My Story On Herpes, Vitamin C, and How I Beat It!!!

3 minutes ago, cracked said:

There is indeed a gene that is hereditary and predisposes some people to have more recurrent outbreaks. 

Which one? Can you link to the research?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legend

• Synchronicity

• Harley1986

• Vince29

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a long post but I hope you will read it all. I also hope you will read it with an open mind. I can NOT prove anything to you, all I can say is you would need to

Regardless of diet vitamin c seems to be the way to go. As I said I was stressed badly...had fevers and strep throat and still no outbreak. Oh and I eat nuts every month. I don't fear arginine rich fo

Ty for the inspirational post Legend. I'm new to the forums but have been checking in and browsing for many years. I have been living with cold sores for 25 years now and am now willing to take the fi

IcantThinkofaName

I have been trying megadosing  C on and off. 

I take a buffered C 1000mg every day. and then some days i take a "pure vit C  USP powder" in water --7g- 10grams  It can upset the stomach, Take with food or get a buffered version.

Does it help? Not really sure. Makes my skin look a little better maybe. Maybe I feel the anti-inflammatory properties.  My last OB healed in 4-5 days which is pretty quick for me- the fastest time yet. But I Still have HSV

Maybe I need to take 20 grams every day for a month or longer?? hmmm

14 minutes ago, cracked said:

Thought it might be this one. Remember this is a correlate style analysis that led to it being termed Cold Sore Susceptibility Gene 1. This in itself was fascinating as it therefore completely dismissed another gene variant APOE4 that was a weaker correlate. Having said that CSSG1 is only a little bit stronger a correlate than APOE4.

There is no CSSG2! Further, the trend in research is now identifying that there may be a stronger correlation of CSSG1 to other factors such that it may not be long before it is found not to be mechanically an issue for herpes outbreak frequency.

The other criticism of the study that is yet to be addressed is that it does not normalise for lifestyle factors, nor does it normalise for strains of HSV-1.

I suspect they will find gene contributions one day, I'm far from convinced it is this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2012 at 5:06 PM, Legend said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a long post but I hope you will read it all. I also hope you will read it with an open mind. I can NOT prove anything to you, all I can say is you would need to try it for yourself. Now, let me begin...

Last year I came on here talking about eating raw foods and ridding yourself of toxins and how that could help with an outbreak. I was wrong. Within 2 months I had an outbreak, and needless to say I was embarrassed. So my ex-girlfriend and I did some more research. After all, I was having an OB every month and half to 2 months and I was sick of it. I even had an OB once, and when it began to scab over I immediately had another! An OB on top of an OB! It was too much!

I refused anti-virals, as for many years I've been against medicine. I took one take of anti-virals and that was enough for me. First off, WAY to expensive! Second, I learned of the long term effects. No thank you! Anyways, we began reading...a LOT of reading on vitamins. We researched them, read of them, watched videos and documentaries of them...and needless to say we were shocked! The things that vitamins can do for you!

I won't get in to the whole FDA thing. I'm not for them at all, and of course, there is little to no profit in vitamins. I truly believe they want you to be partially sick at all times. Hey, as long as you take medicine, they make money! They'll tell you this and that on vitamins and such.

Well, we know that SOME vitamins have a toxicity (take too much and it can be toxic). However, many vitamins aren't. Welcome vitamin C. We learned so much on C. Did you know that in some cases patients were giving over 100 grams (aka 100,000mg) of vitamin C through an IV and it cured their cancer? Vitamin C is supposed to help with your immune system...it's supposed to be good for your nervous system. I researched Linus Pauling and even read one of his books. Megadoses of Vitamin C seemed to be the answer. So I decided to make myself my own guinea pig.

I learned that the FDA approved 500-1,000mg of Vitamin C a day to help ward off certain diseases...like scurvy. But what about herpes? I had to know. Slowly last year I began to take Vitamin C...and after some time I'd up my dosage. Within months I saw improvement! And it only got better and better. Come May I had no outbreak...then in August I had one. After a span of FOUR MONTHS I didn't have an outbreak! FOUR MONTHS...NO OUTBREAK! Compared to about every month or month and a half...FOUR MONTHS! I KNEW I was on to something. At this time I was taking over 20,000mg (20 grams) of Vitamin C a day.

Now during this time we read where the FDA said megadoses of C could constrict your arteries. I wasn't flinched at all. After all, this is the FDA we're talking about. I don't listen to them when it comes to vitamins and medicine. Like I said, I have my beliefs on them. Besides, I read where people took 90+ GRAMS A DAY for many years with no problems. By the way, the article we read said that they weren't 100% sure on this statement either. So, yeah. As of now I take 38 grams or 38,000mg a day. Yes, 38 pills a day and I plan to up it again!

