 years. I'd just do a clinical trial which would meet FDA phase 1 standards and use the appropriate grade products. I think getting that in 2 months as opposed to 10 years sounds a lot better. I can then patent it, sell it and do more trials, etc. hopefully in the USA, maybe use it to fund CRISPR HSV-2 trials down the road.... I don't know about you, but I see no sense of urgency in the FDA nor in the company's in clinical trials right now.  
    • Dragonfly07
      Thank you for sharing that. A letter sounds like a good idea. I'm glad you have someone that treats you the same. That's amazing. Gives me hope.  I guess there is no right way to let it out. Hiding in my apartment isn't going to help matters. lol Just make me more depressed. 
    • Emmamichele
      This post is the reason that I began using this website. It gives me so much hope that my life can go back to normal 
    • Prettypony
      Sorry you are going through this. I was diagnosed when I was newly seeing someone too.  I had to tell him though because I was so sick and so emotional he knew something was wrong. I told him the day after I found out. Couldn't hold it in any longer. I actually wrote him a letter when I disclosed and have him read it in front of me.  I had to otherwise I wouldn't have been able to say everything I needed and wanted to say out loud.  He took it very well. Said it wasn't a big deal and said he wasn't going to leave me over something so small. He explained that he has been through a lot of traumatic things and this is nothing. He treats me the same as before, and we have the same sexual relationship as before. Nothing has changed for us. I know it's hard but you can do it too.  You will feel a sense of relief too sharing with him.  No matter what his reaction is.......
    • Maybe1day
      How are you gonna make it all happen? Sounds far fetched. Getting funding is not at all easy. Look at rider, he had everyone fooled and still couldn't get the money. You are actually laying out a plan, so maybe we can all make something happen. Either that, or we sit around for the next 30 years and hope that the next generations can live a herpes free life.
    • Sanguine108
      you got a lot going on.   have you considered a Chinese Medicine practitioner/acupuncturist?  There are many types ranging from superficial and woo to heavily bridging biomedicine with traditional medicine. There are some simple concepts I can talk about.  There's heat or inflammation.  HSV is a damp-heat type pathogen.   Genital HSV affects the liver channel.  ...The genitalia are part of the liver channel, along w the kidney...   Women tend to have cyclical/hormonal hsv issues because of this connection... and bc after menstruation(blood loss) there's greater cellular heat in that area.   Think of a boiling pot of water.  The pot is fine until the water completely evaporates.  The water can't buffer the heat and the accumulating heat warps the metal.   People are no different (not as drastic as being 'warped' like metal).  Dehydration would be another thing. With all the hot, metabolic substances, it could be dehydrating those vulnerable areas making them more susceptible to more heat and more pronounced symptoms. I hear T3, which enhances metabolism/heat, testosterone/heat, working out/heat and, as if all that wasn't enough, hydrocortisone, which is pretty much anti-immune system.   It does cut inflammation bc it shuts the immune's inflammatory response to whatever the perceived problem is.   If you're taking it orally, not topical, then it's systemic. Chinese medicine is very good at treating the root of problems as well as the manifesting symptoms.   Acupuncture can help clear excesses from the channels (like your liver channel for outbreaks) and herbs can help rebuild you. Have you thought of taking glandulars instead of straight T3 or testosterone?     Also... The testes are the external projection of the kidneys/adrenals.  Anyone who has had their balls grazed or hit will know that pain  deep in their belly/back is their kidneys.  I remember someone relating the thyroid to the kidneys of the upper body.  Eh, the kidneys are the root of everything.   The kidneys support the liver and the liver's health is more reflective of the thyroid or T3 fidelity.   Thyroid makes T4 and gets converted by the liver to 'functional' T3.  So testosterone for the kidneys/adrenals and T3 for the liver.   We age and our bodies start to decline. Depending on our lifestyle and habits, we can age gracefully or intensely.   There are better ways to deal with our ever-developing development. Best to work with a practitioner who has an herbal medicine practice.  Acupuncture is great but herbs will help rebuild.  Some practitioners say Chinese herbalism is the real heart of Chinese medicine, while anyone can do acupuncture.  So the trained herbalist is kind of a rarity but they're out there.   These are just thoughts.   Hope this helps.  Apologies for my scattered thoughts.  We didn't even talk about your diet.
