Christians with herpes

Hi!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a Christian (and, of course, I have herpes....)so if anyone wants to discuss things of a Christian nature (Generally, or related to herpes...) I would welcome that. I have been a Christian for about 11 years.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lilome

• MsLucy

• Hugo

• GodIsMerciful

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Being Christian and having herpes is somewhat of a contradiction." I'm not sure I follow that. Sure, the prevalent ignorant and unfair stigma we hear about gives the impression that people who get he

Hi! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a Christian (and, of course, I have herpes....)so if anyone wants to discuss things of a Christian nature (Generally, or related to herpes...) I would

i'm a Christian with herpes also. i probably got herpes before i became a Christian - but never had an outbreak until after i'd been married for 4 years. but if i hadn't gotten it before my marriage

Christian discussion

May I ask how old you are? I'm 51. I met my first husband IN CHURCH. HE is the one who gave it to me. I married him when I was 27. The marriage lasted only one month. Please let me know which way you would like to take this discussion as I can identify.

Thanks.

Christian too

It seems that I relate most here. Being Christian and having herpes is somewhat of a contradiction. It is for me, anyway. It is like an identity crisis. I suppose that bad things happen to good people all the time. Still, I feel like if anyone found out it would disgrace my religion. Ever felt that way?

i'm a Christian with herpes also. i probably got herpes before i became a Christian - but never had an outbreak until after i'd been married for 4 years. but if i hadn't gotten it before my marriage, my husband probably would have given it to me...both of us were promiscuous before meeting Christ. i don't think it disgraces my religion, i think it proves it - we all make mistakes. that's why Christ died for us, because none of us are perfect. and in Him is where i find my forgiveness. yes i'm still dealing with the consequences of my sin...but i am forgiven. and i can have peace in the fact that my past has been forgotten by Him. it's just trying to forget it myself that i'm still working on. ;)

Christian

Getting herpes has severely affected my faith. I loved and lived for god before I got this. Now I find it hard to believe in god. How could god allow such a disgusting thing to exist, and to arise from making love with someone. Love, the one thing that is to conquer all evil. I've never given my body lightly, I've had to feel love for someone. It hurts. It hurts so deeply.

"Being Christian and having herpes is somewhat of a contradiction." I'm not sure I follow that. Sure, the prevalent ignorant and unfair stigma we hear about gives the impression that people who get herpes are promiscuous and immoral, but that's baloney. I got herpes from the first woman I had sex with and she was my wife. This was after decades of marriage! I was faithful...she wasn't, simple as that. I had done nothing wrong and still got it.

I think it doesn't make much difference given that something like 1/4 of the adult population here has genital herpes, whether they know it or not.

Becoming a Christian doesn't cure herpes and it doesn't make you immune to it, even through transmission paths that are not considered immoral by most Christians.

Relax. Simply having herpes doesn't make you a bad person and it's not a punishment from God. My God doesn't work that way and I hope yours doesn't either.

• Like 2

Tohealth,

THANK you for pointing out the atrocities happening in Sudan right now. I am a huge advocate for the people of Darfur and try to get the word out there that GENOCIDE is happening right now, right this second, and nobody is doing a damn thing about it!!!!!! Where are all the so-called "religious leaders" who tout peace and love and good will when it comes to Sudan?!?! What are they doing (don't get me wrong, I know there are people of all races colors and creeds trying to make a difference as well as just basic awareness for the plight of the people of darfur....but there are a hell of alot more people sitting on their asses doing NOTHING!)

In another section on here, I ranted about the whole "prayer' thing...getting a group of people together to "pray" for us all to have healing from our herpes. While herpes sucks, and I wish it were gone forever from planet earth, at the same time, there ARE way worse things happening in the world....Darfur being just one example....that I would rather use up a prayer for THEM, and not for my sore vagina!

My faith has been tested today due to the fact that a family friend has a toddler of 3 who is going to die in a matter of days due to a brain tumor. I am so pissed that such an angelic child is going to gone from this earth and never live to her full potential, meanwhile we have rapists and killers living until ripe old ages and contributing NOTHING to society....I really have to ask, WHERE IS GOD?!! WHY!?!? I am so upset, and have been crying all day, but I still pray for some sort of miracle. I would rather she lived and became a wonderful, amazing adult, then my herpes to be cured. Does that make any sense? I sure hope so.

AS you can see, I am extremely upset, so I apologize for the verbal diarrhea. But yea, I can't agree with you more.....while I am not an atheist per se, (I have my own blend of beliefs and ideas and it works for me!) I think loss of faith shouldn't come from stupid herpes, but from the atrocities man commits against each other, and nature.

For the record, I'm an atheist and don't care what god anybody claims. But what perplexes the hell out of me is how so many Christians seem to require hardship to land on THEIR doorstep before doubting faith is warranted. This seems really, really cold. What about 3 year old girls in Sudan who are being gang raped by soldiers to the point of going mute? This prevailing reality (etc.) doesn't affect your faith? But herpes happening to YOU DOES?

Absolutely unbelievable.

So you are asking, 'Why do you believe in God at all?" As a believer, I don't understand why things like that happen to this poor girl, nor do I understand why any bad has to happen to anyone. Perhaps the soldiers themselves don't believe in God, I don't know.

If I may, (without starting an entirely new discussion for another website) let me say this to you as an "Atheist". A HUGE part of having faith is believing in your heart, not in your head. I know that many who don't believe feel this is 'silly' and 'foolish', but when you do know God, it's something you feel in your heart. We as human beings only understand our world in our context, God has a much broader understanding than all of us and someday everything will make sense.

Using your same logic as to the existence/non-existence of God due to such horrible atrocities, couldn't it be answered yes He does exist by the examples of true acts of kindness by other human beings i.e. the donation of an organ, the act of giving, the true gift of love?

Oh no. Nobody has to explain to me why they believe in god and I didn't ask that, nor am I actually even interested in the answer. What I pondered was why X can cause a person to doubt their faith, but Y can't---when X (innocent children violated) is by all human estimations totally more cruel and sufferring-generating than Y (a person getting HSV).

I agree, but there are examples out there that give you faith in God at the same time. God is hope.

More often than not, I argue, war is fought exactly by people who DO believe in god. That's usually why they are fighting. What proportion of wars in history were between a bunch of secularists?

I have no idea, I know that this country (nor GW) is leading a crusade against Muslims and I don't know of a war that we have been involved in due our faith vs their faith. So I guess we were secularists when we were involved in all of our wars.

Yep. And that is exactly what scares the crap out of me. The last thing I ever care to do, is live in a world where people act out of their heart. It is the most dangerous and the most evil thing I have ever seen in my life. Hitler in his heart believed he was right---there wasn't a drop of science to back up a single thing the Nazi's did, in fact just the opposite. People in their heart believe that women's genitals should be sawed off with tin can lids and sewn shut because god didn't intend for women to have sexual sensations or to actually choose to have sex with whomever and whenever she decided. A bunch of Israelies believe in their heart that god deeded them some land. A bunch of white South Africans believed the same. As did the mother of them all in my country, the Christian immigrant white, in the name of whose religion it commited the greatest human slaughter in recorded human history: 70 - 100 million (no, that is not a typo and you can find it on your own out of the mouths of our own American historians) Native Americans.

Yet liberalisms entire doctrine is based on what they feel, claiming people like GW and Cheney have no heart. I'm sure you wouldn't identify yourself with the right though, would you?

Hmmm, there's some insight to some guilt and hate you have to the U.S. As a descendant of both, I can tell you I have no ill feelings towards the white man, nor do I self-loathe.

The problem is, who is to decide who REALLY knows god. George Bush claims he talks to god and is lead by god. Jews say they KNOW god. Muslims say they KNOW god. Christians say they do. These people fight and kill more than anybody else I am aware of. Who's right? Unfortunately, I'm drifting off the HSV topic certainly.

Yeah, as I predicted to myself you would. May I invite you to another chatroom where you can express your political views?

...so you BELIEVE, which again, rises no further in nobility than all the other deeply held beliefs I've mentioned. Plus, the thing that kills me is when a Christian says, for example, that some atrocity "happened for a reason" that we just can't understand. Bullsh!t. Who the hell is any Christian to volunteer somebody else's suffering as some kind of secret lesson or "illustration" to the rest of us. If a 3 yr old wants to say "I was tortured to death because god has a bigger plan for you all", fine. But IMO, ONLY that 3 yr old has the right to sum up her experience like that. NOT somebody like the typical Christian well-fed fat@$$ American who has never had a bomb drop in their back yard or lived through a famine or watched their children hacked up.

You really have hatred towards Christians, don't you? Contrary to popular belief, Americans did not invent Christianity.

Actually, my atheism is not based on 'unjust atrocities', believe it or not. I'm not mad with some supposed god for not protecting me or somebody else. This may be the case for some atheists, but it's not my position. I do however feel moved to call out what I see as inconsistencies in others' positions around "faith" (as I tried to do here).

Who are you mad at, besides Christians?

This is a great example of why..

another herpes forum that I'm familiar with prohibits discussion of religion and politics. It's just too easy to get the discussion careening off the track. It's unfortunate, too, that religion and politics get so intertwined and people generally don't change their minds about either.

I agree, but there are examples out there that give you faith in God at the same time. God is hope.?

And cream cheese contains cheese---This is completely irrelevant. Your “response” is completely illogical. It has absolutely nothing to do with the comment to which you are responding. I candidly say this is a serious logic deficit and it precludes serious conversation—about HSV or anything else. Basic conversation needs to at least obey ordinary rules of logic to be intelligent. For the record, I don’t tolerate illogic well AT ALL.

I have no idea, I know that this country (nor GW) is leading a crusade against Muslims and I don't know of a war that we have been involved in due our faith vs their faith. So I guess we were secularists when we were involved in all of our wars.

Wow. (first of all, start with this: http://www.amazon.com/American-Holocaust-Conquest-New-World/dp/0195085574) Another plain irrelevancy. It’s nearly unbelievable. Who alleged a “crusade”? Do you understand the definition of a COUNTEREXAMPLE and its function in a sentence? Do you understand that if one is describing the sensation of “cold”, that they might refer to “ice”? They are not interested in the TOPIC ice. They are interested in “COLDNESS”. Can you simply discern an actual TOPIC—which I believe was quite clear in this forum up until your post-- from an ANALOGY or ANECDOTE or COUNTEREXAMPLE, or is that somehow intellectually arduous? My comment invoking Bush was ILLUSTRATIVE. I’m quite capable of talking directly and in great detail about Bush and nearly every person in his administration—heck, including all the people he’s fired who AREN’T in his administration-- if I choose to. I don’t choose to. My comment USED Bush as an example of the ACTUAL SUB-TOPIC on the table, which by the way YOU introduced: an individual alleging divine direction from the heart in his conduct, <<which in my Bush counterexample, arguably has had a supremely hellish outcome.>> Please try and follow the LOGIC of these sentences vs. the visceral reaction they reflexively engender in you. When communicating plain sentences are really all you ever clearly have.

Yet liberalisms entire doctrine is based on what they feel, claiming people like GW and Cheney have no heart. I'm sure you wouldn't identify yourself with the right though, would you?”

Ok so now the topic has switched to me and “liberals” and your assumption that (a) I am a liberal, (B) that whatever some liberals have said, I probably endorse, and © a non-clever attempt to “entrap” me by imposing on ME some responsibility to explain what YOU say some OTHER people with whom I’m SUPPOSED to be politically aligned, said about Cheney? Sweetheart, as fabulous as I am, I’m afraid I’m not the topic. And if I actually DID explain my political disposition, quite individual and nontraditional as it is, I trust you would HARDLY understand it, since you haven’t even managed to track the basic arguments here.

Hmmm, there's some insight to some guilt and hate you have to the U.S. As a descendant of both, I can tell you I have no ill feelings towards the white man, nor do I self-loathe.

Again, off topic. Off main topic, off subtopic and just off. The entire sentence illustrates nothing, and informs the discussion in no way except to illustrate abject distraction.

It was a CHRISTIAN who started this thread. A fair question was posed to a CHRISTIAN about how HSV rocked her faith, while (presumably) matters like Darfur didn’t. No explanation was offered. But topic avoidance here, as you show so well, is not rare. Incidentally, Darfur is a worthy topic. Hell, it’s even a worthy off topic. What you are saying (whatever it is) however, is not, IMO.

And cream cheese contains cheese---This is completely irrelevant. Your “response” is completely illogical. It has absolutely nothing to do with the comment to which you are responding. I candidly say this is a serious logic deficit and it precludes serious conversation—about HSV or anything else. Basic conversation needs to at least obey ordinary rules of logic to be intelligent. For the record, I don’t tolerate illogic well AT ALL.

Wow. (first of all, start with this: http://www.amazon.com/American-Holocaust-Conquest-New-World/dp/0195085574) Another plain irrelevancy. It’s nearly unbelievable. Who alleged a “crusade”? Do you understand the definition of a COUNTEREXAMPLE and its function in a sentence? Do you understand that if one is describing the sensation of “cold”, that they might refer to “ice”? They are not interested in the TOPIC ice. They are interested in “COLDNESS”. Can you simply discern an actual TOPIC—which I believe was quite clear in this forum up until your post-- from an ANALOGY or ANECDOTE or COUNTEREXAMPLE, or is that somehow intellectually arduous? My comment invoking Bush was ILLUSTRATIVE. I’m quite capable of talking directly and in great detail about Bush and nearly every person in his administration—heck, including all the people he’s fired who AREN’T in his administration-- if I choose to. I don’t choose to. My comment USED Bush as an example of the ACTUAL SUB-TOPIC on the table, which by the way YOU introduced: an individual alleging divine direction from the heart in his conduct, <<which in my Bush counterexample, arguably has had a supremely hellish outcome.>> Please try and follow the LOGIC of these sentences vs. the visceral reaction they reflexively engender in you. When communicating plain sentences are really all you ever clearly have.

Ok so now the topic has switched to me and “liberals” and your assumption that (a) I am a liberal, (B) that whatever some liberals have said, I probably endorse, and © a non-clever attempt to “entrap” me by imposing on ME some responsibility to explain what YOU say some OTHER people with whom I’m SUPPOSED to be politically aligned, said about Cheney? Sweetheart, as fabulous as I am, I’m afraid I’m not the topic. And if I actually DID explain my political disposition, quite individual and nontraditional as it is, I trust you would HARDLY understand it, since you haven’t even managed to track the basic arguments here.

Again, off topic. Off main topic, off subtopic and just off. The entire sentence illustrates nothing, and informs the discussion in no way except to illustrate abject distraction.

It was a CHRISTIAN who started this thread. A fair question was posed to a CHRISTIAN about how HSV rocked her faith, while (presumably) matters like Darfur didn’t. No explanation was offered. But topic avoidance here, as you show so well, is not rare. Incidentally, Darfur is a worthy topic. Hell, it’s even a worthy off topic. What you are saying (whatever it is) however, is not, IMO.

God bless you.

To Jen T and Two Stars

I'm a Christian female with herpes. I responded to your post then left for a funeral and the a strange thing happened...there was a bunch of talk about things that didn't help me one bit in either my love for Christ or my struggle with Herpes. I came here to find others like me so that I can relate and not feel so alone as a Christian with Herpes. I don't plan to change being a Christian and am unable to change the Herpes situation. I'm not about coming in here and judging anyone for their beliefs or non-beliefs or feelings about their beliefs or this disease. I don't want to argue or debate about my pain or my love for Jesus and how it feels like a contradiction to me. I suppose that if I wanted to argue then I would find a thread for it and discuss it there. If either of you would like to discuss your love for the Lord or your pain/process in dealing with this disease then I would be up for that. I'm not one of those who believes that I will pray and Jesus will take away the Herpes from the world. I'm just trying to work through what it is that I need to learn from this experience. I hope that all of the interesting twists and turns in this thread doesn't keep you from sharing. I enjoyed your posts and hope to see you in here again.

• Like 1

To: Shasha and Newtothis

I apologize if I left you out or anyone else out there who wanted to discuss love for or personal struggles with Christianity. I got lost in the discussion when it got off topic. Didn't mean to exclude you or anyone who would like to talk on Topic. Shasha, your comments were helpful. Newtothis, Thanks for not arguing your differing opinion. I appreciate your honesty and respect since you voiced your opinion without judgement. I've learned a bit from you.

I don't mind the others posting anywhere they want. It is America so differing religious opinions are what make this the place I want to live. I probably will not respond to the others as I'm here for help and entertaining as that isn't what I want here. I'm hoping that you will both keep posting.

Learning tools

Struggles don't make us bad Christians. We come here on earth to learn. We don't learn by being perfect. I learn more from my mistakes and people who disagree with me than the things I've already mastered and those who only see my point of view. I might enjoy the things that I've mastered and those that agree with me but they don't shine much light on my personal growth.

Judgement over a statement by people who assume more than they should seems to be the culture here. Much gets lost in the communication in threads with only a few words that don't capture the essence of a person.

I'm new to the thread thing and am still learning this so I'm probably not the best advisor but...I'm trying to keep an open mind. We've all got different points of view. Sometimes I learn from others here that someone has some other view that I want. This usually happens when their view is more positive than mine. Sometimes I learn that anothers view is such that it confirms for me that I'm glad that I have my view and it is usually because I recognize negativity in them that I've outgrown. In a strange way they actually help me to count my blessings. It makes me remember that things could be worse because I could be like them.

When I'm faced with the feeling that you expressed I try to remember to ask myself why do I care what others think? Do I value their opinions more than our own? Our values become our actions so it is important for me to keep mine in check. I'm not above allowing myself to stoop to low levels when my temper gets the best of me but when I step back and remember to ask myself these questions, it always puts my emotions in check. If only my ability to do this was constant then I would never be affected by offensive words. I'm working on it so I do understand that it is easier said than done. I just thought that I would say it anyway. It helps me to remember it better when I say it/write it out loud.

• 3 weeks later...

It is human to err

I don't think got is to blame for our misfortunes. I am a Christian who has made her own mistakes. God created us in his own image. It is human corruption that is destroying our planet. Jesus sacrificed himself to save us and forgive our sins. I believe in BALANCE. Practicing it is a little more difficult. My point is, without bad there will be no good. There is a purpose for everything. It is up to us to find it and turn it for the best. I think our worst evil is ourselves...self-hatred and self-loath. We have to learn to forgive ourselves. Our dissatisfactions could lead to the tides of our own misery and hence depression. We have to try to fight it. We have to look for the bright side and make positive changes. If someone knocks you down, try to stand up again. It is not easy, but you will find people to help you along the way. Smile. Everything is going to be alright.

yeah... uh..so ..i see some people can't read

First off, i want to say I am not judging anyone and their beliefs when i say this i'm just expressing mine. "Keeping the Faith" SO does not mean "Let me stop in here and create ways to point fingers at the christians" As humans our nature is to try and figure out why. Try to make sence of everything, but Faith is the substance of things HOPED for the evidence of things NOT seen. As a logical person, even if you looked up the word faith in websters thats basically what it would say. We are looking at the glass half full. Yes there are young children getting gang-raped in Sudan, yes Africa is dying of aids as a nation, Yes, young woman are being raped and killed everyday right off the shores of the US and Mexico. Yes, young black men are getting shot 50 times with no gun in hand, and no weapon at all for that matter, Yes, global warming is slowly bringing nature to its end, Yes, heart disease is the leading cause of death for women today, Yes, 1 out of 4 people are infected with Herpes and most don't know it. Is one more serious than the other? Isn't death the same end for all these horrible things?? Yep. So what do we do about it. The bible says the Prayers of the righteous availeth much. I'm gonna try my best to stay righteous and pray til i can't pray no more. I want to, but i can't go over to Sudan myself and rescue these children. I don't have the money, nor the strength or enough weapons to fight off those demons who are doing this to this generation but what i can do I will. Let's not shoot each other down for NOT doing or being able to do, but let's build each other up for what we are doing or trying to do. I have been a christian for ten years now and JESUS is the best thing that EVER happened to me. You better believe that!

Keep it simple

Someone sounds angry. I am not attacking, just simply venting like most of us. I am also just trying to comfort others as well as myself. I too am angry but hopeful. If we want to build each other up, we have to start with our neighbors and ourselves. Prayers are very helpful. Missionaries and volunteers are also out there to help when we do not have the resources.

I contracted H and felt ashamed when near family and church members. I finally realized I shouldn't be. Even though I will not brag about it, I feel others should be sensitive when approached. They should be supportive not judgemental. I know I am a good person despite the virus. The adjustment period is difficult. Need a hug or just a shoulder to lean on.

My take on religion (any religion)

Just remember that it was Noah and his family that brought Herpes on the Ark, along with all the other communicable diseases.

Matt 21:22: "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (ASV)

Does prayer work?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2002901053_pray31.html

I guess I just get upset when I’m told that people deserve what they get, in some way it’s “Gods” judgment. This is completely ridiculous. Turtles have a type of Herpes that disfigures them, are they being judged by a god? Absolutely not, it’s just another organism that is doing what it needs to do to survive, nothing more. The point is that if faith healing as described in the Bible worked, then Christians and Jews would have significantly better health and a greater life expectancy as compared with Atheists, Humanists, secularists and Agnostics. There is not a shred of evidence that this is the case.

• 6 months later...
Getting herpes has severely affected my faith. I loved and lived for god before I got this. Now I find it hard to believe in god. How could god allow such a disgusting thing to exist, and to arise from making love with someone. Love, the one thing that is to conquer all evil. I've never given my body lightly, I've had to feel love for someone. It hurts. It hurts so deeply.

I understand you completely. This will pass with time. You have to understand that God IS love, just like you've always believed, but evil and sin in the world is to blame for what happened to us. I used to think God was punishing me, but I punish myself more than what God ever would. I was angry with God, if God wanted to get my attention, then WHY couldn't he have chosen something else?! But you know what? When I start to question my faith and God's mercy I think, it could have been worse. I certainly could've gotten HIV or pregnant or anything at all!

This hurts bad. Very deeply. But, you will learn to love and accept yourself, flaws and all, and then God will teach you to love again. Promise...;)

I hope this person (tohealth) doesn't spew anymore anti-God babble. This person's reply to newtothis was totally inappropriate and disheartening. She came to this forum seeking SPIRITUAL encouragement from FELLOW believers. Not haters like you, tohealth. If you don't understand God, then DONT try to answer on his behalf. Yes, we care about Darfur and other atrocities in the world, but THIS is not the time nor place. We seek love and understanding about our conditions as it correlates to what (and Whom) we believe. Herpes is already hard enough to wrap the mind around and to deal with emotionally and spiritually. Its HARD thing to reconcile with oneself. DONT make it harder, hater. That is OFFENSIVE. Do not judge us for our beliefs, and stop sounding so sanctimonious. If you want to talk about Darfur, find a forum for that. You have no IDEA how something like herpes can rock your faith. Even without beleiving, it rocks you anyway because you question yourself and your worth. Self-esteem gets REALLY messed up. Could you just let us have this forum to encourage fellow believers? Please don't try to scare us off from some support we really need. This was my first visit to this site and I read what YOU posted and considered trying to find another place to find support. You should feel HORRIBLE knowing that YOU are blocking people from getting support. Who else could you have run away with your babble? Please get out and don't come back. Hater.

• 7 months later...

Add me to that list

I cannot reconcile that even if (hypothetically) I meet Mr Right tomorrow, and even if he accepted my "disease" unconditionally, that making love could never be spontaneous, romantic and beautiful as God intended it to be. Herpes to me spells SINGLE FOREVER, and I sometimes think that is what God intended me to be - single.

Christians out there - is my thinking correct or is it the devil wanting me single?

Would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Just because you have herpes does not mean that God intends for you to be single. If this was His intention, He might have sent you a stronger message by making you totally "incapacitated" and inaccessible in that respect.

Herpes does not make you inaccessible to men at all. (maybe at certain times, but then, as we remember from the Bible, women are not supposed to be accessible to men all the time ;) ).