So my OB heals up in August, I'm now a single man, and I continue increasing my dosage. Ladies and gentlemen, I am now SIX MONTHS...I repeat SIX (6) MONTHS with NO outbreak. Folks, I believe with all my heart I'm on to something here! First off, I went through A LOT of depression and stress between September and December. No OB. I ALSO had strep throat and had 100 to 101 degree fevers daily for almost 2 weeks. Still, NO OUTBREAK! How can it be then, that I was stressed and depressed and sick with high fevers, all of which would cause anyone else an outbreak, yet I didn't?

There is SO MUCH I could say right now...so much I could explain. I know I rarely visit this site, but ladies and gentlemen, I had to make sure this would work before I ever came on here and mentioned it. And now six months straight and no problems, I have beat herpes. I'm NOT, and I repeat I am NOT saying I've cured myself. But I DO NOT take anti-virals...just vitamins. Yes, I take others on top of C.

Many of you have been waiting for a cure...been waiting for an answer. I believe with all my heart that this IS THE ANSWER! We don't know if a cure will ever happen...but why wait? Why suffer until that hopeful day? There is NOTHING we can do to speed up a cure...but there IS something you can do against herpes...VITAMIN C.

Say what you want, think what you want. You can be against me completely...you can call me a liar, this and that...make fun of me. I know what has worked for me and if you so choose to think or talk negative towards me, so be it. I can't control what you say or do. But if ANYONE is interested or wants to try or wants to have some belief in me...then I'll say this...IT WORKS!

A bottle of 500 pills, 1,000mg each costs LESS than $20 at wal-mart (I live in Middle TN so of course prices will vary). IF you do decide to do this you MUST do this daily. Start slow, then gradually build up. Your body will tell you when it's time to up your dosage. It has took me a year to get to where I am, but I've done it...I've beat herpes without ANY medicine. I eat right, I exercise, and I take vitamins and megadoses of vitamin C.

I'll be honest with you, I'd LOVE more than anything to be a motivational speaker on this and I meant that. I would love more than anything to help ANYONE with this disease who wants help. Again, it's NOT a cure, but it is the hope many have waited for until a cure arrives. Yes, after a while it can cost alot (I pay almost 60 a month for it, but it's working so I'm NOT going to stop). I can not promise results will be the same for you as me, considering how and what I eat. I can't promise that after this I won't have an OB. BUT, if I've kept it under control for six months straight, then it's doing something.

You can NOT tell me vitamins don't do anything for diseases. I've proven it to myself! I know they do! How else would I not have an OB for six months when I was having them left and right before? Ladies and gentlement...I don't know what else to say right now. All I can say is, I really hope you all will try this. You do need to eat right though...it seems to help just a little. Exercising as well. But please, if only one of you would hear me...just know, there is hope. You can beat this yourself. Just cause you're not cured doesn't mean you haven't beat it. It doesn't bother me at all that I have it. I know I can kick its butt...I take vitamin C and a lot! I won the battle...I did something I never done before...I took control of it and I didn't need a doctor or medicine. Just good ol' vitamins.

I hope many if not all of you will listen and take to heart what I said. I hope many if not all of you will try this. I will say I rarely get on the internet, as I have to go somewhere for free wi-fi. But now that I've posted this I will try to get on at least once a week if anyone has questions or comments. I will do my very best to get online as much and help and answer anything I can. I want to help! There's no reason why I should sit on this info and not pass it on...I want all of you to beat it just as I did. Be strong, take care, and remember, I have type 2 herpes...but I beat that sucker. I may have an OB sometime down the road...but it's not gonna come up every month or two like it used to. I beat it, and you can and will too! Take care, stay strong, and never give up hope. I didn't...and it's paid off!

You broke out on raw because your body was healing. Can't give up because of that. Just letting you know :) your body has to detox, takes time. Maybe even a year. I'm high raw and 1 breakout in 6 months currently. High vit C is awesome too tho. Best wishes! 

IcantThinkofaName

Vitamin C mega does seem to be helping me too, but I have no scientific methods to prove it. Not a cure, but not an OB since starting.

I've done some other drastic things too.... Like 2 colonic sessions within 4 days to beat the yeast.

Not cured, still can feel the virus, probably still shedding and contagious, but not an actual OB for awhile which is rare for me. knock on wood

12 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

Vitamin C mega does seem to be helping me too, but I have no scientific methods to prove it. Not a cure, but not an OB since starting.

I've done some other drastic things too.... Like 2 colonic sessions within 4 days to beat the yeast.

Not cured, still can feel the virus, probably still shedding and contagious, but not an actual OB for awhile which is rare for me. knock on wood

how much is a megadose for you? same amount as OP?

IcantThinkofaName
On 5/12/2018 at 4:27 AM, cathy94 said:

how much is a megadose for you? same amount as OP?

whats OP mean?

for me, depends on brand /freshness but around 4000- 6000mg( varies on my mood  :) ), (one with bioflavinoids)  before I get diarrhea. I've done more (again depends on brand and quality) and had some bad diarrhea.  It will depend on your body weight/mass too of course, food intake. Some days I will take this approx. dose twice if I am nervous and feel an OB coming. I am using esterC  with bioflavinoids powder 1500mg right now and dosing multiple spoonfuls per liquid drink, adding some other natural vit c powder- camu camu.

• 5 months later...
IcantThinkofaName
On 5/14/2018 at 12:07 AM, jxc1337 said:

Fulvic acid is all you need.

I've been taking fulvic acid for months. It did not work. ,I recently had month of  recurring outbreaks, about one new a week for 3 weeks. I had active HSV outbreak for over 30 days. Nothing fucking works. Nothing...

My father would use vitamin c to suppress a constant cough he had.  He refused to go to a dr, but would mix vitamin c (ascorbic acid) in water and drink it, and his coughing would lessen or stop.  When he was autopsied (age 85) the report showed that he had old signs of emphysema in his lungs.  By the time he died, he had long since quit coughing.  So that is pretty good evidence to me that vitamin c can help with emphysema.  Anyway,  my mother used to buy big tubs of ascorbic acid.  I wonder if you have thought about doing that since u r taking so much?  Seems like it would be cheaper.  I think they bought it from Bronsons.  I havent checked current availabity in that form but might think it easier than swallowing so many pills every day.  Thank u so much for your post, and i will definitely try it!

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2012 at 10:06 AM, Legend said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a long post but I hope you will read it all. I also hope you will read it with an open mind. I can NOT prove anything to you, all I can say is you would need to try it for yourself. Now, let me begin...

Last year I came on here talking about eating raw foods and ridding yourself of toxins and how that could help with an outbreak. I was wrong. Within 2 months I had an outbreak, and needless to say I was embarrassed. So my ex-girlfriend and I did some more research. After all, I was having an OB every month and half to 2 months and I was sick of it. I even had an OB once, and when it began to scab over I immediately had another! An OB on top of an OB! It was too much!

I refused anti-virals, as for many years I've been against medicine. I took one take of anti-virals and that was enough for me. First off, WAY to expensive! Second, I learned of the long term effects. No thank you! Anyways, we began reading...a LOT of reading on vitamins. We researched them, read of them, watched videos and documentaries of them...and needless to say we were shocked! The things that vitamins can do for you!

I won't get in to the whole FDA thing. I'm not for them at all, and of course, there is little to no profit in vitamins. I truly believe they want you to be partially sick at all times. Hey, as long as you take medicine, they make money! They'll tell you this and that on vitamins and such.

Well, we know that SOME vitamins have a toxicity (take too much and it can be toxic). However, many vitamins aren't. Welcome vitamin C. We learned so much on C. Did you know that in some cases patients were giving over 100 grams (aka 100,000mg) of vitamin C through an IV and it cured their cancer? Vitamin C is supposed to help with your immune system...it's supposed to be good for your nervous system. I researched Linus Pauling and even read one of his books. Megadoses of Vitamin C seemed to be the answer. So I decided to make myself my own guinea pig.

I learned that the FDA approved 500-1,000mg of Vitamin C a day to help ward off certain diseases...like scurvy. But what about herpes? I had to know. Slowly last year I began to take Vitamin C...and after some time I'd up my dosage. Within months I saw improvement! And it only got better and better. Come May I had no outbreak...then in August I had one. After a span of FOUR MONTHS I didn't have an outbreak! FOUR MONTHS...NO OUTBREAK! Compared to about every month or month and a half...FOUR MONTHS! I KNEW I was on to something. At this time I was taking over 20,000mg (20 grams) of Vitamin C a day.

Now during this time we read where the FDA said megadoses of C could constrict your arteries. I wasn't flinched at all. After all, this is the FDA we're talking about. I don't listen to them when it comes to vitamins and medicine. Like I said, I have my beliefs on them. Besides, I read where people took 90+ GRAMS A DAY for many years with no problems. By the way, the article we read said that they weren't 100% sure on this statement either. So, yeah. As of now I take 38 grams or 38,000mg a day. Yes, 38 pills a day and I plan to up it again!

So my OB heals up in August, I'm now a single man, and I continue increasing my dosage. Ladies and gentlemen, I am now SIX MONTHS...I repeat SIX (6) MONTHS with NO outbreak. Folks, I believe with all my heart I'm on to something here! First off, I went through A LOT of depression and stress between September and December. No OB. I ALSO had strep throat and had 100 to 101 degree fevers daily for almost 2 weeks. Still, NO OUTBREAK! How can it be then, that I was stressed and depressed and sick with high fevers, all of which would cause anyone else an outbreak, yet I didn't?

