World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Legend

My Story On Herpes, Vitamin C, and How I Beat It!!!

Legend

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a long post but I hope you will read it all. I also hope you will read it with an open mind. I can NOT prove anything to you, all I can say is you would need to try it for yourself. Now, let me begin...

Last year I came on here talking about eating raw foods and ridding yourself of toxins and how that could help with an outbreak. I was wrong. Within 2 months I had an outbreak, and needless to say I was embarrassed. So my ex-girlfriend and I did some more research. After all, I was having an OB every month and half to 2 months and I was sick of it. I even had an OB once, and when it began to scab over I immediately had another! An OB on top of an OB! It was too much!

I refused anti-virals, as for many years I've been against medicine. I took one take of anti-virals and that was enough for me. First off, WAY to expensive! Second, I learned of the long term effects. No thank you! Anyways, we began reading...a LOT of reading on vitamins. We researched them, read of them, watched videos and documentaries of them...and needless to say we were shocked! The things that vitamins can do for you!

I won't get in to the whole FDA thing. I'm not for them at all, and of course, there is little to no profit in vitamins. I truly believe they want you to be partially sick at all times. Hey, as long as you take medicine, they make money! They'll tell you this and that on vitamins and such.

Well, we know that SOME vitamins have a toxicity (take too much and it can be toxic). However, many vitamins aren't. Welcome vitamin C. We learned so much on C. Did you know that in some cases patients were giving over 100 grams (aka 100,000mg) of vitamin C through an IV and it cured their cancer? Vitamin C is supposed to help with your immune system...it's supposed to be good for your nervous system. I researched Linus Pauling and even read one of his books. Megadoses of Vitamin C seemed to be the answer. So I decided to make myself my own guinea pig.

I learned that the FDA approved 500-1,000mg of Vitamin C a day to help ward off certain diseases...like scurvy. But what about herpes? I had to know. Slowly last year I began to take Vitamin C...and after some time I'd up my dosage. Within months I saw improvement! And it only got better and better. Come May I had no outbreak...then in August I had one. After a span of FOUR MONTHS I didn't have an outbreak! FOUR MONTHS...NO OUTBREAK! Compared to about every month or month and a half...FOUR MONTHS! I KNEW I was on to something. At this time I was taking over 20,000mg (20 grams) of Vitamin C a day.

Now during this time we read where the FDA said megadoses of C could constrict your arteries. I wasn't flinched at all. After all, this is the FDA we're talking about. I don't listen to them when it comes to vitamins and medicine. Like I said, I have my beliefs on them. Besides, I read where people took 90+ GRAMS A DAY for many years with no problems. By the way, the article we read said that they weren't 100% sure on this statement either. So, yeah. As of now I take 38 grams or 38,000mg a day. Yes, 38 pills a day and I plan to up it again!

So my OB heals up in August, I'm now a single man, and I continue increasing my dosage. Ladies and gentlemen, I am now SIX MONTHS...I repeat SIX (6) MONTHS with NO outbreak. Folks, I believe with all my heart I'm on to something here! First off, I went through A LOT of depression and stress between September and December. No OB. I ALSO had strep throat and had 100 to 101 degree fevers daily for almost 2 weeks. Still, NO OUTBREAK! How can it be then, that I was stressed and depressed and sick with high fevers, all of which would cause anyone else an outbreak, yet I didn't?

There is SO MUCH I could say right now...so much I could explain. I know I rarely visit this site, but ladies and gentlemen, I had to make sure this would work before I ever came on here and mentioned it. And now six months straight and no problems, I have beat herpes. I'm NOT, and I repeat I am NOT saying I've cured myself. But I DO NOT take anti-virals...just vitamins. Yes, I take others on top of C.

Many of you have been waiting for a cure...been waiting for an answer. I believe with all my heart that this IS THE ANSWER! We don't know if a cure will ever happen...but why wait? Why suffer until that hopeful day? There is NOTHING we can do to speed up a cure...but there IS something you can do against herpes...VITAMIN C.

Say what you want, think what you want. You can be against me completely...you can call me a liar, this and that...make fun of me. I know what has worked for me and if you so choose to think or talk negative towards me, so be it. I can't control what you say or do. But if ANYONE is interested or wants to try or wants to have some belief in me...then I'll say this...IT WORKS!

A bottle of 500 pills, 1,000mg each costs LESS than $20 at wal-mart (I live in Middle TN so of course prices will vary). IF you do decide to do this you MUST do this daily. Start slow, then gradually build up. Your body will tell you when it's time to up your dosage. It has took me a year to get to where I am, but I've done it...I've beat herpes without ANY medicine. I eat right, I exercise, and I take vitamins and megadoses of vitamin C.

I'll be honest with you, I'd LOVE more than anything to be a motivational speaker on this and I meant that. I would love more than anything to help ANYONE with this disease who wants help. Again, it's NOT a cure, but it is the hope many have waited for until a cure arrives. Yes, after a while it can cost alot (I pay almost 60 a month for it, but it's working so I'm NOT going to stop). I can not promise results will be the same for you as me, considering how and what I eat. I can't promise that after this I won't have an OB. BUT, if I've kept it under control for six months straight, then it's doing something.

You can NOT tell me vitamins don't do anything for diseases. I've proven it to myself! I know they do! How else would I not have an OB for six months when I was having them left and right before? Ladies and gentlement...I don't know what else to say right now. All I can say is, I really hope you all will try this. You do need to eat right though...it seems to help just a little. Exercising as well. But please, if only one of you would hear me...just know, there is hope. You can beat this yourself. Just cause you're not cured doesn't mean you haven't beat it. It doesn't bother me at all that I have it. I know I can kick its butt...I take vitamin C and a lot! I won the battle...I did something I never done before...I took control of it and I didn't need a doctor or medicine. Just good ol' vitamins.

I hope many if not all of you will listen and take to heart what I said. I hope many if not all of you will try this. I will say I rarely get on the internet, as I have to go somewhere for free wi-fi. But now that I've posted this I will try to get on at least once a week if anyone has questions or comments. I will do my very best to get online as much and help and answer anything I can. I want to help! There's no reason why I should sit on this info and not pass it on...I want all of you to beat it just as I did. Be strong, take care, and remember, I have type 2 herpes...but I beat that sucker. I may have an OB sometime down the road...but it's not gonna come up every month or two like it used to. I beat it, and you can and will too! Take care, stay strong, and never give up hope. I didn't...and it's paid off!

package deal

I had HSV for aLMOST 3 YRS AND i EAT 1 ORANGE A DAY AND i HAD only 2 ob in that spand of time so yes I think you have somethiong there

alwaysHaveHope

Wow. Congrats on overcoming that. I currently take 1 vitamin c supplment a day, which isn't alot, but I also take Lysine, garlic capsules, zinc, and tumeric. I have also seen a decline in my coldsores. Vitamins truly are the answer.

Legend

Thanks everyone. First off with the orange...that's good but I've read in too many books that vitamins and vegetables are lower in vitamins than we would like to think. With the way agriculture, pesticides and all that over the years we have ruined our crops and soil. Organics is the way to go!

Vitamin D goes hand in hand with vitamin C so I also take some D. My other main is 1000 mg of lysine as well. I take others but those are the main ones.

I also want to let everyone know I'm a few days shy of SEVEN MONTHS ob free!!! And yet the FDA who is in charge of what's supposedly healthy says its not meant to treat diseases. Yeah, the FDA is full of it. Vitamin C HAS treated my herpes VERY well. 7 months ob free here I come!

Vince29

Congrats on your finding, which sounds quite encouraging!! Besides the decrease in OBs, I also would like to know whether there's also a decrease in *shedding*, as not passing the virus to family or friends is another major concern.

Legend

I'm really not sure about shedding since we really don't know when we shed. At least I don't. However, I'm very careful with my daughter and she is still safe thank God. I would assume since it has cut my outbreaks down drastically that the shedding has probably decreased as well.

Harley1986

Legend, thanks for the info....I have decided to try this. I have also read that taking bioflavinoids with Vit C helps with absorption. It says take 1/2 the dosage of bioflavinoids that your taking of Vit C. I have been taking 1000mg Vit C 4x per day for the last 4 months, and it hasn't touched my constant outbreaks, so I am going to gradually increase my dosage up until I start getting the side effect of loose stools, that is what I read anyway. It says that is the limit your body can take. I hope I can tolerate as much as I need to get this thing under control. So far today, I have taken 3000mg and by the end of the day, I should be up to 14g. I will continue to increase as I go and see what happens. I agree, this sounds like a good solution, so I hope it works for me!!!!

