World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
andre

HSV 1 to HSV 2?

andre

Just have a thought...ok hypothetical situation...male completely clean...female HSV-1...if the male gets oral sex (receives) from the female can he get HSV-2? Or will it be HSV-1 genitally? Does she have to have symptoms (cold sores) or can she just spread it without any? What if she has just like a tiny pimple like whitehead type thing on her lip, does that count as an outbreak?

JBnATL

I have both hsv1 & 2 and I am very clean!

If a female with hsv1 oral gives oral sex to a guy, then the guy could get hsv1 genital even if they girl did not have an outbreak. Although that is very hard to do since hsv1 does not like to be genital. If the tiny pimple she has on her lips is herpes then yes, that is an outbreak.

Good luck!

JB

andre
I have both hsv1 & 2 and I am very clean!

If a female with hsv1 oral gives oral sex to a guy, then the guy could get hsv1 genital even if they girl did not have an outbreak. Although that is very hard to do since hsv1 does not like to be genital. If the tiny pimple she has on her lips is herpes then yes, that is an outbreak.

Good luck!

JB

Thanks for answering my question!! That makes sense because HSV-1 and HSV-2 are two different types of viruses from the same virus. If that makes sense not really ha. Anyways, I was wondering, another hypothetical situation. Male has both types (1 and 2) and female is clean. If these individuals make out (kiss), can she get both types or only type one? Does the male have to have any symptoms (outbreaks) for her to get type one or type two? I'm sure if the male has type 2 orally then the female can get it but it is rare because type 2 doesn't wanna occur orally, right? Can it transfer without any symptoms just by kissing?