    • Dragonfly07
      I have been newly diagnosed with hsv2. Some days are good and some days are bad. The irony of it all is I have met someone recently who really is amazing and I haven't told him yet. I planned on seeing him more and seeing where things go but as for as now he is just an amazing friend. Today I am having a hard time in my head with what I'm dealing with and he wants to see me. A part of me wants to just let him see me a mess and just let it all out and the other part of me thinks I should wait until I can control my emotions because I might scare him off. I hate having to feel like I'm hiding something. It's harder because I've always been an open book my entire life and I don't feel like I can be with this, with the stigma behind it. I'm just at a loss on what to do. 
    • Hester
      If you look under the "Keeping the Faith " section you will see a Muslim subgroup. Best wishes! 
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      @Maybe1day@hopeful Rylee@Brokenforever Considering how precise CRISPR/Cas9+gRNA is coming out it appears that it would indeed be safe for human use and algorithms are showing 100% chance of no-off target effects and in vitro is backing that up. Why aren't people doing this already? They want to research and patent their own unique vector and not license what already exists. Further what they're researching for gene therapy would only be a once in lifetime shot. However for my intended vector you can keep getting shots until you're clear/not OBing/shedding. Thus take a shot in the sciatic nerve (it has already worked in animals but may not be clinically possible in humans without surgery; cut open leg to reach sciatic nerve) or try 2-5 shots intradermally (near the genitals to travel up the neurons into the DRG where your HSV is latent).  Each shot I'm projecting with the vector (not the ineffective one Jerome's lab used) would cost ultimately as far as I've calculated for people $4,000-$12,000 to make depending also on dosing which would need to be tested. Thus $8,000 to $60,000 per person in a trial (10 people = $80,000-$600,000), but this is a ROUGH estimate. Otherwise getting it all together built and lab tested is 3-5 months plus custom cloning service done another 1-2 months; 4-6 maybe 7 months from concept to syringe.  Ideally I would love humans trials if there is enough cash to do it (as stated above larger and more doses mean it's exponentially more expensive) and enough people willing to take the plunge and try it out of the USA. Otherwise I believe as an interim measure I can get a jump over Amadeus/Genocea and get an improved DNA vaccine ready which would be made to be FDA compliant (albeit tested overseas) in only 2-3 months and would be much safer to try out. That would cost for 10+ people maybe $30,000-40,000. As it stands I already can predict Amadeus/Genocea's company's success rates based on the work done in the past and what they published. I am sure I can boost it 30-50% and leapfrog the experiments already being tested in mice and guinea pigs in the USA. I don't need to wait for them. Bottom line Amadeus's improved a 1990's vaccine that was already tested in ~100 humans and it lowered the healing some 1-2 days (20-30% reduction), Amadeus's design may bump that up 10-20% (exactly who knows yet) or even fail to beat it at all. It may not reduce shedding either. While Genocea added ICP4.2 to it (albeit in recombinant protein form - more expensive to make) with an adjuvant and got up to 50-60% and success in limiting shedding. As for getting to market with CRISPR I can obtain the licensing from the patent holders for the vector (who've I located) but for trade secret reasons do not want to discuss. As for selling it eventually as I understand it another company already has an exclusive license for CRISPR+HSV-1, but not HSV-2 so there is a maybe a business case to be made here as well besides potential human research. Either way it would be great to cure people and leapfrogging the next 20 years of institutional lethargy to show what's really possible.  
    • WilsoInAus
      @Seeker1960 I'm sorry but it is only fair to point out that you may well have an oral HSV-1 infection from your youth and none of what you describe is attributable to herpes. Terrific news for everyone wouldn't you say! I hope you work out what is wrong with you for your sake and that of your family.
  • Featured