Harley1986

Legend, I have a couple questions:

If the dose you are at right now is working, why are you going to keep increasing? What results are you hoping for when you do this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Legend

Here's how I look at it...yes so far I've been blessed. I'm now officially 7 months ob free. But for how much longer? Will 38g be enough? Will I have an ob next month? Next week? It seems not much research has truly gone into mega c doses vs herpes. Sure some has but how in depth? Too many people rely on doctors and meds to know or care it seems. Who knows maybe at high doses over time will kill it? We don't know for sure but I plan on finding out. I truly believe I can eventually beat this for good. But when will it finally happen? At what dosage? I've been thinking of getting tested if I go a year ob free. I don't feel I'm just prohibiting an outbreak I feel I'm FIGHTING it. I will do what I can to kill it and share my knowledge with the world if I can. I won't quit until I've truly won and even then ill keep going. I too believe every yin has a yang...perhaps this is that for herpes. I won't rely upon doctors to find a cure...I've got to do something and I have. I will win...we will win. Vitamin c can do more than we truly know...perhaps it is the herpes killer. But at what dose?

BranMakMorn

I've stated taking 12 grams a day, and have noticed a bit of an improvement. I have also changed my diet by cutting out most carbs, and living on mostly meat and dairy. I think I will gradually increase it.

Legend
I've stated taking 12 grams a day, and have noticed a bit of an improvement. I have also changed my diet by cutting out most carbs, and living on mostly meat and dairy. I think I will gradually increase it.

I hate to break it to you but while I was reading and learning about vitamins and healthy foods and what not I found that meat is actually very bad for you with all the crap they do to it. I won't explain just if interested check it out for yourself. Oh and dairy...yeah found out dairy really isn't good for you either like the FDA goes out and says.

Not being rude or anything just a few things I read about and watched about during my time of trying to find answers to things.

Also as for increasing my vitamin c...look at it like this as well...I'm not going to give herpes any kind of chance if I can help it!

BranMakMorn

I know the whole alternative health world, according to them nothing in the modern world is good for you. Yet in China and the Middle East they smoke like chimneys and live to 103, and have less heart disease than the UK or America. In France they eat a high fat diet and drink lots of alcohol, yet have less heart disease than the UK or America. Same thing in Mexico, conclusion: speaking English is bad for you.

The Mongols under Ghengis Khan lived on basically nothing but meat and dairy, they were bigger, had stronger bones, better teeth, and more endurance than their neighbours to the south living in agrarian societies because of it. I think today we eat too much processed food.

Harley1986

BranMakMorn,

I agree, I think eating a balanced diet of healthy foods trying to stay organic on most, fruits, veggies, lean meats (no anitbiotics or hormones), low fat dairy (again organic), and whole grains is the best diet. I don't think you can get everything your body needs to be healthy without this balanced diet. I guess you could choose to be a vegetarian, and eat peanut butter for your protien, oh, but wait, those with H can't eat peanuts for fear of an outbreak! Sorry, I am a bit sarcastic here, but that is the truth! Everyone is different, so eat to stay healthy, not eat what others say is healthy.

Legend

Regardless of diet vitamin c seems to be the way to go. As I said I was stressed badly...had fevers and strep throat and still no outbreak. Oh and I eat nuts every month. I don't fear arginine rich foods...I take my lysine as well...so why did I have all this stuff that should cause outbreaks happen and nothing? Why am I eating argenine rich foods and nothing? Cause of the vitamin c I truly believe! Take that herpes! Now I'm working on my 8th month free of an outbreak.

Harley1986
Regardless of diet vitamin c seems to be the way to go. As I said I was stressed badly...had fevers and strep throat and still no outbreak. Oh and I eat nuts every month. I don't fear arginine rich foods...I take my lysine as well...so why did I have all this stuff that should cause outbreaks happen and nothing? Why am I eating argenine rich foods and nothing? Cause of the vitamin c I truly believe! Take that herpes! Now I'm working on my 8th month free of an outbreak.

Legend, actually, I used to eat all the chocolate, peanuts etc I wanted and never got an outbreak associated with those things. I used to get an oubreak once per month around my period. I went through a stressful period in my life and still only outbreaks once per month. My diet was less than healthy at that time. This is what is was like for 11 years of having HSV2, now in the last 18 months, I have constant pain down my right leg all the way to my foot, and outbreak after outbreak, I have not had one break, not even one day from this going on 18 months. It's reaking havoc on my overall attitude. Trying to stay positive, but I have literally tried everything. I have cleaned up my diet and eat the healthiest I have ever eaten in the past year, and still no change in outbreaks. So, I'm not sure what to think. I have started Vit C, and am taking about 24g per day for the past week. The worst part is I have gas terribly, and it is making me want to stop taking so much. I have decreased to 23g starting yesterday, but still gassy. Question: What was your treatment scheudule, meaning how did you build up to what you are at now? How gradual?

