Dating inside the community

hermia

Hi C,

I appreciate your wise comments & positive outlook.

Your post(s) are part of the reason I participate on this site: there are those of us over 55 & intelligent enough to know some H facts & how to apply such to improving our lives with H or otherwise.

I've had HSV-2 since about 1980, when my wife ran off & returned with H.

We stayed together for 37 yrs, & she died 12-12-10.

Oddly, I did have many outbreaks for many years until after she died...

I think my diet was wrong & I've since read about how to improve that & have started to do so...

Having H outbreaks has caused me to finally appreciate women as complete Beings, & without the sex aspect as initially a compatibility factor of importance. I now am open to be-friending physically not so great ladies. We chat & enjoy mutual events/activities...

Since I am "wealthy" I run the risk of being sued for infecting

a :negative" woman. That is an added burden for me a "positive"

person. Ha! Such a problem (being wealthy). :)

My best to all your sensitive and honest ladies.

I hope I meet up with such a lady; but this Forum helps me

to continue to grow in maturity & maybe even some happiness.

Jim

Well Jim, you sound like you have changed for the better. Sorry about your wife's passing. I know you must miss her very much. I enjoyed reading your post. You made me laugh when you wrote I now am open to be-friending physically not so great ladies. This was funny too, though I doubt that you meant it to be: I run the risk of being sued for infecting

a :negative" woman. Blessings do sometimes seem to bring curses, don't they. :sad:

One thing I am confused about. This statement: Your post(s) are part of the reason I participate on this site... I believe I joined sometime in the winter 2012, so I've been here a little over a year I think. I don't remember your avatar pic. How long have you been a member and did you change your pic?

Keep your heads up guys! I am dating someone in the community and he is the love of my life. So special and amazing, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Congrats, Kate!

Hermia update... well, it's been 28 months in the club and I've been dating in the community exclusively and YES, I did meet someone really really nice and sweet and wonderful. I am 56 and he is 51. So hang in there everyone... romance never dies.

Congrats, Hermia!

thank you for sharing your success. It is not any different finding a compatible mate if both are "positive'.

Age, location & other factors become barriers to finding a "positive" mate. I live on an Island you know.

Jim

But that's a big 'ole island full of old money and new money people. It's not your average island, :wink:. But I know what you mean though. You could relocate to an area that would be more conducive to meeting someone. You sound like you are in a better position to do that than most.

• 6 months later...
Hi C,

I appreciate your wise comments & positive outlook.

Your post(s) are part of the reason I participate on this site: there are those of us over 55 & intelligent enough to know some H facts & how to apply such

to improving our lives with H or otherwise.

I've had HSV-2 since about 1980, when my wife ran off & returned with H.

We stayed together for 37 yrs, & she died 12-12-10.

Oddly, I did have many outbreaks for many years until after she died.

I think my diet was wrong & I've since read about how to improve that & have started to do so.

It was ignorance, not motivation re. diet.

To conclude, I add to your "positive" viewpoints:

Having H outbreaks has caused me to finally appreciate women as complete Beings,

& without the sex aspect as initially a compatibility factor of importance.

I now am open to be-friending physically not so great ladies.

We chat & enjoy mutual events/activities.

Thus, H really has had an impact on me maturing to my chronological age (74 in Jan.).

There is always a positive side to every action or event. I have wanted to "tone down"

my sex drive, as I knew I was missing out on "spiritual" & simple enjoyment of

what I was not so aware of being so "horny".

Too bad I live on Martha's Vineyard (Island) off of Cape Cod.

The population here is small so persons do not divulge that

they have H, so "the talk" has resulted in my finding "friends",

who probably are looking for a man without H for a full

relationship without H.

Since I am "wealthy" I run the risk of being sued for infecting

a :negative" woman. That is an added burden for me a "positive"

person. Ha! Such a problem (being wealthy). :)

My best to all your sensitive and honest ladies.

I hope I meet up with such a lady; but this Forum helps me

to continue to grow in maturity & maybe even some happiness.

Jim

thank you for sharing your success. It is not any different finding a compatible mate if both are "positive'.

Age, location & other factors become barriers to finding a "positive" mate. I live on an Island you know.

