World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ad1120

Anyone have herpes on stomach or back?

ad1120

so ive never had anything on my mouth or genitals-- stomach and back only... and once you have an outbreak, can that clump dry up and another appear somewhere else the next day or two?

CDFPC
so ive never had anything on my mouth or genitals-- stomach and back only... and once you have an outbreak, can that clump dry up and another appear somewhere else the next day or two?

Are you sure you even have herpes?

ad1120

Derm "visually" diagnosed-- moron!! But, looks like it, just not same characteristics or symptoms.. :/

CDFPC
Derm "visually" diagnosed-- moron!! But, looks like it, just not same characteristics or symptoms.. :/

Hey!!! Wait!!! Why insult a forum member and call them a "moron"?

Doctors can't "visually" diagnose anyone, let alone be remotely accurate without the proper "swabs" of lesions and a "blood test".

I'm sorry...never heard of a single case of herpes on ones back or stomach! If it doesn't involve the "below the shorts" area, OR on the face near the lips...I'd opt for a second opinion...especially before you freak out and call anyone here a moron!

CDFPC

Original poster:

EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Herpes dose NOT reside on ones stomach or back!

If you have read the links here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You'd know that.

My older brother has had herpes like symptoms on his back and stomach. turned out to be a staph infection. My sister in law had the same, turned out to be "shingles".

I'd think twice before you call anyone a moron, and go get yourself tested.

jadr

Is it only on one side of your body? Shingles is a type of herpes that can be on the back and stomach but you will only see the outbreak on one side of the body. Otherwise I'd say that your doctor may be the moron and you should see a dermatologist.

ad1120
Hey!!! Wait!!! Why insult a forum member and call them a "moron"?

Doctors can't "visually" diagnose anyone, let alone be remotely accurate without the proper "swabs" of lesions and a "blood test".

I'm sorry...never heard of a single case of herpes on ones back or stomach! If it doesn't involve the "below the shorts" area, OR on the face near the lips...I'd opt for a second opinion...especially before you freak out and call anyone here a moron!

my apologies-- i was calling the derm a moron, not the member!!!

ad1120

Oh gosh, i feel terrible!! id never ever call anyone on here a moron! my dermatologist is a moron! she was a total idiot about the entire thing- i feel like i knew more about it than she did. I even told her ive never had a genital episode or facial.... this is my second outbreak of whatever it is... the first one was 6 months ago all over my stomach!!

CDFPC

AD1120, My apologies! I misread what you wrote!

I think it's quite odd to have herpes all over your stomach. I have never heard of a single herpes case on ones stomach, UNLESS it was very close to ones genitals. A visual diagnosis is rarely ever accurate. If I were you, I'd see a regular doctor...not a dermatologist, have those blisters swabbed and take a blood test.

My older brother had something similar happen to his stomach and back many years ago. Turns out it was a staph infection. My sister in law had the same thing. Turns out it was the shingles. Herpes related yes, but not hsv1 or hsv2.

Good luck!

ad1120

its already dried up so no swab :/ It only lasted for like 3-4 days... nowhere near my genitals... im at a loss here... yeah, guess ill see another doc! thanks!!

Kitty123

I would like to debunk this myth.

Yes. If it is in the 'general boxer short area' you CAN get it near your abdomen AND your LOWER back (lumbar region).

How do I know this?

This is where I get my outbreaks. On my lower back. I was diagnosed by a blood test with HSV2 in August 2010 and I've ONLY SEEN my OB's on my lower back. AND I've had them swabbed and confirmed HSV2.

If its the boxer shorts area, anything goes. And the OB's can move around sometimes too.

houston2113

Just got back from the doctor because I have a possible outbreak on my face above my eyebrow and he checked my back and stomach. Yeah, like I missed rashes on my stomach, BUT he was clear there are viral strains ( he said herpes) that can manifest outside the lips/genitals region....and often those strains are seen on the stomach or back.

Jx01
On 2/15/2012 at 5:43 PM, Kitty123 said:

I would like to debunk this myth.

Yes. If it is in the 'general boxer short area' you CAN get it near your abdomen AND your LOWER back (lumbar region).

How do I know this?

This is where I get my outbreaks. On my lower back. I was diagnosed by a blood test with HSV2 in August 2010 and I've ONLY SEEN my OB's on my lower back. AND I've had them swabbed and confirmed HSV2.

If its the boxer shorts area, anything goes. And the OB's can move around sometimes too.

Diagnosed with Hsv2 and just had first OB on my stomach below my belly button today. Got really worried about it, I actually found this site by searching for information. I asked my physician and they let me know that OBs can happen on stomach, though it is not very common. 

I only have OBs near my genitals, this has been my first OB in about 8+ months. 

Edited by Jx01