World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Salome

3 months and still going...

Salome

It's been a solid 3 months of outbreaks, soon to be 4. Finally tests came back as HSV2+, so I know what I'm dealing with. (Blood tests too, for all STDs, just HSV2+) They're little red spots that come up, and no sooner does one look like it's about to go away when another comes up. I'm so frustrated! I take so many immune boosting supplements like I've read others talking about, I apply topical antiviral oils, and they help clear up the spot that's begun, but nothing seems to stop new ones from starting. (I don't want to take pharmaceuticals - I don't respond well to drugs like that.) I know things will change with time, but this pattern is so different from "2-4 weeks followed by periods of dormancy." I want to laugh. Does/did anyone else have relentless outbreaks that don't respond to treatment? Thanks for reading & maybe writing back.

Also: can anyone tell me if this is all the "primary" outbreak, or is that done with & now I'm just having relentless recurrences? I'm perpetually terrified that I'm going to somehow spread this to other places despite obsessive hand washing & hygiene. If you did auto-inoculate, any ideas on how long would it take to see evidence?

veryunlucky

Yes! Yes! Yes! You are not alone! I have oral type 2 and at first it went on for 18 weeks! UUUgh!! Now I get a break for a week or so then wham it's back! It really sucks! It is very depressing. Stress does not help. You can private message me if you want to chat more. I hope you feel better soon!

Salome

Thanks for your response; it's good to know at least I'm not the only one. I feel like I'm doing everything under the sun to be "stress free" and "watch my diet" and blah blah blah. No avail. I'm about to go back to school after a 5 year break, so it'll be great to see what that does to my "stress" levels.

Bright Side

I've had continious OBs since July...it's miserable! I'm trying to figure out what to do about it I take meds and supplements but nothing makes it go away completely!!! You aren't alone.

Salome

I'm sorry you have to go through it, too! Have you noticed any changes at all? I'm trying to remember that it will change & do something different after awhile. Just have to give it more time, I guess...