World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Gettingthere2

I think I like him :/

Gettingthere2

Hi all

I think I have feelings for the guy who infected me with hsv2 :/

Is is weird that I don't feel any hatred for him rather all I want is to be in his company so we can comfort each other.

He was unaware he had it and we both had our first outbreaks at the same time within a few days of our last sexual encounter. I myself experienced it a lot worse than he did though.

Am I seriously insane for feeling this way :/

GeminiV

Hi miranda, Ive heard it all and this is not insane at all.. If u feel that way, let him know.. I think its cool this could actually pull u guys closer.. God knows how u need a little support in dealing with the emotional shock of this stupid thing.. just don't put all your conforting needs on him.. remember that if you guys fall apart, the virus It's still s part of u.. forever.. till they find a cure.. go for it and good luck!!!

Fully Qualified Survivor

If it helps, I married the woman who "forgot" to mention that she had herpes and we had a beautiful little girl who is now a beautiful woman.

Gettingthere2

Thanks guys!

I'm not 100% sure how he feels but we will see :)

RealisticGal

If you truly trust that he did not know...

If you feel he is honorable...

If he has similar feelings for you...

...I don't see a problem with "liking" him.

:wavey:

wastedhousewife

The guy that I got herpes from had no idea that he had it, and we had been dating about 2 months when I had my primary ob and we found out. We are engaged now, and have a really wonderful life. Do not let herpes stop you from doing anything!

barelymadeit

Not insane or weird at all. If he truly didnt know, then he didnt trick or manipulate you in anyway.

DJ5

i dunno, sounds kind of shady... The fact that he started having his first outbreak when u did. Seems more like he was having another outbreak and infected you at the time, especially if his was fairly mild. Was he maybe seeing someone else at the time that you didn't know about who he could have caught it from, then had his first outbreak with you? If that was the case, then he would be telling the truth that he didn't know he had it.

But then again, it is possible what you said. It would be pretty easy for a guy to lie about having it (or just not disclose) if he hadn't had symptoms in a while, which is how a lot of people get this thing. But if you truly trust and believe him, and he says it is his first ob and he didn't know and that he hadn't been with anyone else, then I guess u can go with that.

HT75

even if he knew and gave it to him, you can forgive him.........if the person told me instead of cheatiing on me i would have still lived with him as i was madly in love with him. some times it is really difficult for a person to tell , no matter how much we advocate them to tell. thing is you like him........so tell him that and GOOD LUCK!

spheralune

There is nothing wrong with liking your giver. If he honestly didn't know and gave you H I would not hold it against him. For me I would evaluate how much I trust the person and not let my emotions completely make the decision.

So if you trust that he was honest with you I say go for it and be happy!

lknforanswers

It's hard to know whether or not to trust someone. I would take it slow and see how its going after a good period of time has gone by. Dishonesty has a way of showing itself down the road. I hope that he is being honest and that you find the happiness you desire. Just don't get caught up in the fact that he also has herpes, be happy! Remember there are plenty of guys out there. It is cool though if you and he are being brought together by your disease. There is nothing wrong with liking him, if he didn't know.

Fully Qualified Survivor

Even if he did know, so what? What does that make him? A monster? No. It means he's human and fallible.

RealisticGal
Even if he did know, so what? What does that make him? A monster? No. It means he's human and fallible.

That is true in a way. Dishonesty, lack of trustworthiness, lack of integrity, disregard for fellow humans...these are all human character flaws.

The question remains for the reader: Do you consider them minor, major or tragic flaws?

:itsme: