Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finallyhopeful

Can there be too much of a good thing?

5 posts in this topic

Since my virus has gone active, I have been doing research about medications and supplements that help. I now have a basket full of pill bottles that could put any senior citizen to shame. Here are the things I am taking:

Valtrex

Lysine

Garlic

Olive leaf extract

Echinacea

Ginseng

Daily multivitamin

Astragalus

Biotin (in case the valtrex messes with my hair)

Does anyone else take this many things to try to control their virus? Does it seem okay to take this many supplements? I'm just looking for the right combo to become as ob free as possible.

Thanks for the help!

Hey! I'm doing a very similar regiment of multi-vitamins myself. Technically you can never take too many however you may be peeing away a lot of your money if you're taking a large amount of all of them on a regular bases. I try to make sure I take my supplements with a meal, follow the amount recommended and exercise daily. Taking so many won't harm you but your body can only absorb so much, just be sure your not over doing it and wasting your money.

Ps. Everyones different however I find it make a big difference in the duration of my outbreaks.

Take this list to your doctor or pharmacist and ask there input. Perhaps there are things on this list that should not be taken together or some things that cancel out the others. Only they would be able to tell you.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

I can't speak for anyone else buy im lazy by nature. That much stuff I cannot keep up with. HOWEVER,.. many of the things you've listed are sold in combination form. Ie. the lysine I take has echinacea, garlic (i think) propolis, etc already in it so maybe you can search for herbals /vitamins that combine these things.

Ooooh! Good idea! I'll look for those!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Livenhappy
      I wait until they go away.  I don't want to mess with healing by having the scabs disturbed by sex. 
    • Yada
      I was curious if those of you who use herbal treatment have tried St. John's Wort (Hypericum Perforatum.) I vaguely remember the herbalist Rosemary Gladstar years ago saying that in conjunction with Burdock root tincture was a good treatment. Especially knowing that St Johns Wort is an antiviral, Burdock I used to treat skin conditions ( though it's slow working) Anyone tried this? its blooming right now so I'm going to make an oil out of the flowers to try on outbreaks. I did start the tincture yesterday too. I already take Echinacea tincture for my immune system.  Any input on what herbs you have tried would be great!  Thanks!  
    • coffeeunicorncandy
      Take the precautions. You can't find out where he has it unless he had an outbreak. The outbreak reveals the locations. thus, take every single precaution you can! If you get it, you may end up resenting him... Which will be exhausting and will probably kill the relationship. i would tell him he can't use spit as lube either. Use dental dams and condoms. Better safe than sorry, trust me. I got genital hsv 1 from my boyfriend who is asymptomatic (aka never had a cold sore, never had anything on his genitals).
    • edcoop
      hey all! found another thread in this forum with alot more up to date info about Dr. Halford's vaccine trial - check out page # 14 & 15 (hopefully the info there is real).  
    • Yada
      I'm glad to hear you have your results back. It sounds like we are both in the same boat, had it but didn't realize what it was since our OB were not major. That is good for us, though now we both put others at risk as a result. I'd imagine this is why it spreads, it seems so easy to overlook.  As you know, my boyfriend took it well. It took me 2 days of arming myself with info and we talked about it over a glass of wine. I stayed very positive and upbeat about it. i put together a bunch of links to websites before we talked in a text, and after we talked I sent him the text and he took some quiet time on the couch and read them. He was fine with it, very supportive and loving. Then he went to get tested.  The best thing you can do is just keep on living your life. Nothing about you has changed , you're still you!!! 
    • Yada
      Question- how long does everyone wait to resume sex after an outbreak? Do you wait until the sores have returned to normal skin? Or do you wait until they just scab over and the swelling: itching goes away?
    • Yada
      Thanks so much for your support!! I know how easy it was to overlook the bumps, I did it for so long as they were so tiny and I too blamed shaving, rough sex etc. I always thought herpes was like the extreme photos we see in the Internet- and it's not!! from my experience, the outbreaks have pretty much gone away through the years, my husband that passed away never had any sores or lesions, so if he did have it than he was a dormant carrier.  Good luck to you!
    • Yada
      Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Aces. It's nice to hear that you can be in a relationship and not pass it on, out of curiosity, do you take the suppressant? Would it be beneficial to do at this pint for me if he does come back negative and I've had it so long? I didn't know you become less contagious the longer you have it, that makes me feel hopeful that I have not passed it on. We'll see. The sore he had on his prnos went away in less than 20 hours, but who knows. Do swab tests come back fast?  thanks again!    
    • Whoreallyknows
      I'm here with you. Was diagnosed last week....female 25 as well...birthday is Sunday. But I'm in ohio. You're not alone!
    • luvlost
      They say that they dont do western bolts i been taking the valtrex they gave me everyday. Tmi but i busted the bump under my arm pit blood & puss started coming out the bump was really hard and my arm had a shooting stabbing pain in one spot then that occurred. 2 weeks ago i tested positive for hsv2 low 1.37 they say it was blood work i went and got tested because i had a blister on my vagina lip im just curious thats the only vaginal outbreak i got if it's genital why did i get it on my arm. Now i have a small blister on my forearm
  • Featured