There is SO MUCH I could say right now...so much I could explain. I know I rarely visit this site, but ladies and gentlemen, I had to make sure this would work before I ever came on here and mentioned it. And now six months straight and no problems, I have beat herpes. I'm NOT, and I repeat I am NOT saying I've cured myself. But I DO NOT take anti-virals...just vitamins. Yes, I take others on top of C.

Many of you have been waiting for a cure...been waiting for an answer. I believe with all my heart that this IS THE ANSWER! We don't know if a cure will ever happen...but why wait? Why suffer until that hopeful day? There is NOTHING we can do to speed up a cure...but there IS something you can do against herpes...VITAMIN C.

Say what you want, think what you want. You can be against me completely...you can call me a liar, this and that...make fun of me. I know what has worked for me and if you so choose to think or talk negative towards me, so be it. I can't control what you say or do. But if ANYONE is interested or wants to try or wants to have some belief in me...then I'll say this...IT WORKS!

A bottle of 500 pills, 1,000mg each costs LESS than $20 at wal-mart (I live in Middle TN so of course prices will vary). IF you do decide to do this you MUST do this daily. Start slow, then gradually build up. Your body will tell you when it's time to up your dosage. It has took me a year to get to where I am, but I've done it...I've beat herpes without ANY medicine. I eat right, I exercise, and I take vitamins and megadoses of vitamin C.

I'll be honest with you, I'd LOVE more than anything to be a motivational speaker on this and I meant that. I would love more than anything to help ANYONE with this disease who wants help. Again, it's NOT a cure, but it is the hope many have waited for until a cure arrives. Yes, after a while it can cost alot (I pay almost 60 a month for it, but it's working so I'm NOT going to stop). I can not promise results will be the same for you as me, considering how and what I eat. I can't promise that after this I won't have an OB. BUT, if I've kept it under control for six months straight, then it's doing something.

You can NOT tell me vitamins don't do anything for diseases. I've proven it to myself! I know they do! How else would I not have an OB for six months when I was having them left and right before? Ladies and gentlement...I don't know what else to say right now. All I can say is, I really hope you all will try this. You do need to eat right though...it seems to help just a little. Exercising as well. But please, if only one of you would hear me...just know, there is hope. You can beat this yourself. Just cause you're not cured doesn't mean you haven't beat it. It doesn't bother me at all that I have it. I know I can kick its butt...I take vitamin C and a lot! I won the battle...I did something I never done before...I took control of it and I didn't need a doctor or medicine. Just good ol' vitamins.

I hope many if not all of you will listen and take to heart what I said. I hope many if not all of you will try this. I will say I rarely get on the internet, as I have to go somewhere for free wi-fi. But now that I've posted this I will try to get on at least once a week if anyone has questions or comments. I will do my very best to get online as much and help and answer anything I can. I want to help! There's no reason why I should sit on this info and not pass it on...I want all of you to beat it just as I did. Be strong, take care, and remember, I have type 2 herpes...but I beat that sucker. I may have an OB sometime down the road...but it's not gonna come up every month or two like it used to. I beat it, and you can and will too! Take care, stay strong, and never give up hope. I didn't...and it's paid off!

I've read accounts of holistic treatments using IV vit C and certain amino acids.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2012 at 10:38 PM, stacy1606 said:

congrats, that's awesome. I truly believe the only way we can beat this is by turning ourselves into guinea pigs. I went 15 yrs + with 1-3 outbreaks PER MONTH. With every outbreak came fatique, headaches, body aches. I pretty much felt like crap all the time. I HAD been outbreak free for close to 6 years. I started drinking herbalife meal replacement shakes a few months ago not realizing that soy protein contained a high ratio of Argentine. I have not been taking vitamin C although I will add it to my regime. I discovered Nuts and sun exposure would give me a breakout almost exactly 2 weeks after exposure. Small amount of peanut butter would be ok, but as soon as I eat walnuts or pine nuts, I'd trigger it. I allow myself 10 minutes max in the pool and I try to keep my lower half submerged. No more sun bathing. I take Lysine and olive leaf every day. I swear by the olive leaf. I also take a pro-biotic to boost my immune system. I can't tell you the last time I was sick....well except with this recent herbalife outbreak, made me feel like i had the flu for a week.

So ur saying the herbalife was the key?? Olive leaf extract and pro biotic are good? How many mgs of Lysine did you take a day? 

On 5/23/2012 at 9:41 PM, Toro said:

Legend, I think that you are right about suppresive cure for herpes with vitamin C . I quitted taking 500 mg Valtrex suppresive daily therapy and started taking GNC tablet Vitamin C 1000mg X 3 daily. A week now and didn't feel an ob yet. Hope not :) Do you have any advice about my in take of Vit. C? If this really works, believe me you will really be a legend! Thanks in advance.

This post was 7 years ago.I am now taking Amenalief daily.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...