Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexandra

Cold Sore / Herpes Treatment Reviews

1 post in this topic

Has anyone else used treatments meant for cold sores to treat their HSV-2 breakouts?

I've been using Zapster lately and wanted to hear if anybody else has tried similar products. I'm really happy with it, definitely feels like it works as my breakouts seem to go away a lot faster! I'd like to look for some other cheaper alternatives if anyone knows other stuff although the price isn't that bad.

BTW, the ingredients of the products on their site list: tea tree oil, retinyl palmitate, royal jelly, coconut oil, aloe vera, and some other oils.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• JBnATL
      Hopefully you will never have another one JB
    • WilsoInAus
      The reason I asked was twofold: - to get a sense of how long you had the infection as antivirals are more effective and 'necessary' in the first year of infection
      - to check that you do know whether you have HSV-1 or HSV-2 genitally. Swabs are not typed half or more of the time. Worthwhile checking absolutely that it was typed and not assumed to be HSV-2. Have a blood test if you are not 100% convinced.
    • Nick Cave
      HI Hidden, I'm sorry to hear you are suffering.  I want to tell you that I contracted Genital Herpes when I was 18. After a while the frequency and the severity lessened quite a bit.  Now I only get an outbreak about once or year or less, and I don't experience much  pain, if any.   My spouse married me knowing I had herpes.  We have children. Its been 30 years since I contracted it.  I tell you all this hoping that you may see that in my opinion, a normal life lies ahead of you.  Please don't despair for the future.  
    • WilsoInAus
      Your doctor is right on the basis of sheer probability. A women who is infected genitally with HSV-1 will in most every case be thoroughly aware of it. It is no trifling issue but luckily a once off. If you haven't been forced to seek medical help for sores on your genitals then it is exceptionally unlikely you have genital HSV-1. About 50% of the population are infected with HSV-1 before age 3! This is why people often suddenly get a positive blood test in their 30s, 40s plus and wonder where it came from. It is because they have no memory of the infection and the issues they probably had as a very young child. They would have abated after a few months never to return (or very rarely).
    • Nick Cave
      Thanks praying for peace. I will try the OTC Hydrocortisone.  As for flaky rather than gritty, I don't know if this would have removed the grittiness and turned it flaky, but the GP sprayed me with liquid nitrogren.  
    • ChinUP2
      Hi Hidden, I can relate - I have genital HSV1, but I was diagnosed June last year. Tell me about your symptoms. You are right about ob being a lot more mild second time. My second ob was slight pink skin, no real bumps or pain... lymph node enlargement and slight tingling (nerve sensations) but that's it. You can "shed" the virus between ob's, however it is a lot more likely that you will transmit with actual sores. It is possible to transmit between ob's. You are not an awful human being and I can tell you personally I felt a lot of the same things you are in the beginning. Sometimes, I still struggle with "the talk" but have found that honesty and saving sex for commitment is the way to go. Otherwise, you will feel guilty about possible transmission. If he is the man of your dreams, he will still love you anyway. Have you asked if he has ever had cold sores? When I have had "the talk" with people in the past, it was after we made out, before sex... and usually just asked when last time they were tested was. They tell me and usually ask in return... and that's how the conversation opens. I have told 4 guys, and have never been rejected for it. You just have to act cool and collected. Say that you tested positive for HSV1, which is the same virus that causes cold sores... See what he says and take it from there. Just be real. Let me know how it goes.
    • fixme1
      Both subunits . Same as gsks
    • HiddenSecret
      I really, really want to die. I was diagnosed with genital hsv1 in June. My first ob was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life and I am terrified to go through that again. I have so many questions, some of which Google can't answer. I think I have an ob right now, being only my second one. I'm not sure though, cause it is much, much less severe than my first. I've read that recurring ob's are typically a lot better than the first, but this is almost unnoticeable. Am I having an ob? Just how contagious am I in between ob's? Am I an idiot for having sex without condoms? Am I spreading this to unsuspecting men, being a completely awful human being? I'm in a new relationship with the man of my dreams and I have not disclosed my status. I feel like scum, I know that's awful. I am just so horribly disgusted with myself for having an incurable std, I know others would be too and I do t do well with rejection. But because I'm having what I think is another ob, I need to tell him. How the hell do I do that?  I'm so deeply depressed, I don't know what to do anymore. I want to end it all, it's actually just really sad.  I wish I would've known this site exsisted when I was diagnosed. Those were some very, very dark days.  
    • boricacid
      @JBnATL I think oral sex triggered the outbreak.  Have NO idea how long I've had it. 
    • hopeful Rylee
  • Featured