World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
toogeele

Horrible Nightmare Ride

toogeele

About a month ago I got sores on my mouth and legs. I went to five doctors. One said for sure herpes, three said for sure not, and one said probably not. I got four swabs done which all came back negative. I also got blood tests done to check for herpes. The blood tests came back as negative for both hsv-1 and hsv-2. I developed the first sores out of seemingly no where. I had not kissed someone for two months and had never had the symptoms of having herpes. I was treated for impetigo and my sores all healed and stopped weeping in about two days and the red skin cleared up after about two weeks, other then some residual itching. For two weeks I thought that it had not been herpes after all...I thought I had avoided my ultimate nightmare that had left me depressed for three straight weeks.

Well this weekend I kissed a girl. A day and a half later and this girl has a sore on her lip. It appears that I am in fact in my nightmare. At least it let me get two more great weeks out of life before totally settling in. My questions are these, I have now spread this in the same exact way twice. The first time I didn't realize I had herpes and I kissed a girl who exactly two days later developed a sore on her upper lip. Now I went to all these doctors mostly to find out if I needed to abstain from sex for a while and from kissing until I understood and explained my herpes to any potential partners. Well I had four doctors tell me I didn't need to do any such things, since it wasn't herpes, and only one who made his diagnosis after looking at it for two seconds in an urgent care room said nothing on the matter. So I went ahead and kissed another girl. I had no signs at all, no tingling, nothing (I know about viral shredding) but I had no idea it could spread so easily. Well lo and behold two days later she has a sore in the same exact place as the last girl. So I guess I have herpes.

I should say as follow up during the first episode, the first girl went to a doctor and they said for sure not herpes but staph and treated her for that. So I guess they were wrong about her too!

UPDATE: As of today the second girl went to the doctor and was also diagnosed with staph. Is it possible to be a carrier of staph? I have no idea what is going on and none of the five doctors I have seen have given me any definitive answer. Sometimes I feel like modern medicine isn't so great! ( I know it actually is I'm just frustrated). I am going to get a second blood test to see if anything has changed.

Well now I am back to totally depressed. I am not sure what I am going to do because I can't handle this. I think maybe I will run away to an island and wait to die. :(

JBnATL

If you have had multiple doctors and a blood test tell you that you don't have herpes. YOU DON'T HAVE HERPES.

Sorry.

Find another website that can better assist you in finding out what you have.

JB

non stop guy

Feel your pain.I've had sores in my mouth for 13months.been told several times that it can't be hsv.kissed a girl.she now has had non stop sores in her mouth.for 4months.she smooched her 2young boys.bam sores in there mouth.at least there's went away.I would get them sores pcr swabbed so u know for sure.good luck man.hope its staph