Legend

Good question. I started slow of course and slowly built up. It took me close to if not a year to reach where I'm at. I too used to be gassy a lot...but honestly if I juiced some organic carrots n drank that it'd help clear up the gas. I think that's just a nasty side effect but hey I would rather fart than have an outbreak. When I would increase I would only do so when it felt right. Sometimes id stay on a certain amount for a week or two then increase 1 pill at a time. There were times I waited longer to increase. If I was gassy def wouldn't increase. When it died down and I was fine I would look at increasing. And now here I am looking forward to 8 months ob free!

Btw did you jump into 24g? If so you really need to drop it down to 1 or 2 g a day and start slow. I split taking them up w each meal...so yes 3 times a day I take 13g...I went up to 39g a day. I believe healthy eating doesn't affect obs too much...been there done that and it didn't do a whole lot ob wise. I felt great but still had obs. Vitamin c has dropped it down to nil.

Samadhi

Hey thank you for your post. I am so grateful for you sharing that information....wow I can actually feel the energy coming from your writing, I was covered in tingles when I read it! I am certainly giving this a go.

I have had OB on top of OB for months now continually. I am totally against taking the medication however as have had this for months and months now.

I did weaken and took a course of medication which helped clear the OB however I got another OB straight away as well. I took another course of medication and I'm still struggling. I will add here that I am under extreme stress at the moment.

Can you please tell me how much vitamin D you are taking? It seems you can also use Vitamin C topically on the affected area, have you tried that as well?

Thank you so much for your inspirational post. I shall use myself as a guinea pig too and see how I go. I am planning on beating this. It has totally stuffed up my life. I will post periodically how I am going if it will help anyone else I would love to assist.

HavingFaith

Ty for the inspirational post Legend. I'm new to the forums but have been checking in and browsing for many years. I have been living with cold sores for 25 years now and am now willing to take the fight to them. I have been taking Lysine, vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 and Astragulus and Cats claw to keep OBs at bay and its worked well., in fact really well. Of course always be careful taking supplements as mixing them can hurt the liver and kidneys. I don't intend anyone to follow my regime. Like Legend Ive gone on a radical detox. What Ive decided to do is treat cold sores like a cancer so Ive gone on the Budwig protocol, Vitamin B12, Apricot kernels and a limited baking soda regime as well as Avocados every day. I DO NOT recommend the baking soda regime to anyone as too much can cause extreme damage but from my point of view im taking the fight to the Cold sores. With Bitter Apricot kernels only eat a limited amount. Ive gone from a PH of 6 to 7 and 7.5, so i'm definately more alkaline. I'm feeling great but the cold sores have launched their worst attack since i first got them around the age of 15. Every hot spot around the top lip has been activated like an initial attack after first contracting the virus. I definately feel the virurs is struggling, its begging to stay alive. I believe this is the stage the cold sore virus can be killed off for once and for all, its just - well how? Right now im on 3 x 1000mg of lysine a day and zinc cream that's used for nappy rash on the lip. The zinc cream is doing great at keep this is check with the lysine. Many people will have discovered already im sure that using the topical creams commonly sold for coldsores actually spreads them once they are past a certain stage, not so with zinc cream, or at least in my case. I will now try Vitamin C in ever increasing doses to see how this goes. I feel I'm close to really nailing this virus, ive researched it for 25 years so i think there is a chance we can get close to permanent suppressing regimes at least on our own. I will write back soon to let everyone know how the Vitamin c regime goes. Its worth a try. Ty again Legend for offering hope and a ray of light for us all !

Harley1986
Good question. I started slow of course and slowly built up. It took me close to if not a year to reach where I'm at. I too used to be gassy a lot...but honestly if I juiced some organic carrots n drank that it'd help clear up the gas. I think that's just a nasty side effect but hey I would rather fart than have an outbreak. When I would increase I would only do so when it felt right. Sometimes id stay on a certain amount for a week or two then increase 1 pill at a time. There were times I waited longer to increase. If I was gassy def wouldn't increase. When it died down and I was fine I would look at increasing. And now here I am looking forward to 8 months ob free!