Jim

Hi Jim!

Wish I lived closer--I always wanted to have been born to professionals in Boston instead of in the southern U.S! I've been to Cape Cod and it is lovely, you are lucky to live in that area. My husband of 33 years died last August (he is the one who gave me herpes before we were married, but neither of us ever had many outbreaks). Although I didn't think anyone of my age needed to worry about dating again, I have actually been asked out by a couple of interesting guys. I put them both off saying I was not ready. But now I think I am, I just don't know how to approach "the topic."

I don't consider myself wealthy, but I am reasonably well off, and my son worries that these guys are after my money! I'd like to find a travel partner more than anything--male or female--but no one I know has the money or even the interest to go to the places I plan to see in the coming year (E. Europe river cruise, West Africa cruise Capetown to Marrakesh).

Arleeda

Atlanta does have at least 2 active social groups, and a monthly support group at Piedmont Hospital. I lived there for 5 years and participated in some. I understand if it's too far away, because you would only participate sporadically, which wouldn't get you very far. And you probably really wouldn't enjoy yourself much, thinking about how far you'd come, how far you had to go to get home, and how long would it be before you could come back again.

But if you go on the date, good luck and God protect you. Be careful.

What ages were the people in Atlanta? I left there 3 years ago to move to W TN to be near children when my husband had a stroke. He died last year and I find myself in my 70s with Herpes 2. My husband gave it to me, but he never had outbreak and I only had one small one 38 years ago...that's when we found out. I have had a couple of men ask me out, probably because they think I have money, but I don't really know how to approach dating with this information. Maybe they won't be interested in sex at 75??? But I go to Atlanta 2-3 times a year and might like to visit a group there. I had my cataract surgery done at Piedmont.

Update... Yes, we met on Positive Singles and that was 10 months ago!!! We get along great. He has more outbreaks that I do but he always says... just because I'm out of action... doesn't mean that you can't have fun....

So be hopeful everyone... there's HOPE

• Like 1

Update... Yes, we met on Positive Singles and that was 10 months ago!!! We get along great. He has more outbreaks that I do but he always says... just because I'm out of action... doesn't mean that you can't have fun....

So be hopeful everyone... there's HOPE

WOW Hermia! Thanks SO much for updating us. So many never do that. I'm still so excited for you!!! Glad you mentioned about the OB schedule difference. To many this is a concern as to how it will affect each other, and vice-versa. I sure hope to see some pics of you two one day :knuddel:.

What ages were the people in Atlanta? I left there 3 years ago to move to W TN to be near children when my husband had a stroke. He died last year and I find myself in my 70s with Herpes 2. My husband gave it to me, but he never had outbreak and I only had one small one 38 years ago...that's when we found out. I have had a couple of men ask me out, probably because they think I have money, but I don't really know how to approach dating with this information. Maybe they won't be interested in sex at 75??? But I go to Atlanta 2-3 times a year and might like to visit a group there. I had my cataract surgery done at Piedmont.

When I was there about 6-7 years ago, the group meeting at Piedmont Hospital on Thursday nights at 7p had people of all ages, from early 20s to 60 or older. I found the group through Creative Loafing calendar. Don't know if that mag is still being published. It was more of a support group though, sponsored by a national H-support org, held in one of the mini theaters and joint-hosted by a leader and a pharmaceutical man. But there were 2 social H groups in Atlanta too, and they had websites. One group was POC-Atlanta, the Af-Am group that welcomes people of all races, creeds, etc. I forgot the name of the other group. These social groups may have corresponding Yahoo groups too. Atlanta has had that yearly H-cruise to the Bahamas for as long as I remember, but don't remember if it was hosted by POC or the other group.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I see you joined today. Welcome :flowers:

Need info in attempting to date inside the community...like where to start on here?

Doesn't look like anyone ever answered you. This is not a dating site, because admin wants to keep it safe here for teenagers. I am glad they have this policy. There are some H dating groups that some have spoken well of. I think Plenty of Positive Fish is one. Also MPwH (Meet People with H) is a long-running, popular site. There's another that someone shared with me recently. I'll get the name out of my inbox and post it here. There are also private Facebook H groups as well.