Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexandra

Cold Sore / Herpes Treatment Reviews

1 post in this topic

Has anyone else used treatments meant for cold sores to treat their HSV-2 breakouts?

I've been using Zapster lately and wanted to hear if anybody else has tried similar products. I'm really happy with it, definitely feels like it works as my breakouts seem to go away a lot faster! I'd like to look for some other cheaper alternatives if anyone knows other stuff although the price isn't that bad.

BTW, the ingredients of the products on their site list: tea tree oil, retinyl palmitate, royal jelly, coconut oil, aloe vera, and some other oils.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Jeremy Spokein
      Good to know that it'll get better after a year... I sensed these prodrome things just 3 weeks after my primary outbreak. Glad that nightmare is over... Hope it stays like that
    • EM424
      Hi Ethyl, I am 53 and was diagnosed last September.  I was also shocked and am sad. I am going through menopause.  I also have HPN. Feel free to contact me EM
    • Lisajd
      I have read posts on another sg of many women who get painful first obs.  Others have reported obs around their periods.  The key is a healthy immune system. It is only thru time u will know how your body will manage the virus by whether you have an ob or not.. some with severe first obs go on meds for a year.
    • WilsoInAus
      @thebarrier how was this patch diagnosed as herpes, did you have a swab?
    • WilsoInAus
      That might be true, but with over 30% of AA men and 50% of women, there's a lot of people to talk through the issue. I'm Australian and there is no disclosure or discussion of HSV-2 here. It is just an outcome of being a sexual human. I feel that is the same thankfully in the AA community. The stigma has been largely generated for the benefit of drug companies selling their antivirals to American princesses who are wrongly told that the odd irregular sore on their 'gin gin' is unclean! All women are beautiful, especially my lovely partner regardless of whether she's having an outbreak or not!
    • Lisajd
      Medication is one step to reduce risk.  For a female its like 1% if meds and condoms are used.  Remember viral shedding occurs less frequently after 6 months and if you have no obs you shed less.  @thebarrier The dr wont swab if there is no lesions i would expect.  
    • JBnATL
      Hi Ethyl, you have come to the right place.  The more you know about what you have the better you will feel.  The first outbreak is always the worst and some people never get another one. Had you ever been tested in the past?  Chances are you already had hsv1 and have had it most of your life.  90% of all adults have hsv1 oral and most got it as a child from a kiss from a relative. I know one of the fears you have is that no one will ever want you, but while you might get rejected every once in a while, there are a lot of people out there who won't care.  This website has a great section called "The Secret to My Success" and has hundreds of posts from people who thought that and then found someone who did not care.  Personally, I have given the 'talk' a dozen times and have NEVER been rejected. Meeting other Herpsters also helps.  Seeing other, normal people who had it helped me a lot.  You can probably find people near you on Facebook in one of the secret Herpster groups.  You can't find these groups on your own because they are secret groups.  I can help you get into the biggest one called Swirls which has almost 5000 members in it.  Swirls has a list of all the other groups which number over 300 most based on geography, so I bet there is one near you. Come to chat, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support. JB
    • WilsoInAus
      No this will not be herpes under your armpit. With a level like that, there is a 75% chance of a false positive and no herpes at all. Can you get a Westernblot?
    • Lisajd
      If you are newly diagnosed you may get more symptoms and viral shedding occurs more in the first year.  These symptoms most likely are related. Try aloe vera gel for itching and burning
    • WilsoInAus
      This does seem a bit unusual, the patches around the eyebrow may not be herpes and best to get checked out for bacteria. 
  • Featured