Btw did you jump into 24g? If so you really need to drop it down to 1 or 2 g a day and start slow. I split taking them up w each meal...so yes 3 times a day I take 13g...I went up to 39g a day. I believe healthy eating doesn't affect obs too much...been there done that and it didn't do a whole lot ob wise. I felt great but still had obs. Vitamin c has dropped it down to nil.

Legend, I was taking 4g 4x per day for the past 4 months. I read in a couple different places that one should slowly load the body by taking 500mg of C per hour until you get diarehha, at that time, you should reduce it by 500mg and that is what your daily intake should be at that time. It all depends on your body and the illness you are fighting. Plus everyone is different. So, I started taking 1000mg per hour one day, and didn't have diarehha, then the second day I increased to 2000mg per hour, maybe I increased too much, but I am in such pain everyday, that I become a little impatient and want results quickly. I probably need to step back and reduce to the point I don't get gassy like I am. I did have some loose stool yesterday, so decided to reduce from 24 to 23. The gassy stomach is really bad tho, not something I can live with, so I will start reducing back down to 1000mg per hour tomorrow and see if that helps, then go from there. P.S. I agree about the healthy eating thing.... it really doesn't matter much other than it's the right thing to do for overall health.

Thanks for you continued input, I really appreciate it!

Legend

I want to say first off to everyone that has posted thank YOU!

If you want to do some readinf check up on Linus Pauling. He's the biggest reason I began vitamin C. He lived a long life and was taking 16 or 18g of vitamin C daily...course I take over double that! I read one of his books and though it had a lot of info he was so smart he kept putting in stuff that didn't make a whole lot of sense. He also diagrammed atoms and all but whatever.

But yes def check him out. Look into Gerson therapy as well and read up on that. Yet another thing I began doing...minus the enema. Read and you'll understand.

I looked at the vitamin c can cure coalition...I looked at jack lallane (yes the work out guy). I read books by a doctor colbert (what you don't know may be killing you and also toxic relief).

I even have some random books on vitamins. Pretty much here's the deal...

I read all these things and watched videos. To me each system if you will of health had a flaw in my opinion. So what I did is dug out each flaw and combined the systems. Sadly even I don't follow it daily or as I should...and I know its not even perfect.

But what I'm saying is do the research on everything...and if you find ANY flaws on any of it...then fix it...perfect it. By doing so you can launch an attack against herpes unlike any its felt before. I didn't ask for this virus...but this is MY body. And I am giving herpes a fight it has probably never experienced...a massive daily dose of its enemy vitamin c. I couple that with 2200mg of vitamin d and 1g or lysine plus a few other vitamins daily. I will seek out and destroy it.

Perhaps our immune systems can't penetrate the nervous system...not even man made medicine...but what about vitamins? Can they? Not sure but as I said before I read something about vitamin c being good for the nervous system? Maybe...just maybe...vitamins can do what nothing else can...penetrate the nervous system...

Time shall tell...it is now I who has herpes by the throat. I am the one doing the punishing. I am the one now causing the pain. And it hates it. Suppression is weak...fighting and killing herpes is the only way.

If herpes wants a fight then by golly we shall give it one. I will post some lyrics from a song that has become my anthem in my fight...

Never give up. Never give in. Won't stop believing cause I'm gonna win. Sing with my soul, before I get old. What if there's no tomorrow? There is no limit to what can be done. Climb every moutain with power so strong. Dusty roads along the way, leaving your memories behind you.

To all...climb this moutain w a power and determination unlike ever before. There is NO limit to what you can do. Never give up the fight...never give in to herpes. Believe with all your heart...you ARE going to win. When its over leave your memories...your horrible memories of what pain its caused you...leave them all behind you. Sing a song...a happy glorious victory song with all your soul. Tomorrow may never come...but vicotry will.

hopeless269

I take Vitamin C, Lysine and a multiple vitamin everyday and valtrex of course. But how much vitamin C do you take a day? Not sure if you mentioned it but want to know so I can increase and thanks for the info!

Vince29

Hi all, yep I am also in favor of Vit C as a main weapon against hsv. I reckon it's among the best substances for optimizing our immune system, and the greatest thing of all is *it mostly doesn't have secondary effects if consumed in large quantities*. As I also think our intake of Vit C should depend on our age and current weight, Legend could you please tell us those data so we have a clearer idea how much of Vit C would be similarly beneficial for us? Thanks

Harley1986

Legend, when did you start to see results from your Vit C regimine? How long were you on it and at what dosage when your outbreaks stopped and you started counting you 7 months?