You can easily and comfortably reach out and date from herpes dating websites. You can also date people who (you think) don't have herpes - of course, if you are nice and honest - you would disclose that you have herpes before you have sex with anyone.

That you risk rejection? Sure, but then even if you do not have herpes, you will get dumped quite a few times during your lifetime.

The bar has been raised - but you can jump over it and keep on going.

So my opinion is no, God does not indend for you to be single.

Devil- well, even if you believe in D, what would you care what this one wants - hopefully you do not want to follow his agenda;)

Take charge & live

This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Use your talents as His servant and that includes love (1 Cor. 13). Stop being a victim and wasting the life He has given you.

This has helped me. Maybe it will help you:

1. Learn about what NOT to eat (see this site, left column, section titled Fight Back) (http://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/herpes/herpes_diet_information.htm)

2. Try to have an alkaline diet (http://acidalkalinediet.com/foodchart.php?gid=1070513581&gclid=CLuY89PtjJICFSEaawodzmNYDg) Caution: Some alkaline foods are high in arginine so you have to balance these out. But there is much you can do to make your diet less acidic (squeeze lemon into your tuna mix for sandwiches, for example). Virus does not like an alkaline environment.

3. Foods that I have had to give up completely: coffee (green tea is OK), popcorn and almost all chocolate, nuts, and whole grains such as whole wheat bread. After a 3+ month total elimination of these items, I began to carefully reintroduce some of them back into my diet in limited quantities (coffee & popcorn still not good). For example, I seem to handle almonds OK in very limited amounts and in recipes, salads and etc., small pieces of chocolate on occasion and etc. Keep the quantities small and infrequent. No aspartame (artificial sweetner).

4. I take good multiple vitamins every day. Two times a day I also take odorless garlic, olive leaf extract, chelated zinc (once a day), indole-3-carbinol (one cap for under 200 lbs in body weight), resveratrol (red wine extract), lysine 2 times a day. All of these items are natural. Most are available at Target, Walmart, or your local pharmacy. Also take Andrographis, Oil of Oregano, & Astragalus, and Red Marine Algae. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

5. For indole-3-carbinol (you can Google it). It is naturally occurring in cruciferous vegetables and has also been found to inhibit certain cancers (breast, prostrate, and etc.) according to medical school reports I found on Google.

6. For medication I use Dynamiclear right away (best at night to let it work). Then I use Purell with Aloe (several times a day) and carry some with me. Apply it as soon as you feel any sign. These 2 things combined with a good diet and exercise have eliminated my outbreaks.

7. I shop the web for best prices on some of the items. For example, I can use regular zinc (found at your local store) but chelated zinc is better and I found the best price at Puritan’s Pride online. The indole-3-carbinol is available, I just Google it and select a good quality source for the best price.

8. If I have an outbreak, I make sure I treat it right away with Dynamiclear. I’ve tried a lot of things and this is the only one that has worked. I also use Purell after the Dynamiclear dries and them keep applying Purell several times throughout the day (I’ve found that I cannot over use Purell and it speeds healing).

9. If I have a bruise from an outbreak I use Arnica Relief Cream from GNC. You can also use Vita-K Solution (also a cream) but you have to order it online. I also use Zinc Oxide Ointment (20% or 40%) and 100% Aloe. These eliminate the bruising.

This really worked for me: Oil of Oregano is excellent and really works. Best source I’ve found is: http://www.bio-alternatives.net For the sore that first appears, use Dynamiclear if you can, let it dry for and hour or so, then start “Purell with Aloe” and apply it often. If alone, use Oil of Oregano on the area (it smells). For genital herpes apply it from the tail bone and up to your waist on the spine. Use Oil of Oregano 3 times daily under tongue (4+ drops) and apply on spine from tail bone to as high as waist at night before bed for 30 days or more. Some claim this has cured them (or permanently stopped outbreaks). It seems to have cured me. For oral herpes you can also apply it on spine at back of neck and down to shoulder blades. Oil of Oregano kills the virus.

Look at this link about Tagamet and how it stops outbreaks. Only Tagamet, not the competitors which may cause problems.

See: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2001/...tagamet_2.html